Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still keeping up with reviewing all threads. I'm nearly to thread 7 now. I'm still finding much confusion about the timeline of B's travels and the cell phone pings. Also, the thread is in October so everyone was wishing B happy 18th birthday. Lastly, there is talk about searches now that the temps have cooled off and the leaves have fallen. I did come across something I didn't recall. Find it in thread 6 post #776

"Her phone went dead for 24, 24 hours and 59 minutes. But for one minute, that phone pinged itself enough for the battery to recharge itself for that amount of time and ping this tower that we're all going to be searching around," Chad Drexel said.

Did we remember that Brittanee's phone was dead for such a long period of time and then pinged the tower again? That tells me someone had her phone and turned it on.

How do they know who did it? Probably one or two statements, plus exhaustive surveillence using the most advanced radio/cell signal and cell activity tracking equipment, tech developed here in the States to try and detect cell signals which were used to blow up IED's in Iraq and elsewhere.

Does anyone here know much about TracFones? I understand a lot of criminals use them as they can be difficult to track back to the person in possession of them, at times.

I'd imagine there's been a blanket of electronic surveillance in that area for several years, as the case evolved. When one of the possible perps was hauled in during 2010, and then let go, they may not have had enough evidence to link him to the crime, and I'm merely using him as an example. The perps may not have been hauled in for anything since then, which is why they need more people to come forward.

Everybody that believes the "friends" are involved in some way should watch this interview IMO. You can tell that Chad no longer believes they were involved or that they knew anything about what happened to her.
My opinion only, I didn't get the feeling he ruled them all out. What he said could go either way, I didn't take it as ruling anyone out. I have watched it twice and will watch again, i think most friends can be ruled out but not all. I will watch it again and focus on what he said.

My opinion only, I didn't get the feeling he ruled them all out. What he said could go either way, I didn't take it as ruling anyone out. I have watched it twice and will watch again, i think most friends can be ruled out but not all. I will watch it again and focus on what he said.

I'll go back and watch later tonight to point out the things that were said that led me to believe that.

Here are some random names of women who went missing in South Carolina, there is no connection that I know of to Brittanee.

Angela Grace Pipkin

Missing from Aynor since Jan. 16, 2014 / Last seen at IGA in Aynor after being dropped off by father / Age at disappearance: 32

Heather Elvis

Missing from Myrtle Beach since Dec. 18, 2013 / Last seen leaving apartment near River Oaks Drive, Myrtle Beach / Age at disappearance: 20

Crystal Soles

Missing since January 24, 2005 / Last seen at the Shaw’s Corner Store in Andrews, SC / Age at diappearance: 28

Lisa Neugent

Missing from Horry County since August 08, 1999 / Age at disappearance: 22

Lakeshia Turner

Missing from Horry County since October 31, 2006 / Age at disappearance: 27-28

Andrea Hayslette

Missing from Horry County since April 24, 1993 / Age at disappearance: 29

I found my list and only had two that weren't mentioned here:

Susan DeLuca
Missing since 4/15/10 from Aynor
W/F/45

Deborah Robertson
Missing since 1/14/95 from Myrtle Beach
W/F/39

Those two women were a bit older than the others so they probably aren't related, but ya never know. The rest of the people on my list (that weren't mentioned on yours) are male.

(But just in case anyone is curious, I'll add them too.)

Matthew Scheer
Missing since 10/3/15 from North Myrtle Beach
W/M/26

Zach Malinowski
Missing since 8/25/13 from Aynor
W/M/19

Robert L Gore, Jr
Missing since 4/26/13 from Myrtle Beach
W/M/43

Johnny Brown
Missing since 8/5/12 from Myrtle Beach
B/M/44

Glenn Howlett
Missing since 6/23/09 from Myrtle Beach
W/M/48

Kareem Ward
Missing since 6/17/07 from Aynor
B/M/22

Woodrow Taylor
Missing since 12/13/97 from Conway
B/M/38

Murray Kennedy
Missing since 10/17/04 from Myrtle Beach
B/M/41

Also,
Angie Pipkin's remains were found in Florence County on a landing of the Great Pee Dee River in May of 2014. A man by the name of Randy Robinson has been arrested and charged for her murder and is currently awaiting trial.

http://wbtw.com/2016/01/19/case-continued-for-man-charged-in-murder-of-angie-pipkin/

I also watched twice and do not see where he rules any of the NY Group out of the list.

