Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone had any doubts about ST being involved, I'm sure you don't now after reading that.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The timeline has always been under scrutiny in this case. In October 2010 Investigation Discovery dedicated an episode of Disappeared to B. Much of the timeline was clarified and I believe it is the most credible timeline we have. Bringing some of the show's recap forward.

Thread 13 post #36 (waltzingmatilda):

Highlights from Disappeared...2nd half hr.

Britt was captured on traffic cam on way to BW at 8:15pm & left the BW at 8:48 pm. Police estimated it should have taken Brittanee about 15 minutes to get to the traffic cam before returning to her hotel. Brittanee never made it that far. At 8:58 she texts John, her bf saying she is headed back to hotel to pack and go to bed. then all outbound activity from her phone stopped.Because John and friends were trying to reach her, Le was able to track her phone south. At 9:27 pm her phone is moving south around surfside Bch. 15 mins by car. 11:58 her phone pings cell phone tower # 332. 50 mile s of MB...beeline to GT County.

LE obtains Brittanee's cell phone records. Her last known location is over an hour away. Dorio says a teen from NY is not going to Pole Yard Landing that time o nite while on Spring break.

Britt's best friend TF traveled to MB with DD, Britt's grandparents and Britt's bf and another friend to search for her the day after she went missing.
TF has decided to pursue criminal justice as a career to give closure and justice to other families of the missing. (this tears me up)

Britt's bro and sis asked TF upon return, "Where's Brittanee? Why isn't she with you? I thought you were going to find Brittanee". (This tears me up too. Gosh it is even harder to watch the second time)

There was no DNA evidence on the sunglasses that was found in Dec per Graeme Moore.
CD feels they may have been planted to throw searchers off from someone who was getting heat form authorities. The sunglasses were found on a desolate part of the riverbank.

Britt's mom wants to believe the glasses belong to Britt as she had gotten a new pair for Easter.

CD is skeptical. The glasses were found months after her disappearance. Dec. 09. Where is all the mud, leaves & branches that should be on them after sooo many months. the bf doesn't recognize them but says that doesn't mean she didn't buy them in MB.

Det. Dorio says it's just a matter of time now of putting together evidence to arrest the POI's.

DD believes Britt is still alive and was abducted for human trafficking. authorities are skeptical of this as they have no indication of such...no history. Graeme Moore says HT not a problem in SC.

TF says you have to watch out for Britt. She thinks nothing can hurt her and she is too trusting of people.

Hope this helps those of you who were unable to watch the program.

LLLindsayy will hopefully fill in parts I left out later.

wm

Last edited by waltzingmatilda; 10-05-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: add italics

Post #38 (trigger):

Im watching the show now and here is the texting they showed.

8:57pm your last late ruined baby seariously for me please just try to enjoy yourself you deserve it more than anyone i know
8:58pm No *** that im staying in packing and going to sleep probably
9:06pm You back from Myrtle yet?
9:15pm Babe im concerned about ya Let me k whats going on okayy I dont want you out alone if your friends are *** but i also dont want u to ruin yr last night there
9:57pm Where aare u
9:56pm Wher r u
10:00pm Im calling your mom if I don't hear from you in ten minutes

Britt cell phone records ....
??? Tower 640 715 Grate Ave
Ping Georgetown 9:53pm Tower 641 209 Firehouse street
ping Georgetown 9:54pm Tower 641 209 Firehouse street
Ping Georgetown 9:56pm wher r u
Ping Georgetown 9:57pm where aare u
Ping Georgetown 10:00pm im calling your mom if i dont hear from you in 10 min

927pm: Although she is suppose to be heading north towards her hotel at 927pm about 30min after her last text, data reveals her cell is headed southbound on RT 17. Her phone is pinging south towers in a area called surfside beach almost 7 miles south of Myrtle beach. It would take 2 hours to walk there and 15min by car. The phone itself, we are not sure if she was separated from her phone, was moving at a high enough rate of speed that it would be in a vehicle. Not sure if her battery died or was destroyed. But at 1158PM just 3 hours after her last text to John pings at tower #332 near Georgetown County.

Last edited by trigger; 10-05-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Post #40 (me):

I see all of you have posted some recaps already. I'm at school right now, but I have a 30 minute break between classes, so I'm going to type of some of the information I collected. I haven't had much time to read all of your postings yet, so I'm sorry if this has already been covered!

-At one point we were discussing whether or not the actual content of text messages can be obtained. It can! Detectives on the show had a timeline of all of the messages.

-JG began to get worried after exactly 30 minutes of no texts from B. This could help solidify a timeline which I know has always been up in the air around here.

-I was aware of 3 different groups of kids that traveled from Roc to MB. DD stated that there were approximately 30-40 individuals. Did anyone else know it was this many?

-We wondered of B was invited on the trip or if she imposed herself and they obliged. Turns out, they asked her.

-I didn't know that B was having such a hard time before she left for spring break. CD said she had been skipping school and that she had recently overdosed twice on her mom's paid medications. Both of these times were immediately following a breakup with JG. She saw a counselor at one point also.

-Britt started feeling alienated from the crew on the second day of the trip. This was because they were using drugs and she didn't do those kinds of things, per JG. B did things on her own in MB such as going to the beach and going out to eat.

-One of B's friends in MB talked to DD on the phone as if they were a parent in Roc and stated that B was doing fine.

-Timeline info: B left Blue Water at 8:48.

-Calls to B's phone from family and friends rang and rang the first few times, but eventually began going straight to voicemail. It is unclear to LE if this was because the battery died or if it was destroyed (they did not give the option that it was turned off intentionally).

-Timeline; LE estimates walking time from BW to BH to be 15 minutes.

-PB and lawyer were cooperative with investigation upon returning to Roc. He provided the explanation that a mom of one of his friends requested that they return to Roc and that's the reason for the sudden departure.

-B's last texts to JG: staying at the hotel, going to pack, and then probably go to sleep (10 mins. after leaving BW)

-B's phone pinged a tower every time someone tried to call her or text her.

-Last ping from cell tower #332. Cell phone zone for this tower is 4 miles wide and 5 miles deep,

-"If she's in this area, she would have been eaten within 6 hours." A quote from one of the searches, I didn't get a name.

I don't have as much hope for the sunglasses as I once did.

-They were not weathered or buried. LE thinks they could have been placed there as a deterrent. They may have been put there with the hopes they'd be found.

-There was no DNA on the classes per Graeme.

-DD still thinks B was trafficked.

-LE says probably not because it isn't an issue in the area?

-B's best friend TF says that B has always been too trusting of people and that you always have to look out for her.

-LE put the video out in hopes of gaining new information? My question is WHAT kind of info could you get from that video??

-The video was shot in B's hotel room, not the boys.

-They received no info from the video that allowed for an arrest.

I can elaborate on this info later, but these are just a rough copy of my notes.

FWIW, looks like LE is still on T-clan's case. Per Charleston Co. Courts public search index, TST ticketed for "2485-Traffic / Operating or permitting operation of vehicle which is not registered and licensed." on July 1. Disposition date (not sure what that means) was July 6.

FWIW, looks like LE is still on T-clan's case. Per Charleston Co. Courts public search index, TST ticketed for "2485-Traffic / Operating or permitting operation of vehicle which is not registered and licensed." on July 1. Disposition date (not sure what that means) was July 6.

Good! I hope they ride his butt and tail him everywhere he goes.

