Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, who is the alleged man you're referring to? And where is this picture?
I know of no such photo.
Thanks

I think you are referring to a group picture of her friends and her online , the one with one African American guy in it , that's not him.

My problem with the abduction theory is that her phone last pinged I believe in Georgetown. Anyone who even watches TV knows you have to disable the phone, remove the battery, or just throw it out the window.
I'm thinking something like her group of friends had met up with these local boys, maybe to get some vacation drugs or whatever, and BD met them that way. Then maybe when she was leaving the Bluewater, someone offered to give her a ride back to her hotel and she got in the car because she felt she 'knew' them.
If her friend(s) knew she got in the car with them, that may be why they act so off about the whole thing. They don't want to get in trouble or be involved or get some heat coming down on them.
I thought there was no video image of her on the street going back, so??
Or maybe the guy asked her if she wanted to go to a party with him, or see some local sites or whatever.
If she was snatched off the street, it almost had to be more than one person to make it happen quickly, and I think the first thing they would have done in the back of a van would be to take her phone.
JMO

But again this was 2009 and we aren't dealing with the brightest bulbs in the pack either , there are quite a few killings that have been solved with cell phone pings , so obviously there are people who DONT know .

Hi lonetraveler! Long time, no see my friend! This is the only way I can figure out that no one saw anything, not a struggle, not a dropped purse or cell phone, sunglasses, flip flops, Nothing! I know Britt was said to be impulsive and trusting but I can't see her getting into a vehicle with a perfect stranger in a strange town. But I can see her responding by walking toward someone who called her name and perhaps getting into a vehicle because she had met the person in MB. I wish I knew if there were cameras in the parking garage at Blue Water or any other hotels she would have walked past. All MOO
The very reason I just can't drop her friends (males and females) from my suspicions. They know exactly who Brittanee met at the night club. I've always wondered how Brittanee got into a nightclub at her age. I suspect PB used his influence to get her in. Something else that sets off my hinky meter is how in hell was PB a club promoter when he wasn't old enough to drink alcohol? He was 20. You have to be 21 to drink in SC. There has been plenty of talk about selling a girl into sex trafficking way before the recent revelation that that is exactly what happened. PB left town in a hurry, forfeited his deposit at 1:00am and lawyered up. Girls did too.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

The very reason I just can't drop her friends (males and females) from my suspicions. They know exactly who Brittanee met at the night club. I've always wondered how Brittanee got into a nightclub at her age. I suspect PB used his influence to get her in. Something else that sets off my hinky meter is how in hell was PB a club promoter when he wasn't old enough to drink alcohol? He was 20. You have to be 21 to drink in SC. There has been plenty of talk about selling a girl into sex trafficking way before the recent revelation that that is exactly what happened. PB left town in a hurry, forfeited his deposit at 1:00am and lawyered up. Girls did too.

I agree, the friends behavior is suspect. PB supposedly had a vip section where he was showing Brittney off in the club but I don't have a link so consider it RUMOR. I wonder if 18 & up year olds are allowed into clubs down there but cannot purchase alcohol?

The girls and PO switched hotels I believe but did not return home in the middle of the night like PB and Co.

I agree, the friends behavior is suspect. PB supposedly had a vip section where he was showing Brittney off in the club but I don't have a link so consider it RUMOR. I wonder if 18 & up year olds are allowed into clubs down there but cannot purchase alcohol?

I realize all the theories of what happened at the moment Brittanee disappeared have been discussed at length here over the years. Even with the progress the FBI and local LE appear to have made in this case over the past year, they seems to lack any concrete information about how she was initially taken. The vague nature of their statements about her "traveling" to the McClellanville area, being held against her will "for at least part of her time" there, and that DT "picked her up in MB" are more likely due to lack of any real evidence of an abduction off the street than actually suggesting she went willingly. We know BD was texting pretty consistently up until she entered the vehicle, at which point that activity ceased entirely. I personally don't think anyone but Brittanee sent texts from her phone that night. If she had her phone in her hand I agree it's likely she would've either dropped it during an abduction, or it would've been taken from her immediately upon entering the vehicle. I also agree with the possibility that if this was carried out by perps in their late teens or early 20's, they may have simply not been aware of the fact her phone could be tracked. I can't see her willingly traveling 50-60 minutes to Georgetown in a car/van with a person or people she barely knew without texting her boyfriend, so I think her horror started the moment she entered the vehicle. I envision her walking along, angry and disappointed that spring break has turned out to be such a bust, texting her boyfriend and venting her frustrations, when the person or people responsible yell to her to lure her closer to them, probably in one of the parking lots close to the resort. She then slips her phone into her bag as she approaches the vehicle. The phone is on vibrate and thus doesn't make a sound. The perps quickly grab her and they don't even think about her phone until they go through her belongings later in Georgetown.

As far Club Kryptonite goes, that place was evidently known for being an underage hot spot, so Brittanee's presence there (even at 17) wouldn't have been too unusual. I would definitely love to know exactly who she talked to that night, and if it was just her with PB in VIP or all of her traveling companions. I personally don't see the whole "showcasing her to buyers in VIP" story being plausible, mostly because I don't see any of the Taylor gang being in a place like that, especially in VIP. They strike me as low level street dealers who hang out with their buddies in these stash houses drinking and doing drugs when they're not dealing. They don't strike me as particularly sophisticated criminals at all. That's not to say I completely discount any of the NY crowd from being involved in her disappearance. It seems the FBI has developed a clear picture of the end and are working on filling in the middle. The beginning of the story may be the last part we get any clarity on. If any of the NY crowd are involved, it won't stay hidden forever.

Sorry for another rambling post...As always, everything I write is JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the thing with the so-called abduction. We know BD was walking and texting. So if she was abducted she would have had her phone in hand. Are we to believe the abductors took her and kept her phone on while they travelled directly home?

It is my contention, especially after hearing how the FBI worded it, that BD was not abducted in Myrtle Beach. She went somewhere willingly. JMO

I think the cell phone issue is an important one to consider. If she was abducted, maybe they weren't all that bright and didn't consider the fact that her phone could be traced. Or maybe she hid the phone but never had an opportunity to use it to call/text for help before they discovered it or the phone died?

My main problem with any theory that involves Brittanee getting into a car willingly is not knowing how the Taylor boys would have accomplished this. If she did go willingly, I just can't connect the dots to the Taylor crew (UNLESS her shady friends are somehow involved). And, I have doubts about how any of that crew she came with could possibly know the Taylors.

I know it's wrong of me to speculate about their lifestyle or group them into a particular stereotype, but I've lived in MB for 12 years and I know their type. Before moving to MB, I grew up in a small, poverty stricken town about 60 miles away that is very similar to McClellanville. In that sense, I'm familiar with the way of life in that community. Those boys aren't the type to hang out inside of Club Kryptonite. Club K attracted a specific type of partygoer, and those Taylor boys weren't it. If they wanted a party scene for picking up chicks or selling dope, they would be headed somewhere much more low key where they would be a lot less visible. They likely hang out in clubs that most people don't even realize IS a club. Like a building out in the middle of nowhere and off the cops radar. One that looks like an old banquet hall or something. If they came to MB to hang out, they would be out strolling up and down Ocean Blvd or holed up partying in a hotel room with friends they trusted. They wouldn't hang out with a group of people they don't know from NY, even if one of them were a club promoter.

All those T boys look mean and sinister on FB because that's also what they look like in real life. Club promoters don't seek out guys who look like trouble to drum up business for the club they're promoting. And, the Ts don't need to go to clubs like Kryptonite to get rid of their drugs. Trust me, they can easily get rid of their supply at homebase, without the unnecessary risk of traveling with it.

I also can't imagine a scenario that could convince Brittanee to get into the car with those guys willingly. I strongly believe they are responsible for whatever may have happened to her, and the only logical explanation for how they managed to do it is thru abduction. IMO, they snatched her up right off the street.

I think the cell phone issue is an important one to consider. If she was abducted, maybe they weren't all that bright and didn't consider the fact that her phone could be traced. Or maybe she hid the phone but never had an opportunity to use it to call/text for help before they discovered it or the phone died?

My main problem with any theory that involves Brittanee getting into a car willingly is not knowing how the Taylor boys would have accomplished this. If she did go willingly, I just can't connect the dots to the Taylor crew (UNLESS her shady friends are somehow involved). And, I have doubts about how any of that crew she came with could possibly know the Taylors.

I know it's wrong of me to speculate about their lifestyle or group them into a particular stereotype, but I've lived in MB for 12 years and I know their type. Before moving to MB, I grew up in a small, poverty stricken town about 60 miles away that is very similar to McClellanville. In that sense, I'm familiar with the way of life in that community. Those boys aren't the type to hang out inside of Club Kryptonite. Club K attracted a specific type of partygoer, and those Taylor boys weren't it. If they wanted a party scene for picking up chicks or selling dope, they would be headed somewhere much more low key where they would be a lot less visible. They likely hang out in clubs that most people don't even realize IS a club. Like a building out in the middle of nowhere and off the cops radar. One that looks like an old banquet hall or something. If they came to MB to hang out, they would be out strolling up and down Ocean Blvd or holed up partying in a hotel room with friends they trusted. They wouldn't hang out with a group of people they don't know from NY, even if one of them were a club promoter.

All those T boys look mean and sinister on FB because that's also what they look like in real life. Club promoters don't seek out guys who look like trouble to drum up business for the club they're promoting. And, the Ts don't need to go to clubs like Kryptonite to get rid of their drugs. Trust me, they can easily get rid of their supply at homebase, without the unnecessary risk of traveling with it.

I also can't imagine a scenario that could convince Brittanee to get into the car with those guys willingly. I strongly believe they are responsible for whatever may have happened to her, and the only logical explanation for how they managed to do it is thru abduction. IMO, they snatched her up right off the street.

I may be misremembering but didn't one of the T's get arrested for shooting somebody outside of a club/bar?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I may be misremembering but didn't one of the T's get arrested for shooting somebody outside of a club/bar?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It's definitely possible, but IDT I'm aware of it. I vaguely remember reading about the arrest of one of the younger T boys from several years ago... it was one who lived in Charleston (the arrest was for a robbery, maybe?)

Also, I didn't mean to imply that those guys don't hang out in bars/clubs anywhere. I just can't picture them hanging around a place like Club Kryptonite. My apologies if I wasn't more clear on that.

I also agree that they may not have initially considered her cell phone simply because they were (and probably still are) not all that bright.

I can't get over the fact that she was texting consistently and then suddenly stopped either. Her boyfriend said that when she suddenly stopped responding to him, he got angry and threatened to tell her mother where she was if she didn't answer him. I can't see Britanee ignoring that if she could get to her phone and wasn't in any sort of danger.

You don't think these guys cruise MB during spring break?

Regardless, i get what you are saying. However, if she was abducted out of MB, how would you explain the FBI saying that she was held against her will for only a portion of the time ?

Regardless, i get what you are saying. However, if she was abducted out of MB, how would you explain the FBI saying that she was held against her will for only a portion of the time ?

Oh, I think that's EXACTLY what they were doing -- cruising the strip -- when they abducted her. I think the FBI may have said that because somebody from that community saw her and interacted with her somewhere in the area. This could have just been someone who worked at the general store or a casual acquaintance who may have seen her with one of the Taylor boys. But... just because someone saw her and spoke with her doesn't necessarily mean that she was there willingly. If they made her go inside a store with them because they didn't trust her to be left in the car by herself, they would have forced her to act like nothing was amiss... like maybe she was a friend or girlfriend of one of the guys. She may have been too afraid to say anything or ask for help to the person who saw/spoke with her. So, because they have people in that community saying they saw her and she didn't appear to be there against her will, they can't definitively rule out that possibility.

LE are loath to state a crime has been committed if they don't have evidence of it, in this case the abduction. They make statements declaring what they know, for example "she traveled to this area". The FBI never stated she went anywhere "willingly" and never stated she was held against her will for "only a portion of the time". I believe they were stating they know she was held against her will, but since they only have a witness for the end of her life, they can't state with certainty that she was also held against her will the rest of the time (although it stands to reason that she was). It's an important distinction to make. I don't believe she was allowed out in any public space after she was taken and the only people who saw her after she was taken were those associated with the Taylors. At least that's my take on it.

I decided to research the club/bar shootings in this area since 2009. Here are the only ones I've found (& I included Google images for a few of them):

2016 - Pure Ultra
club pure ultra.jpg

2015 - Club Levelz
6751306_G.jpg

2014 - G-Spot (in Longs)
g-spot.jpg

2013 - Club 503

2012 - 3rd Avenue Sports Bar
3rd ave.jpg

2011 - Club Groove
club groove.jpg

2010 - Club Plush (also known as Club Toxic)

These clubs were much more likely to attract the Taylor boys than Club Kryptonite would have... but that's JMO.

ETA: I also meant to add that I didn't see any of the Taylors mentioned in these articles.

They are not allowed in. BUT, you can get in with anyone's ID. I've went in with my ID, then my boyfriend take it back outside so my underage friend could use it to get in. Once you're in, you're in. You order drinks. Waitress not checking ID's. It's a party town, they want you to get in because they want your money.
But if anything starts getting ugly, they are also quick to have you removed, cause they also don't want LE to have a reason to visit.
MOO

I need to add, it has been a few years since I partied at MB, so things may be done differently.

I decided to research the club/bar shootings in this area since 2009. Here are the only ones I've found (& I included Google images for a few of them):

2016 - Pure Ultra
View attachment 114352

2015 - Club Levelz
View attachment 114351

2014 - G-Spot (in Longs)
View attachment 114353

2013 - Club 503

2012 - 3rd Avenue Sports Bar
View attachment 114354

2011 - Club Groove
View attachment 114355

2010 - Club Plush (also known as Club Toxic)

These clubs were much more likely to attract the Taylor boys than Club Kryptonite would have... but that's JMO.

ETA: I also meant to add that I didn't see any of the Taylors mentioned in these articles.

Thanks cujenn81. I agree that the t's were probably not the Club K clientel type. The big, popular clubs in MB proper are mostly meat markets which cater to tourists from my memory.

I didn't realize that Britt's walk was 20 blocks. That seems like a long way. http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13546027/crews-search-for-brittanee-drexel-in-charleston-county

She was last seen between 20th Ave and 11th Ave. I sure wish we had the footage from the traffic cam as she was walking to Bluewater. I am curious if she had her phone in hand. She didn't have it out of her purse as she was entering or leaving Bluewater so it makes me wonder if she habitually carried it in purse or hand.

Also is there a bridge connecting N Ocean Blvd to S Ocean Blvd? I think I'm just gonna have to make a day trip to MB some day soon to get a better perspective of these locations.

They are not allowed in. BUT, you can get in with anyone's ID. I've went in with my ID, then my boyfriend take it back outside so my underage friend could use it to get in. Once you're in, you're in. You order drinks. Waitress not checking ID's. It's a party town, they want you to get in because they want your money.
But if anything starts getting ugly, they are also quick to have you removed, cause they also don't want LE to have a reason to visit.
MOO
I need to add, it has been a few years since I partied at MB, so things may be done differently.

Haha! 15 years for me but I imagine things are basically the same.

Thanks cujenn81. I agree that the t's were probably not the Club K clientel type. The big, popular clubs in MB proper are mostly meat markets which cater to tourists from my memory.

I didn't realize that Britt's walk was 20 blocks. That seems like a long way. http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/13546027/crews-search-for-brittanee-drexel-in-charleston-county

She was last seen between 20th Ave and 11th Ave. I sure wish we had the footage from the traffic cam as she was walking to Bluewater. I am curious if she had her phone in hand. She didn't have it out of her purse as she was entering or leaving Bluewater so it makes me wonder if she habitually carried it in purse or hand.

Also is there a bridge connecting N Ocean Blvd to S Ocean Blvd? I think I'm just gonna have to make a day trip to MB some day soon to get a better perspective of these locations.

No bridge! All connected. Bar Harbor is right between 1st N and 1st S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member