Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if LE didn't state they haven't been forthcoming to police then how are we coming to the conclusion that they haven't?

Its not about conclusions... its about possibilities JMO

The statement is unique. I don't recall every seeing or hearing this before. I would question its credibility as this is not a MSM article and there is no source cited.

I would be really surprised if this were true. While the "friends" are not the greatest people they seem to roll in the upscale club scene while the Taylor's seem like the grimey street type. Plus there is almost 20 years of age difference between them.

It seems pretty strong that the girls she traveled with were bullying her. Empowered by her need to be accepted, they rejected her at the very least. Pair that with the fact that JO called her and set her in motion back into the street, then left the hotel herself before she returned... the coincidence is not likely to be random.

Their callous behavior on social media adds another dimension.

And if JO had knowledge of the area, then she might have known where the gators would be... even if she'd just heard stories.

I'm not suggesting these individuals would've intentionally committed 1st, but I think bullying/hazing gone out of hand is the most likely.

I know this has already been bounced around, but these facts are compelling to me.

Well if LE didn't state they haven't been forthcoming to police then how are we coming to the conclusion that they haven't?

Nobody is coming to any conclusions, it's simply a definite possibility that needs to be mentioned more and that is supported by the way some of Brittanee's "friends" behaved following her disappearance both on TV and on social media.

He threatened to tell her mother that she had gone to SC if she didn't respond and, when she didn't, he did just that. At that point DD reached out a family friend in the military who was based in the south (I apologize, his name and base escape me) to head to the Myrtle Beach area and try to find Brittanee.

BBM
I think it was Camp Lejune (a Marine Corps base in Jacksonville, NC ---which is about a 2.5 hour drive from Myrtle Beach). A lot of the marines based there often drive down to MB on the weekends (at least, from my experience).

I can't remember the family friend's name, though.

I would be really surprised if this were true. While the "friends" are not the greatest people they seem to roll in the upscale club scene while the Taylor's seem like the grimey street type. Plus there is almost 20 years of age difference between them.

Thank you. I've followed this since the beginning too but like others have posted, my memories are somewhat fuzzy too. Thought I was really losing it. LOL!

Definitely unique. And the credibility needs to be questioned. But, very interesting as it fits in well with the theory i have had about this case for yrs..... that she was kidnapped for the purposes of trafficking and POSSIBLY some folks from Rochester had something to do with setting that in motion. JMO

I think she ended up out of the country and may have been alive for quite some time after the kidnapping. There is still a glimmer of hope that she could be alive IMO
That's definitely an interesting theory. It would fit in with the fact mentioned in one of the articles about a recent age progressed image that was created of Brittanee. If they had found her remains, why would they be about to release this new image? The only reason I can think why that is relevant would be if they believe she is still alive. The quote below seems to say that she has been identified, or is it just inaccurate writing?

From the link provided earlier:
'Lt. Joey Crosby, with Myrtle Beach Police Department, said in April the case remains wide open, and they have used age progression to identify Drexel. "

https://stephww.wordpress.com/2016/06/03/breaking-news-in-brittanee-drexel-dissapearance/

Why would a US Attorney be attending the presser?

"Special Agent in Charge David A. Thomas, FBI; Chief Warren Gall, Myrtle Beach Police Department; Sheriff J. Al Cannon Jr., Charleston County; Sheriff S. Duane Lewis, Berkeley County; Chief Mark Keel, South Carolina Law Enforcement Division; and U.S. Attorney Bill Nettles will be attending the press conference." http://www.southstrandnews.com/20160603/160609935/fbi-to-hold-press-conference-about-disappearance-of-brittanee-drexel

Would a US Attorney be present if body was found in a National Forest?

That's definitely an interesting theory. It would fit in with the fact mentioned in one of the articles about a recent age progressed image that was created of Brittanee. If they had found her remains, why would they be about to release this new image? The only reason I can think why that is relevant would be if they believe she is still alive. The quote below seems to say that she has been identified, or is it just inaccurate writing?

'Lt. Joey Crosby, with Myrtle Beach Police Department, said in April the case remains wide open, and they have used age progression to identify Drexel. "

https://stephww.wordpress.com/2016/06/03/breaking-news-in-brittanee-drexel-dissapearance/

Good question and catch!

Would a US Attorney be present if body was found in a National Forest?

Good question! I would say so, since the National Forests are "governed" by the Forest Service. I found the following quote about the Forest Service's investigative branch:

Special Agents are criminal investigators who plan and conduct investigations concerning possible violations of criminal and administrative provisions of the Forest Service and other statues under the U.S. Code. Special agents are normally plain clothes officers who carry concealed firearms, and other defensive equipment, make arrests, carry out complex criminal investigations, present cases for prosecution to U.S. Attorneys, and prepare investigative reports.

Source: http://www.fs.fed.us/lei/what-we-do.php

ETA: Wondering if the Forest Service would have to outsource some of the evidence processing to the FBI if a body is found in a National Forest?

I also caught the wording of that statement in a news article published on Friday. But I can't remember which article worded it that way.

ETA: Maybe they just misquoted him and forgot to add the word "help" or "potentially" --- as in, "they have used age progression to help (or potentially) identify Drexel."
?

I also caught the wording of that statement in a news article published on Friday. But I can't remember which article worded it that way.

ETA: Maybe they just misquoted him and forgot to add the word "help" or "potentially" --- as in, "they have used age progression to help (or potentially) identify Drexel."
?
That could be. Here is the original article where I read about it.
http://www.whec.com/news/fbi-latest-developments-brittanee-drexel-case/4159070/?cat=565

." Joey Crosby of the Myrtle Beach Police Department said in April the case remains wide open, and they have used age progression to identify Drexel. Drexel would now be 24-years-old."
Yes, it's probably just a very poorly worded quote. They really need to be more careful!

When was the last text to the boyfriend, relative to when she headed back to the hotel?

BBM
I think it was Camp Lejune (a Marine Corps base in Jacksonville, NC ---which is about a 2.5 hour drive from Myrtle Beach). A lot of the marines based there often drive down to MB on the weekends (at least, from my experience).

I can't remember the family friend's name, though.

His name was John Hahn he was on Nancy Grace also JO (Jennifer Oberer) had lived previously in Lumberton NC

Was Jesse Matthew ever ruled out as a suspect? I ask because the Harrington/Grahmn case recently finished up. Is there any way they made a plea deal with him to lead them to other possible victims? She seems to fit his MO.

Was Jesse Matthew ever ruled out as a suspect? I ask because the Harrington/Grahmn case recently finished up. Is there any way they made a plea deal with him to lead them to other possible victims? She seems to fit his MO.

I have never read where anyone has been ruled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska