Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've asked a couple times to no avail. Can someone please provide an official timeline for B's case? Is this something that just isn't in existence?

Let me know.

http://truecrimediva.com/tcds-thoughts-brittanee-drexel/

She has formed a pretty good timeline based off the media sources, traffic video, and such.

Court Follower

Thank you courtfollower. I will base my questions off of this timeline:

Articles released early on in the case state that LE believe something happened to B within 7 minutes of leaving the hotel. Per this timeline, B left Blue Water at 8:48. 7 minutes later would be 8:55. That said, the timeline also indicated that JG received his last text from B at 8:58. IMO, either LE's assumption is wrong or the timeline is wrong. 7 minutes is a very specific time and LE must have a reason for thinking that.

OK, fine, giving this timeline a couple minute leeway - what about the text from B's phone at 9:15 where she texted a friend (unknown who) that she was going to visit a friend at another hotel (unknown where). By all accounts, B had already met with foul play at least 15 minutes prior to this text being sent.

OK - let's give the timeline even more benefit of the doubt. Let's assume B sent that text at 9:15. That's still not enough time for the perp to drive to Surfside Beach (reportedly a 15 minute drive) after abducting B.

Additionally, why did it take this perp 2.5 hours to drive 1 hours worth of distance (MB to Georgetown/Pole Yard Landing)? I doubt they were going this drastically slow because that would draw attention to their vehicle. IMO, they were taking B to her holding place and then, where the final ping occurred, is the disposal site of the phone. For this reason, I'd like to know where B's phone was pinging between 9:30-11:58. I think that would tell us where she was held.

Articles released early on in the case state that LE believe something happened to B within 7 minutes of leaving the hotel. Per this timeline, B left Blue Water at 8:48. 7 minutes later would be 8:55. That said, the timeline also indicated that JG received his last text from B at 8:58. IMO, either LE's assumption is wrong or the timeline is wrong. 7 minutes is a very specific time and LE must have a reason for thinking that.

OK, fine, giving this timeline a couple minute leeway - what about the text from B's phone at 9:15 where she texted a friend (unknown who) that she was going to visit a friend at another hotel (unknown where). By all accounts, B had already met with foul play at least 15 minutes prior to this text being sent.

OK - let's give the timeline even more benefit of the doubt. Let's assume B sent that text at 9:15. That's still not enough time for the perp to drive to Surfside Beach (reportedly a 15 minute drive) after abducting B.

Additionally, why did it take this perp 2.5 hours to drive 1 hours worth of distance (MB to Georgetown/Pole Yard Landing)? I doubt they were going this drastically slow because that would draw attention to their vehicle. IMO, they were taking B to her holding place and then, where the final ping occurred, is the disposal site of the phone. For this reason, I'd like to know where B's phone was pinging between 9:30-11:58. I think that would tell us where she was held.
I agree! I also have been trying to find the article where it was stated she was held for 5 days. Someone stated the BD father said this.

Court Follower

Yes, that was the only one I could find as well. There really isn't much to go on traffic cam, arriving at boys hotel, leaving hotel & a couple of pings IIRC but there are times for each of those events to form a timeline as Truecrimediva did.
Atleast its something for now . .

Court Follower

I disagree-- she could have texted JG after she was in harms way. This fits with my theory that her last text to JG was something that made him think she was in immediate danger. Maybe the perp stopped his car to try to get her in at 8:55 and she texted JG at 8:58 that someone tried to make her enter a car. Or she could have been followed starting at 8:55 and texted JG that a few minutes later. Or, I think, less likely, she voluntarily got into a car at 8:55 and texted JG at 8:58 like "guy from the party last night is giving me a ride, hope I make it to the hotel!" or something like that. Anyway, this was just to illustrate that a text could come post-danger, and that would fit with the idea that JG thought she was in danger and why he was so quick to alert her mom when she hadn't responded in minutes.

I disagree-- she could have texted JG after she was in harms way. This fits with my theory that her last text to JG was something that made him think she was in immediate danger. Maybe the perp stopped his car to try to get her in at 8:55 and she texted JG at 8:58 that someone tried to make her enter a car. Or she could have been followed starting at 8:55 and texted JG that a few minutes later. Or, I think, less likely, she voluntarily got into a car at 8:55 and texted JG at 8:58 like "guy from the party last night is giving me a ride, hope I make it to the hotel!" or something like that. Anyway, this was just to illustrate that a text could come post-danger, and that would fit with the idea that JG thought she was in danger and why he was so quick to alert her mom when she hadn't responded in minutes.

Also, if she was grabbed while she was in the middle of texting, one of the perps could have taken her cell and finished the text for her, to gain more time before anyone worried about her. If her friend was saying 'where are you?' a perp could have said 'going to meet my friend at their hotel...' to buy them more time.

Wait . . I remember on the documentary her boyfriend said some guys had been harassing her the night or so before and she had the kid who video'd her walk with her. She actually went to his hotel. . I wonder if they done a sketch of those who was harassing her or if that guy was able to recall what they looked like. . just a thought
ef912c53c37c5f504967fa4c7af82973.jpg

Court Follower

I'm glad my post stirred up some discussion, as it was intended to. I'm confident LE knows what B's last text to JG said (and IIRC, it was in the Disappeared episode). I posted what I did on the assumption that B sent those texts. In earlier posts I have entertained the idea the it's possible the perp got a hold of her phone and texted a contact. This would substantiate the story that something happened to B within 7 minutes. Alternately, as you point out dove, if B DID sent a text after she was already in a vehicle, that would seem to indicate that she got in willingly. I cannot fathom a situation where she was forced into a vehicle but then also given access to her phone - unless we are going to consider the possibility she was forced in the car and then forced to send that text.

My post was more to say OK, so if we are to assume this timeline is true, then either these following facts ARE or ARE NOT true and here's how that's possible.

IF this were the case, IMO, it would qualify has human trafficking.

With regard to how widely the idea is shared -- I think there are a lot of people here that thing that drugs somehow played a role in B's disappearance. IMO, B was not "sold" or "traded." I can see the girls forcing B to go pick up drugs from hotels (i.e. Blue Water) or other locations just because they were paying for her room. It doesn't seem she had much to contribute monetarily so I think it's highly probable she "earned her keep" in other ways. IYKWIM.

I agree. I think the back and forth between hotels for "flip flips" and "shorts" was not for articles of clothing. I also think that is why she told her boyfriend about the others using drugs and her not liking it. I wonder if she admitted to him that she was going back and forth for them at that moment when she was texting him and THAT is why he so quickly contacted her mom after she didn't text back.

BD obviously trusted people who she did not know. .

This is about the video the guy she met filmed of her the night before she went missing.

http://wpde.com/news/local/new-video-missing-spring-breaker-brittanee-drexel

The video was shot by a guy from Illinois who met Brittanee the night before she went missing in April of last year. It was shot in on a cell phone in a hotel room in Myrtle Beach.

Drexel was visiting the Grand Strand from Rochester, NY.

When the guy who took the video found out Brittanee was missing, he called police and was questioned. Police tell us he is not considered a suspect or even a person of interest.

Police have said the video doesn't really provide much information for their investigation.

IMO this shows BD could have well got into a vehicle willingly the night of her disappearance.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Maybe we should compile a list of all the missing and/or attempted abduction cases and their disposition from Myrtle Beach in the last
15 years. Maybe we could see a pattern.

Maybe we should compile a list of all the missing and/or attempted abduction cases and their disposition from Myrtle Beach in the last
15 years. Maybe we could see a pattern.

I have a list around my house somewhere. I compiled it not long after Heather Elvis was reported missing, so I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

I know that Crystal Soles is one of the missing girls on my list. She disappeared in 2005 and was last seen walking home from a convenience store in Andrews, SC (right outside of Georgetown). She was a known drug addict but LE believes foul play was involved. Before she left the store, she called her father (who she lived with at the time) to tell him she was walking home.

I have a list around my house somewhere. I compiled it not long after Heather Elvis was reported missing, so I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

I know that Crystal Soles is one of the missing girls on my list. She disappeared in 2005 and was last seen walking home from a convenience store in Andrews, SC (right outside of Georgetown). She was a known drug addict but LE believes foul play was involved. Before she left the store, she called her father (who she lived with at the time) to tell him she was walking home.

It's posted in one of HE's earlier threads, I think. I had a similar one as well, as did several others. There were a lot going back about twenty years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about we start a working document. Missing name, age, physical traits, date missing, location, disposition. I will put it in an excel document and share it after it is compiled. If someone wants to throw out names, maybe people will volunteer to do a little research on the particular case.

From what I gathered from the PC, the FBI believes she was held for several days before being killed. One thing that is striking me, I am bouncing around from page to page and not being thorough, but BD's boyfriend immediately became suspicious of her being missing. I wonder if she texted him something else that made him worry. Having been to MB many times, cell service isn't always the best.

I have been bouncing from page to page, from PC, it appears she was taken south and held for about 5 days before she was murdered. One thing that strikes me is how fast her bf Becomes concerned that she is missing. I have been to MB many times, and the cell service isn't the best. I don't suspect him at all, but I wonder if she said something that immediately made him worry and go to her mom?

I believe it was the PC that stated she was held for 5 days before she was killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9