Just curious if anyone thinks there may be any connection between the disappearance of 19 year old Brian Sullivan from Chili, NY in 2007 and Brittanee's disappearance from Myrtle Beach in 2009. I know the T's seem to be the primary suspects in Brittanee's disappearance, but I have read some theories that the "friends" from NY may have had some involvement. Could Brian have known/hung out with those same friends?
Is it just a horrible coincidence? I hope someday both these families will have answers!

http://13wham.com/news/top-stories/police-have-person-of-interest-in-brian-sullivan-disappearance

Just curious if anyone thinks there may be any connection between the disappearance of 19 year old Brian Sullivan from Chili, NY in 2007 and Brittanee's disappearance from Myrtle Beach in 2009. I know the T's seem to be the primary suspects in Brittanee's disappearance, but I have read some theories that the "friends" from NY may have had some involvement. Could Brian have known/hung out with those same friends?
Is it just a horrible coincidence? I hope someday both these families will have answers!

http://13wham.com/news/top-stories/police-have-person-of-interest-in-brian-sullivan-disappearance

IMO, unrelated.

Thanks Lindsay. I feel that if anyone would know, it would be you!

Just a few questions for those who are closer to the case: (1) What is the theory on the motive for the abduction and murder? Was it sexual assault, trafficking/prostitution ring, or related to drugs or something else? (2) Is there any direct or indirect relationship between the people/friends Brittanee traveled to Myrtle with, and the person or group of people that are suspected of taking her?

Just a few questions for those who are closer to the case: (1) What is the theory on the motive for the abduction and murder? Was it sexual assault, trafficking/prostitution ring, or related to drugs or something else? (2) Is there any direct or indirect relationship between the people/friends Brittanee traveled to Myrtle with, and the person or group of people that are suspected of taking her?

All below IMO.

1. Sexual motive. I believe she was used as "payment" for drugs, but only within a very small circle of guys.

2. IMO, most likely zero connection.

Again, my opinion only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All below IMO.

1. Sexual motive. I believe she was used as "payment" for drugs, but only within a very small circle of guys.

Again, my opinion only.

Pretty plausible theory, IMO. The T's are rumored to dabble pretty heavily in the drug scene. McVl to Myrtle is not a long drive. I'm sure they drove up planning to snatch a young girl off the street. I've never personally believed Britt got into a car full of strangers. Especially strangers of this character and caliber. I think they lurked around those parking garages near the Bluewater and grabbed her.

Pretty plausible theory, IMO. The T's are rumored to dabble pretty heavily in the drug scene. McVl to Myrtle is not a long drive. I'm sure they drove up planning to snatch a young girl off the street. I've never personally believed Britt got into a car full of strangers. Especially strangers of this character and caliber. I think they lurked around those parking garages near the Bluewater and grabbed her.

I actually just spent 5 days down at MB this past week. We stayed just a few minutes down the boardwalk, around 5th and Ocean, from where B was staying and last seen. I was reading about how the boardwalk was officially completed and opened in 2010. It was so crowded but there were definitely areas across from our hotel that I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around at night by myself. I was wondering if there was a lot of construction in 2009 when she was there? Could that have maybe made it easier for someone to grab her? I've followed her case since the beginning and it's always kind of blown my mind how she disappeared. I had always been under the assumption that she willingly got into a car because I couldn't understand how someone could just grab her in such a populated area. We were literally shoulder to shoulder in some places. However, maybe the construction made it less populated and easier for it to be a crime of opportunity.

I actually just spent 5 days down at MB this past week. We stayed just a few minutes down the boardwalk, around 5th and Ocean, from where B was staying and last seen. I was reading about how the boardwalk was officially completed and opened in 2010. It was so crowded but there were definitely areas across from our hotel that I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around at night by myself. I was wondering if there was a lot of construction in 2009 when she was there? Could that have maybe made it easier for someone to grab her? I've followed her case since the beginning and it's always kind of blown my mind how she disappeared. I had always been under the assumption that she willingly got into a car because I couldn't understand how someone could just grab her in such a populated area. We were literally shoulder to shoulder in some places. However, maybe the construction made it less populated and easier for it to be a crime of opportunity.

Personally, I just do not think she got into a car with the kind of people we are thinking are responsible for this. I can see them pulling her off the street near one of those parking garages. I think there would have been less people walking down by them.

Good morning all. It's the start of a brand new week. Hopefully someone provides answers LE needs to make their arrests this week.

I know I've already touched on most of these posts, but it's so difficult to type much substance from my phone. I wanted to revisit the topics now that I'm at work on my computer.

Thanks Lindsay. I feel that if anyone would know, it would be you!

Aww, thank you IDK. That's actually pretty flattering. I can sit here all day and toss theories back and forth with everyone but at the end of the day I have a theory developed in my mind that, given all the info I've absorbed over the years, just seems the most likely. I remember early on we did touch on the disappearance of Brian Sullivan. It is coincidental that the small town of Chili that they have two missing persons cases. My most probable theory does not involve the Rochester crowd and for that reason I don't see these two cases being connected.

All below IMO.

Again, my opinion only.

Just to further elaborate on the motive I mentioned. I suppose it could be a form of trafficking if I phrase it that way but I don't think it is what we commonly think of when we think of trafficking. For me, I think of the scared girl passed off at truck stops, carried across country, etc. I think B stayed in the McClellanville/Santee community. She may have gone to different locations or they may have come to her -- I'm not sure. But I'm sure she was offered up sexually as payment for drugs and possibly other things. I think all the guys were known to each other and may very well be members of the same family, gang, or at the very least friends/associates of each other.

Yes. I think they went up looking for a girl to take. B fit the profile of who they wanted physically. I do not think they had seen her or associated with her before and I do not think they knew she would be walking there. We know, based on RM case, that these guys M.O. is to snatch a girl off the street using multiple guys + a getaway driver. Sure, TST was "proven" not to be in MB at the time, but I still believe 99% he knows the guys who did this and that RM was to be taken in the same way that B was.

I appreciate this information -- that there may have been construction going on at the time. How close is this boardwalk to the Blue Water? Could there have been guys working in the area that lived out of town (Georgetown/Charleston counties?). Did these construction workers have vans? I know what I said above and that these questions conflict with my theory. I'm not so set on my theory that I refuse to entertain others.

Lastly, I'm sure it's just me, but I have had difficulty locating a photo of RKT. I believe I've seen one in years past. I did find one though in a video posted on thread 13. It is a still from a video. Here is a link to video: http://today24news.com/breaking/brittanee-drexel-missing-case-updates-055248

Mods, if it's against TOS to post this image, please remove it but please leave my thoughts above. It took a while to type them all out. Thanks.

RKT.jpg

Agree except I don't thing they were planning to grab a girl. They just saw the opportunity and took it.

OT I am posting this just as an FYI. This is a good example of how quickly Britt could have been abducted in MB. This woman was shot in the head and dumped in the K&W parking lot in NMB. Locals, are any of the MB stations reporting on this? Do any of these POIs resemble any of the Ts?

http://wncn.com/2016/07/10/nc-woman-shot-and-killed-at-kw-cafeteria-in-north-myrtle-beach/
http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20160710/brunswick-woman-shot-to-death-in-north-myrtle-beach
http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20160710/brunswick-woman-shot-to-death-in-north-myrtle-beach

Back on topic: I vaguely recall talk about some construction going on at the time Britt disappeared. The convicted felon from CA who was a poi was allegedly working some type of construction or something near where Britt disappeared. IIRC. LLLindsayy, keep your eyes out for this discussion as you continue your quest going back thru the threads. Thanks much for all you do!

OT I am posting this just as an FYI. This is a good example of how quickly Britt could have been abducted in MB. This woman was shot in the head and dumped in the K&W parking lot in NMB. Locals, are any of the MB stations reporting on this? Do any of these POIs resemble any of the Ts?

http://wncn.com/2016/07/10/nc-woman-shot-and-killed-at-kw-cafeteria-in-north-myrtle-beach/

Back on topic: I vaguely recall talk about some construction going on at the time Britt disappeared. The convicted felon from CA who was a poi was allegedly working some type of construction or something near where Britt disappeared. IIRC. LLLindsayy, keep your eyes out for this discussion as you continue your quest going back thru the threads. Thanks much for all you do!