I also watched twice and do not see where he rules any of the NY Group out of the list.

He doesn't flat out say they aren't involved, but I believe it's implied by what he says. One of the interviewers asks him something like "Do you have any ill will towards the friends?" and he responds by saying he has ill will for pointing the finger at them (as in he regrets doing it) and then he goes on to explain why it appeared he thought they knew something all along. I didn't get a chance to rewatch it to get the exact time and quotes yet.

Still keeping up with reviewing all threads. I'm nearly to thread 7 now. I'm still finding much confusion about the timeline of B's travels and the cell phone pings. Also, the thread is in October so everyone was wishing B happy 18th birthday. Lastly, there is talk about searches now that the temps have cooled off and the leaves have fallen. I did come across something I didn't recall. Find it in thread 6 post #776

Did we remember that Brittanee's phone was dead for such a long period of time and then pinged the tower again? That tells me someone had her phone and turned it on.

I vaguely remember that from the time. It's also possible that her phone was just out of signal for that time (as opposed to turned off). Perhaps somewhere remote or, imho more likely, in a basement.

Here are some random names of women who went missing in South Carolina, there is no connection that I know of to Brittanee.

Angela Grace Pipkin

Missing from Aynor since Jan. 16, 2014 / Last seen at IGA in Aynor after being dropped off by father / Age at disappearance: 32

Heather Elvis

Missing from Myrtle Beach since Dec. 18, 2013 / Last seen leaving apartment near River Oaks Drive, Myrtle Beach / Age at disappearance: 20

Crystal Soles

Missing since January 24, 2005 / Last seen at the Shaw’s Corner Store in Andrews, SC / Age at diappearance: 28

Lisa Neugent

Missing from Horry County since August 08, 1999 / Age at disappearance: 22

Lakeshia Turner

Missing from Horry County since October 31, 2006 / Age at disappearance: 27-28

Andrea Hayslette

Missing from Horry County since April 24, 1993 / Age at disappearance: 29

12-year-old Annette Deanne Sagers, who vanished in October 1988. Is she too young for this list?

Brandy Hanna: http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20150520/PC16/150529981

Edwina Sims.

I found all these names in thread 7 post #79. There are a couple others names as well: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Drexel-17-Myrtle-Beach-25-April-2009-7/page6

Thread 7 posts 80ish and continuing for several more there are links to multiple news articles. IIRC, this was directly before the sunglasses were found. Quotes such as these are present:

A new tip has reignited the search effort in Georgetown County for missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel who vanished from Ocean Boulevard in April.

The efforts began Friday when two cadaver dogs from the CUE Center for Missing Persons were brought in to work an area along the North Santee River.

The dogs' work produced further developments which prompted police and searchers to request a dive team, CUE Center found Monica Caison said.

As previously reported, the cell phone made a bee line from Myrtle Beach to somewhere near the North Santee Community around the hour Drexel was last seen.

A cell phone belonging to Drexel, who was 17 at the time of her disappearance, gave off its last known signal the night of April 26 in the area around U.S. 17 and the South Santee River in Georgetown County, authorities said.

Just so we have a clear idea of where searches were taking place *relatively* early on. It was very shortly after this that the sunglasses were found. To throw searches off?

I am going to look up Crystal Soles and the circumstances surrounding her disappearance. Andrews is near Georgetown according to the map I looked at.

