Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TST was released after being arrested for RM's attempted abduction. I've never doubted for a second he doesn't know who it was though. Could we discuss any visual similarities between the sketch in RM's attempt and also the man who was arrested for this attempted murder in SC?

Find sketch in this article:
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/12864913/victim-of-attempted-abduction-in-mb-speaks-out

Find mugshot in this one:
http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...n-surrenders-after-georgetown-county-shooting
and this one:
http://bailbondcity.com/south_carolina/scdoc-inmate-TAYLOR/00341251

PB is obviously a self centered douche, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's responsible for this. The NY group really should have been a little more responsible. I don't recall who traveled with who and how many vehicles they took but it's still shocking that they all left MB knowing they left behind a missing 17 year old girl they traveled there with.

For that alone they should have been changed with something.

Unless there is physical injury or death, you can't charge someone with criminal negligence or anything. While I do believe they all behaved irresponsibly, it was not up to them to babysit Brittanee and look after her 24/7.

BBM funny that's the same word PB used on Dr Phil. Maybe they shouldn't have taken a 17 year old out of state without her parent's knowledge?

Unless there is physical injury or death, you can't charge someone with criminal negligence or anything. While I do believe they all behaved irresponsibly, it was not up to them to babysit Brittanee and look after her 24/7.

But it was recently established that PB and his friends were no longer considered as the main persons of interest.

Not really. CD said that. However if you listen to the reporter's phone interview yesterday (link posted above thread), he specifically addressed that and was told by LE no one was ruled out.

Not that it would help with Brit's case, or give any closure but...a group of 18 year olds who aren't parents or guardians should be responsible for any underage companions.

Look at this way, if an 18 year old boyfriend took his 17 year old girlfriend several states away, without telling anyone, and then the parents of the girlfriend found out...you can bet a lot of parents would consider kidnapping charges.

There needs to be some responsibility here. As it stands, the example it sets is that it's fine to take a 17 year old several states away and leave her behind when you can't locate her, without taking any real steps to remedy the situation. Not only is it morally reprehensible, it should be a crime as well, IMO.

I'm in April 2011 (thread 14) and there is lots of talk about Susan Murphy Milano. She was a blogger with her on radio show. She did quite a bit of reporting in Brittanee and, IIRC, interviewed her family. Susan was a member of WS and posted on B's threads from time to time. She has now passed away, but her blog lives on. If you're interested:

http://murphymilanojournal.blogspot.com/

I found articles about Brittanee by using the search tool on the right hand side of the page.

BBM funny that's the same word PB used on Dr Phil. Maybe they shouldn't have taken a 17 year old out of state without her parent's knowledge?

Yes I know that and I'm not saying she had it coming, I'm just saying that what PB said is to some extent accurate. He is not responsible for what his "friend" does or where his "friend" goes, just like I'm not responsible for what my friends do or where they go when I hang out with them. I can take care of them, I can make sure they are safe but I cannot be on their backs 24/7. Also, they didn't take Brittanee out of state, she's the one who desperately wanted to go to ME in the first place. They just provided her with a ride there. She wouldn't have been there if she herself didn't want to be there and she did want to be there.

Now, it is always good to approach media articles with a healthy dose of skepticism. Reporters make mistakes. Reporters are given leaks that may or may not be factual in order to serve LE interests. And of course people can be just wrong about their theories of a case. So take what follows with that caveat.

I've bolded some key phrases from the quotation taken from the linked article. The writer appears to be very careful to distinguish between "Brozowitz" and the "four friends" throughout this passage, up to the point in which the writer says "none of the friends" are suspects.

Now that is one carefully ambiguous statement. My own reading is that "none of the friends" refers to the four friends--excluding Brozowitz--are suspects, because when the writer means Brozowitz, the writer either names him directly or refers to "the five." The other way to read it is that "none of the friends" refers to the five, which means Brozowitz wouldn't be a suspect.

If my own reading is correct, someone is turning up the heat via mainstream media.

Cops say Brozowitz and four of his friends stayed at the Bluewater Hotel on Ocean Boulevard. The four friends told police that they met Brittanee briefly at a nightclub, but didn't know her.

Police say the next day Drexel met all five on the beach near the Bluewater. She then came back to their room that night for about ten minutes.

Police say the teen then left to go back to her motel to return some clothing to a friend.

That's the last time anyone saw her.

Police interviewed Brozowitz and his friends after Brittanee went missing. Crosby said at this point, none of the friends are suspects.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/324379...c&sf30911935=1

Bringing forward pittsburghgirl's astute post about the wording in this article. It's important to pay attention to the wording because cops will lie and mix word salad to protect the integrity of their case. The fact that so much is being reported now tells me that they are close and putting the pressure on the perps. They stated at the presser that the person who comes forward with the one piece of info needed to arrest(s) will be protected and will not be charged. My gut tells me that they may be speaking to a female specifically but that's JMO. If the story is true that someone stated at a party in Rochester (before they went to MB) that he could traffic Britt then that may be why the FBI is involved. Britt naively crossed state lines with a group of people and someone sold her into human trafficking.