Will do.

This shooting in NMB is downright scary. Apparently they did not care who was around. Read comment by an ML on this public release of information via NMB Dept. of Public Safety. Interesting to say the least.

https://www.facebook.com/North-Myrtle-Beach-Department-of-Public-Safety-755635344449042/?fref=nf

:gasp: My next post was to ask locals to BOLO for burned out vehicle from NMB to Charleston since burned vehicles seem to be a common thread in two other cases possibly connected to Britt's. This victim was originally from CLT. I wonder if her DL still had a CLT address and did the vehicle belong to the perps or the victim.

Thread 13 post #285. The 1st time LE mentions they may be looking at a bigger group of people than the 3-4 POIs previously thought.

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 8:21 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 28, 2010 6:30 PM EDT

BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Myrtle Beach Police investigators are releasing new information in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel, saying that they are looking at even more people who may have been involved.

Captain of Investigations, Joe Vella, says the number keeps growing.

"There's a couple more we're looking at now," Captain Vella explained. "One will lead to another to another to another, so we know that during the experiences of investigations, it's going to lead to you know, several more at some point, and they'll be people that will be questioned."

Captain Vella says they are just one good lead away from making an arrest.

"One more [person of interest] could break the case," Captain Vella explained.

A team of investigators has been working on this case, some of them even wear "Help Find Brittanee" bracelets. They say they have to be tight-lipped about it all, because it is an active investigation, but Detective Vincent Dorio says they are getting closer.

"I think in the end, they'll be several arrests, but it's going to start with one, and then the domino effect will occur and one right after another, people will start talking," Detective Dorio said.

However, there could be yet another part to this story - an attempted abduction in the same area of Ocean Boulevard where Drexel was last seen.

In July, 20 year old Randa Massey was walking alone along Ocean Boulevard, when police say men in a blue van pulled up, grabbed her, and tried to take her.

Days later, Shaun Taylor of McClellanville turned himself in to police.

Taylor is facing attempted kidnapping charges and is out on bond. Investigators say they've compared this case and the Drexel case closely - to see if there are any similarities.

For the first time, investigators are revealing that Taylor is also a person of interest in the Drexel disappearance.

Captain Vella says even though Taylor is a person of interest in the case, it doesn't mean the cases are directly related.

"We have no idea what happened to Brittanee so we can't connect that to say that's how it happened to say that somebody, you know, jumped out of a van and grabbed her, we don't have anything that says that, in this case we know what happened," Captain Vella explained.

A task force has now been formed across several law enforcement agencies to work to solve this case.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/134001...-disappearance

Thread 13 post #317 (MBLover - November 2010). First post that mentions attempted abduction charges dropped against TST: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...rexel-17-Myrtle-Beach-25-April-2009-13/page22

Follow up discussion ensues. Here's one link I can find that still works: http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13440...s-against-man-accused-of-attempted-kidnapping

Post #322. I'm called B.S. on this. For one, CD was interviewed following 6/8/2016 presser and gave a pretty (IMO) knowing smirk when TST name and RM attempted abduction were mentioned:

There is not a connection between the two cases, Myrtle Beach police Capt. David Knipes said. Investigators who are working on Drexel's case had been involved in the recent attempted kidnapping case.

"I'm not really shocked because I wasn't thinking he had anything to do with Brittanee's case," said Brittanee's mother, Dawn Drexel, about the charges being dropped against Taylor.

Dawn Drexel said Wednesday that everyone thought it was more of a coincidence that the recent attempted Kidnapping occurred in the same area where Brittanee was last seen.

"I hope they find the person that tried to abduct [the woman] because it could possibly link to where Brittanee is and any other girls in South Carolina who are missing," Dawn Drexel said.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/11/03...#ixzz14GllBdpL

Was family encouraged to divert attention away from TST? And for what reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!