Thread 7 post 235 (January 2010):

Quote Originally Posted by kellync View Post

This is very sad. I have been on the phone with the girls I know in the area. They insist that she has been found and that a person confessed. he is from Charleston. Brittanee got in the car with him at a gas station in Socastee and that he was involved in harming another child years ago, but they didnt have enough evidence to prosecute. The e mail I recieved before my phone call said this:
"They found her in a old barn just down the rd from my moms house. We have pulled over in front of that old barn several times since she has been missing. its just down the rd from the old store we go to all the time. Makes me feel sick!
How sad thats where her life ended!
God help her family
FWIW..Tricia, please delete if necessary, but I tend to now believe this since I have talked to 2 people in the immediate area this morning...
Thanks for the info Kelly. I guess what I wonder about is would be why would she go inland to Socastee and how she got there.

Thread 7 post 246:

This is the last thing I will say (lol, suuuuure) My friend told me that they have arrested someone,--here are her words, they are printed with her permission, and please note, this is not fact, just a locals word:

"yes we're sure she was found in the McClellanville area. Detectives have been here off and on since around July, but they were EVERYWHERE 4 days ago, camping by the river searching for her. Yesterday there was a huge parade-like line of police cars and unmarked cars, and soon after news that she was found hit our community. they arrested a guy who was in suspicion of another murder like 6 years ago, but they couldn't charge him back then bc there wasn't enough evidence. Its so sad, but at least her parents and friends have closure. I hope whoever did this suffers tremendously.
I'll keep you updated."

We know now that B's remains were not found then. However, what was the rumor about some evidence being found in a barn? Did it stem from this post? Also, very interesting this post was made prior to the attempted abduction in MB of Massey. This was before Ts were identified and named in the media by LE. But as we know, the T was arrested several years (I believe it was 8, not 6 per this quote but you never know) prior to this and was released. So....

Just thought it was interesting and might be able to spur some discussion. Has LE really known for this long and have been waiting for more evidence ever since?

Thread 7 post 235 (January 2010):

Thread 7 post 246:

We know now that B's remains were not found then. However, what was the rumor about some evidence being found in a barn? Did it stem from this post? Also, very interesting this post was made prior to the attempted abduction in MB of Massey. This was before Ts were identified and named in the media by LE. But as we know, the T was arrested several years (I believe it was 8, not 6 per this quote but you never know) prior to this and was released. So....

Just thought it was interesting and might be able to spur some discussion. Has LE really known for this long and have been waiting for more evidence ever since?
Wow! This is crazy!! Interesting about the barn as I had seen something somewhere that her brain matter was found in the barn and that is how they knew she was dead. Attributed it to gossip, but with this post?

Wow! This is crazy!! Interesting about the barn as I had seen something somewhere that her brain matter was found in the barn and that is how they knew she was dead. Attributed it to gossip, but with this post?

It is all rumor. The posts I just shared and the one you just referenced (I'm sorry, I can't quite bring myself to type it out). It's just very interesting. FWIW, I did come across another post where someone contacted local authorities and they said these rumors were untrue. But you know, you never know...

It seems Crystal Soles and Brittanee have been linked for years.

http://www.live5news.com/story/14881099/sled-steps-in-to-help-in-crystal-soles-case

In 2011, SLED (State Law Enforcement Division) was called in to investigate. The same agency that is working on Brittanee's case.

Feb 2012-Detectives with the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division said they are also investigating a possible connection between Drexel’s case and the 2005 disappearance of Crystal Soles. Soles, 28, was last seen Jan. 24, 2005, in Andrews, S.C., and is believed to have been abducted as she walked home in the dark.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/16...#ixzz1mg0parne

It seems Crystal Soles and Brittanee have been linked for years.

http://www.live5news.com/story/14881099/sled-steps-in-to-help-in-crystal-soles-case

In 2011, SLED (State Law Enforcement Division) was called in to investigate. The same agency that is working on Brittanee's case.

Feb 2012-Detectives with the Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office and the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division said they are also investigating a possible connection between Drexel’s case and the 2005 disappearance of Crystal Soles. Soles, 28, was last seen Jan. 24, 2005, in Andrews, S.C., and is believed to have been abducted as she walked home in the dark.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/16...#ixzz1mg0parne

Yes and I also believe that one or more of the searches conducted by CUE Center were "combined" for both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06