What is currently going on with the 'R' group? Are JO or any of the other girls married, had children? What about JO's brother, PO? What about PB or any of the guys who went with him? Married, arrested? IMO, Somebody's talking. And I think it's somebody in jail. But here's the thing....that somebody could be from SC and doesn't know the name of who actually sold Britt. Just that his buddy, brother, friend, etc. 'bought her' from some dude in the Rochester group. I'm just not ready to rule out anyone from that group with the current rumors and recent new info.

Are any T's or members of the gang arrested for Shannon's death currently incarcerated? Do we know if one of the younger family members were at the CCU party the guys supposedly attended?

I just feel sick to my stomach with all this new information. Britt was held for days by more than 1 person and almost escaped from one of her captors and was killed because of it? Sorry, I'm going to my room and rock back and forth on my bed and have a good cry for a bit.

MOO

Who checks out of a hotel at 1a.m.?

Apparently the mother of one of the kids that traveled with Brittanee upon hearing that Brittanee was missing told them to pack their bags and leave immediately.

Cops say Brozowitz and four of his friends stayed at the Bluewater Hotel on Ocean Boulevard. The four friends told police that they met Brittanee briefly at a nightclub, but didn't know her.

Police say the next day Drexel met all five on the beach near the Bluewater. She then came back to their room that night for about ten minutes.

Police say the teen then left to go back to her motel to return some clothing to a friend.

That's the last time anyone saw her.

Police interviewed Brozowitz and his friends after Brittanee went missing. Crosby said at this point, none of the friends are suspects.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/324379...c&sf30911935=1

Bringing forward pittsburghgirl's astute post about the wording in this article. It's important to pay attention to the wording because cops will lie and mix word salad to protect the integrity of their case. The fact that so much is being reported now tells me that they are close and putting the pressure on the perps. They stated at the presser that the person who comes forward with the one piece of info needed to arrest(s) will be protected and will not be charged. My gut tells me that they may be speaking to a female specifically but that's JMO. If the story is true that someone stated at a party in Rochester (before they went to MB) that he could traffic Britt then that may be why the FBI is involved. Britt naively crossed state lines with a group of people and someone sold her into human trafficking.

What is currently going on with the 'R' group? Are JO or any of the other girls married, had children? What about JO's brother, PO? What about PB or any of the guys who went with him? Married, arrested? IMO, Somebody's talking. And I think it's somebody in jail. But here's the thing....that somebody could be from SC and doesn't know the name of who actually sold Britt. Just that his buddy, brother, friend, etc. 'bought her' from some dude in the Rochester group. I'm just not ready to rule out anyone from that group with the current rumors and recent new info.

Are any T's or members of the gang arrested for Shannon's death currently incarcerated? Do we know if one of the younger family members were at the CCU party the guys supposedly attended?

I just feel sick to my stomach with all this new information. Britt was held for days by more than 1 person and almost escaped from one of her captors and was killed because of it? Sorry, I'm going to my room and rock back and forth on my bed and have a good cry for a bit.

MOO

wm, IIRC, HR is incarcerated.

Thread 14 May 2011:

With the help of Merrill's Investigations, Chris and Rocky say all the agencies were working side-by-side, gaining ground. They lived and breathed this case, working and developing new leads and getting very close to making some arrests.

In the summer of 2010, however, they say that all changed.

In June, Bailey was taken off the case completely for the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office. Just a few months later, the same thing happened to Burke at the Charleston County Sheriff's Office.

"Some new task forces were formed and my role was diminished," said Burke.

Around that same time, Merrill's Investigations was told, their services were no longer needed, says Pickering.

"I was told, our involvement had run its course, thank you very much, and if we need you, we'll call," Pickering explained. "No one's called me."

^ http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14557534
link still works

Corruption?

Sorry I'm bouncing back and forth guys! Between past threads and current thread, I mean. I just thought I'd mention that I found a website that lists everyone currently locked up in Charleston County, not just past arrest records. If you're interested:

http://inmatesearch.charlestoncounty.org/

I think it's against TOS if he hasn't been named publicly, but WOW! Too much of a coincidence IMO.

We already know his other son is locked up in Georgetown (I am assuming son based on same address, last name, and a variation of "Shaun" in name).

He is not the only one brought in on federal charges that same day.

I don't want to get in trouble for posting anything I shouldn't so I am going to delete my posts giving any names. We can look at records so I will leave the link. I encourage you all the check it out if you haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro