Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still, at this time can not rule out that BD wasn't set up to be alone and walking away from the hotel where the males were staying. She could have been sold to these savages and manipulated into being in that particular area at just the right time. I truly hope that 'all' is brought to light. Hoping that I'm convinced later on that it was just happenstance that she was alone and in the wrong place at the wrong time but it just seems way too convenient right now.

I still, at this time can not rule out that BD wasn't set up to be alone and walking away from the hotel where the males were staying. She could have been sold to these savages and manipulated into being in that particular area at just the right time. I truly hope that 'all' is brought to light. Hoping that I'm convinced later on that it was just happenstance that she was alone and in the wrong place at the wrong time but it just seems way too convenient right now.

I go back and forth in my mind about this part. Seems like it would've taken a fair amount of coordination and communication, and, as many others have mentioned previously, PB (and the rest of the boys in the hotel room)/PO/JO/AL don't seem remotely bright enough to pull it off and all remain quiet. That being said, I find it incredibly odd and coincidental that in this case, where a prevailing theory of their involvement had them selling BD to cover a drug transaction, that she appears to have spent the final days of her young life being treated as property by a vile family/gang of drug dealers. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go back and forth in my mind about this part. Seems like it would've taken a fair amount of coordination and communication, and, as many others have mentioned previously, PB (and the rest of the boys in the hotel room)/PO/JO/AL don't seem remotely bright enough to pull it off and all remain quiet. That being said, I find it incredibly odd and coincidental that in this case, where a prevailing theory of their involvement had them selling BD to cover a drug transaction, that she appears to have spent the final days of her young life being treated as property by a vile family/gang of drug dealers. JMHO

Maybe she was used to settle a drug debt one of those said "friends" had with those people. You know that "friend" who was said to have worked in the area?? MOO

Maybe she was used to settle a drug debt one of those said "friends" had with those people. You know that "friend" who was said to have worked in the area?? MOO

This has always been my suspicion.

This has always been my suspicion.

In my mind, it just seems that everything points to that. Why else would one of the alleged men involved be in a picture with all of them? All too big of a coincidence for me

I am always baffled by heavy equipment being brought into cases.

What I don't get is, how do they know where precisely to dig/how deep etc. and not disturb evidence and possible remains?

I know I'm quite late responding to these posts but have been following the news about the searches. The thing that concerns me the most about the potential for finding anything of significance is (in addition to the amount of time that has passed since Brittanee's disappearance) the fact that this area has seen two severe weather events in the last two consecutive years, both of which caused massive flooding and could have unearthed whatever they may be hoping to find. Georgetown has always been notoriously unequipped to handle massive amounts of rainfall and I can only imagine what that particular area looked like during and after the "thousand year flood" of October 2015. The rainfall from that storm system unearthed civil war artifacts, for Pete's sake. I certainly hope that whatever they may have been searching for was still attainable but it does concern me.

This is a photo showing how devastating Georgetown County looked after the floods came:

9bf5dc42e8c18072c512dd024ab09a63.jpg

I know I'm quite late responding to these posts but have been following the news about the searches. The thing that concerns me the most about the potential for finding anything of significance is (in addition to the amount of time that has passed since Brittanee's disappearance) the fact that this area has seen two severe weather events in the last two consecutive years, both of which caused massive flooding and could have unearthed whatever they may be hoping to find. Georgetown has always been notoriously unequipped to handle massive amounts of rainfall and I can only imagine what that particular area looked like during and after the "thousand year flood" of October 2015. The rainfall from that storm system unearthed civil war artifacts, for Pete's sake. I certainly hope that whatever they may have been searching for was still attainable but it does concern me.

This is a photo showing how devastating Georgetown County looked after the floods came:

9bf5dc42e8c18072c512dd024ab09a63.jpg

I'd wondered what that storm system may have revealed.

I lived in Columbia for a few years, off of Forest Drive (Forest Acres area, one property close to Arcadia lakes, the other near to Forest and Beltline). The images I've seen of the storm and its aftermath are downright shocking, however at the same time I'd wondered when I lived there how those man made dams and whatnot would hold up against a real, honest-to-goodness storm. That area has been developed only in the last 50 years. Additionally, the Midlands are notoriously sandy.

I'd wondered about the Low Country and how the same storm system affected it.

My hunch is LE are very close to not only solving this case, but bringing to justice those responsible.

In my mind, it just seems that everything points to that. Why else would one of the alleged men involved be in a picture with all of them? All too big of a coincidence for me

Just to clarify, who is the alleged man you're referring to? And where is this picture?
I know of no such photo.
Thanks

Here is a small timeframe summary of Brittanee Drexel's disappearance from April 25, 2009. I hope it helps others who look at her case. I know the timeframe may be off some, but this is to give a general idea about her case.

On the night of April 25, 2009, Brittanee Drexel passes the traffic camera on Ocean Blvd in Myrtle Beach, SC at 8:15pm. The police say from the traffic camera to the hotel she was headed(Peter's hotel) takes about 15 minutes. So she arrived at Peter's hotel at about 8:30pm. She stayed for about 15 minutes and left according to police at 8:48pm when she passes the hotel security camera doors leaving. According to police she should pass the traffic camera going back to her hotel at around 9:03 pm. At 8:58pm she sends her final text to her boyfriend telling him she is going to just get packed and probably head to bed. So basically Brittanee Drexel disappeared between 8:58 and 9:03 pm.

Since her and the boyfriend constantly text every 10 minutes, when the texts stop coming he starts texting her at 9:15pm asking what is going on. After about an hour he texts her that he is going to contact her parents if she does not text him back. When she does not contact him back he contacts her parents probably around 10:15pm. At first when her mom calls her it rings and rings before eventually the calls start to go directly to voicemail. What is kind of strange is that if the kidnapper saw the phone and read the message he could have replied giving the impression everything is ok. He could have wrote "I am going to go to bed now. Talk to you later" and the boyfriend probably would not have been so alarmed to contact her parents who then contacted police.

The assumption here is that police did not find flip flops, her phone, bag, or get contacted from any witnesses who might have seen what happened to her on Ocean Blvd between 8:58 and 9:03 pm.

In fact the only clue that I could even come up with in this case is that Brittanee Drexel was probably not going to bed when she texted her boyfriend at 8:58pm. The reason is because she was only there for 2 days and because of the video shot by a guy she met the night before. The time stamp has it at 11:45 pm on April 24th when he is videotaping her. So if she is still up at 11:45 pm the previous night I find it hard to believe she could just fall asleep so early the next night especially if she is a passenger who is able to go to sleep on the way home.

The boyfriend said that when she started to feel alienated from the group she did things herself. So what restaurant did she go to by herself? I think if someone knows they have some time to waste they are probably either going to get something to eat or drink, get a movie or book, something to pass the time. So in that 5 minute window on Ocean Blvd is there any place she might have gone into or stopped by?

In this case there are not many guesses you can make because she literally vanishes without a trace. Missing persons cases with no body are so difficult because until you have a body you cannot eliminate any sort of possibility as to where the person went or what happened to them. Then you have witnesses who may or may not be telling the truth. According to the jailhouse witness Brittanee Drexel was taken to a stash house where she was killed and her body fed to alligators.

I still think her cell phone is probably the best clue in the case. Maybe she dropped it? When you think about a forced abduction, it always seemed unique that she did not drop the cell phone during the struggle or use it to defend herself. Even if she got into a car willingly, you would think it would be a vehicle going in the same direction as she is walking. But that is what makes these missing persons cases so unique. You have a lot of questions, but not a lot of answers.

Here is a small timeframe summary of Brittanee Drexel's disappearance from April 25, 2009. I hope it helps others who look at her case. I know the timeframe may be off some, but this is to give a general idea about her case.

On the night of April 25, 2009, Brittanee Drexel passes the traffic camera on Ocean Blvd in Myrtle Beach, SC at 8:15pm. The police say from the traffic camera to the hotel she was headed(Peter's hotel) takes about 15 minutes. So she arrived at Peter's hotel at about 8:30pm. She stayed for about 15 minutes and left according to police at 8:48pm when she passes the hotel security camera doors leaving. According to police she should pass the traffic camera going back to her hotel at around 9:03 pm. At 8:58pm she sends her final text to her boyfriend telling him she is going to just get packed and probably head to bed. So basically Brittanee Drexel disappeared between 8:58 and 9:03 pm.

Since her and the boyfriend constantly text every 10 minutes, when the texts stop coming he starts texting her at 9:15pm asking what is going on. After about an hour he texts her that he is going to contact her parents if she does not text him back. When she does not contact him back he contacts her parents probably around 10:15pm. At first when her mom calls her it rings and rings before eventually the calls start to go directly to voicemail. What is kind of strange is that if the kidnapper saw the phone and read the message he could have replied giving the impression everything is ok. He could have wrote "I am going to go to bed now. Talk to you later" and the boyfriend probably would not have been so alarmed to contact her parents who then contacted police.

The assumption here is that police did not find flip flops, her phone, bag, or get contacted from any witnesses who might have seen what happened to her on Ocean Blvd between 8:58 and 9:03 pm.

In fact the only clue that I could even come up with in this case is that Brittanee Drexel was probably not going to bed when she texted her boyfriend at 8:58pm. The reason is because she was only there for 2 days and because of the video shot by a guy she met the night before. The time stamp has it at 11:45 pm on April 24th when he is videotaping her. So if she is still up at 11:45 pm the previous night I find it hard to believe she could just fall asleep so early the next night especially if she is a passenger who is able to go to sleep on the way home.

The boyfriend said that when she started to feel alienated from the group she did things herself. So what restaurant did she go to by herself? I think if someone knows they have some time to waste they are probably either going to get something to eat or drink, get a movie or book, something to pass the time. So in that 5 minute window on Ocean Blvd is there any place she might have gone into or stopped by?

In this case there are not many guesses you can make because she literally vanishes without a trace. Missing persons cases with no body are so difficult because until you have a body you cannot eliminate any sort of possibility as to where the person went or what happened to them. Then you have witnesses who may or may not be telling the truth. According to the jailhouse witness Brittanee Drexel was taken to a stash house where she was killed and her body fed to alligators.

I still think her cell phone is probably the best clue in the case. Maybe she dropped it? When you think about a forced abduction, it always seemed unique that she did not drop the cell phone during the struggle or use it to defend herself. Even if she got into a car willingly, you would think it would be a vehicle going in the same direction as she is walking. But that is what makes these missing persons cases so unique. You have a lot of questions, but not a lot of answers.
I would have to sift through all the posts to find it, but there is an article about another girl who almost got abducted. There was a van in the same area Britanee disappeared that drove by and a man or men grabbed this girl's arm, but she got away, and her description matched Taylor's description. I see a girl isolated, walking alone down the street distracted by texting with her boyfriend, not completely aware of her surroundings. A girl like this would be a likely target for these type of predator/trafficer. Moo, but I think they grabbed her and she wasn't able to respond quickly enough because it happened before she realized what was happening.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I would have to sift through all the posts to find it, but there is an article about another girl who almost got abducted. There was a van in the same area Britanee disappeared that drove by and a man or men grabbed this girl's arm, but she got away, and her description matched Taylor's description. I see a girl isolated, walking alone down the street distracted by texting with her boyfriend, not completely aware of her surroundings. A girl like this would be a likely target for these type of predator/trafficer. Moo, but I think they grabbed her and she wasn't able to respond quickly enough because it happened before she realized what was happening.

From somequestions post upthread:

At 8:58pm she sends her final text to her boyfriend telling him she is going to just get packed and probably head to bed.

Is there a possibility she was abducted before the text was sent? Perhaps one of the abductors sent the text.

Her name is Randa Massey. Google her, there are several articles about the attempted abduction. HTH

From somequestions post upthread:

Is there a possibility she was abducted before the text was sent? Perhaps one of the abductors sent the text.

That's what I think. I don't think Brittanee made it past the next parking garage when she was abducted. I also think she was lured in by someone who called her name. Just a hunch. I am not good at those virtual maps but would love if someone could map Brittanee's street route from the guys' hotel to the girls hotel. 5 minutes is not a very long time and I'd like to see what is along her route. Thanks

Here is the thing with the so-called abduction. We know BD was walking and texting. So if she was abducted she would have had her phone in hand. Are we to believe the abductors took her and kept her phone on while they travelled directly home?

It is my contention, especially after hearing how the FBI worded it, that BD was not abducted in Myrtle Beach. She went somewhere willingly. JMO

My problem with the abduction theory is that her phone last pinged I believe in Georgetown. Anyone who even watches TV knows you have to disable the phone, remove the battery, or just throw it out the window.
I'm thinking something like her group of friends had met up with these local boys, maybe to get some vacation drugs or whatever, and BD met them that way. Then maybe when she was leaving the Bluewater, someone offered to give her a ride back to her hotel and she got in the car because she felt she 'knew' them.
If her friend(s) knew she got in the car with them, that may be why they act so off about the whole thing. They don't want to get in trouble or be involved or get some heat coming down on them.
I thought there was no video image of her on the street going back, so??
Or maybe the guy asked her if she wanted to go to a party with him, or see some local sites or whatever.
If she was snatched off the street, it almost had to be more than one person to make it happen quickly, and I think the first thing they would have done in the back of a van would be to take her phone.
JMO

That's what I think. I don't think Brittanee made it past the next parking garage when she was abducted. I also think she was lured in by someone who called her name. Just a hunch. I am not good at those virtual maps but would love if someone could map Brittanee's street route from the guys' hotel to the girls hotel. 5 minutes is not a very long time and I'd like to see what is along her route. Thanks

https://www.bing.com/maps?&ty=18&q=...791x13509459~&cp=33.66938~-78.905457&v=2&sV=1

it's 1.4 miles, one hotel after the other. Most have a parking garage with entrance out front, except the much older places still have parking lots. Lots of landscaping too.

Sorry, that link didn't work the way I was seeing it online.

I think it is very possible that Britt willingly got into a vehicle with an 'aquantaince'. I also think that it is possible she had her phone on vibrate from when she was at the guys hotel room and it was in her purse when she allegedly would have gotten into the van and whoever had her wasn't even aware of it's existence until later. especially if loud music was playing in the vehicle. I don't recall seeing Britt with her phone in her hand when she left the hotel. Y'all forgive my rambling theory, I am still trying to rectify in my mind how Britanee just disappeared from the face of the earth in such a short time span without anybody noticing anything.

I think it is very possible that Britt willingly got into a vehicle with an 'aquantaince'. I also think that it is possible she had her phone on vibrate from when she was at the guys hotel room and it was in her purse when she allegedly would have gotten into the van and whoever had her wasn't even aware of it's existence until later. especially if loud music was playing in the vehicle. I don't recall seeing Britt with her phone in her hand when she left the hotel. Y'all forgive my rambling theory, I am still trying to rectify in my mind how Britanee just disappeared from the face of the earth in such a short time span without anybody noticing anything.

I share your thoughts about Brittanee knowing her abductor. Maybe she was introduced to him in the nightclub while she was there. If her name was called, I can see where she would approach the vehicle and even see her getting into the vehicle with them. I'm still mulling over the possibility that she was set up to be in that location alone at just the right time.

According to this article, PB claimed he and his friends met Brittanee in a nightclub the night before she became missing. I thought that they knew each other already from NY.

ETA: Never mind, I just confirmed that PB knew BD from NY.

I share your thoughts about Brittanee knowing her abductor. Maybe she was introduced to him in the nightclub while she was there. If her name was called, I can see where she would approach the vehicle and even see her getting into the vehicle with them. I'm still mulling over the possibility that she was set up to be in that location alone at just the right time.

Hi lonetraveler! Long time, no see my friend! This is the only way I can figure out that no one saw anything, not a struggle, not a dropped purse or cell phone, sunglasses, flip flops, Nothing! I know Britt was said to be impulsive and trusting but I can't see her getting into a vehicle with a perfect stranger in a strange town. But I can see her responding by walking toward someone who called her name and perhaps getting into a vehicle because she had met the person in MB. I wish I knew if there were cameras in the parking garage at Blue Water or any other hotels she would have walked past. All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1