Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I have been following this forum for years from Indiana, and I finally decided to create a WS account tonight. This case is one that I think about everyday. It haunts me for some reason. I think it's because Brittanee was only a couple of years younger than me, and I too went to a beach destination for Spring Break when I was 17 without parental supervision. The same exact situation could have happened to me. I long for the day when those who were responsible for this heinous crime are finally brought to justice.

Hey guys. I have been following this forum for years from Indiana, and I finally decided to create a WS account tonight. This case is one that I think about everyday. It haunts me for some reason. I think it's because Brittanee was only a couple of years younger than me, and I too went to a beach destination for Spring Break when I was 17 without parental supervision. The same exact situation could have happened to me. I long for the day when those who were responsible for this heinous crime are finally brought to justice.

Good first post. Welcome to Websleuths! :welcome6:

Welcome aboard.

Methinks many girls / guys have done what you've done. It's just the odidty of life. You made it safely back home, probably with some interesting stories to tell. But unfortunately Brittanee crossed paths with a monster. Sometimes... that's all it takes.

At first I had my doubts over the whole "jailhouse" confession. But it seems like there's more info out there that points to these guys being involved. Even her father believes that her DNA is at the scene (sorry if this was mentioned earlier)

Nothing would make me happier than an arrest in this case.

IMO she was picked up by the Taylors. I hate this case. I hate that people would treat another living creature so poorly.

IMO she was picked up by the Taylors. I hate this case. I hate that people would treat another living creature so poorly.

I think we all believe so too and considering their track record of what they are suspected of , they WILL continue the behavior and will probably do it again , I think Randa Massey is a lucky girl and just like wadding up Brittanee's flyer and throwing it back at her dad, kinda like a "screw you" I think they will continue to snach girls right off the street (which is imo of what happened) I don't see any fear outta that bunch , they have probably gotten away with a lot more than anyone know s JMO

Just checking in for any updates. Has there been any news from the recent search and the men arrested in the same time period, the men who had "not listed" for charges on the info?

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I think the cell phone issue is an important one to consider. If she was abducted, maybe they weren't all that bright and didn't consider the fact that her phone could be traced. Or maybe she hid the phone but never had an opportunity to use it to call/text for help before they discovered it or the phone died?

My main problem with any theory that involves Brittanee getting into a car willingly is not knowing how the Taylor boys would have accomplished this. If she did go willingly, I just can't connect the dots to the Taylor crew (UNLESS her shady friends are somehow involved). And, I have doubts about how any of that crew she came with could possibly know the Taylors.

I know it's wrong of me to speculate about their lifestyle or group them into a particular stereotype, but I've lived in MB for 12 years and I know their type. Before moving to MB, I grew up in a small, poverty stricken town about 60 miles away that is very similar to McClellanville. In that sense, I'm familiar with the way of life in that community. Those boys aren't the type to hang out inside of Club Kryptonite. Club K attracted a specific type of partygoer, and those Taylor boys weren't it. If they wanted a party scene for picking up chicks or selling dope, they would be headed somewhere much more low key where they would be a lot less visible. They likely hang out in clubs that most people don't even realize IS a club. Like a building out in the middle of nowhere and off the cops radar. One that looks like an old banquet hall or something. If they came to MB to hang out, they would be out strolling up and down Ocean Blvd or holed up partying in a hotel room with friends they trusted. They wouldn't hang out with a group of people they don't know from NY, even if one of them were a club promoter.

All those T boys look mean and sinister on FB because that's also what they look like in real life. Club promoters don't seek out guys who look like trouble to drum up business for the club they're promoting. And, the Ts don't need to go to clubs like Kryptonite to get rid of their drugs. Trust me, they can easily get rid of their supply at homebase, without the unnecessary risk of traveling with it.

I also can't imagine a scenario that could convince Brittanee to get into the car with those guys willingly. I strongly believe they are responsible for whatever may have happened to her, and the only logical explanation for how they managed to do it is thru abduction. IMO, they snatched her up right off the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Def see this. I grew up 12 miles outside of MB and most of the people I know are still in that area. Everything you describe about the probability of where and why the T's and their crew would be or not be certain places is spot on.

I do, though, see the possibility of the NY crew knowing them and interacting with them, just not at Club Kryptonite (though not at these more local hangouts either).

This is hard to explain without, like you, sounding like I am stereotyping or making judgements. I am not and I hope I can explain well.
But this is what I have observed over the years: that area is still very much rigidly divided by class and social status, and less so, but still, by race. Many, many people never, ever, ever, venture outside of those divisions. And they don't 'mix' with the tourists or the transplants from other areas. (Example- a very well liked and respected family I know there just sold their beloved family 'forever dream home" to move 2 miles away to a very old neighborhood and cramped home BC they could not stand being around all the "New Jersey people" that had moved to the neighborhood.... )
So in a world like that, I cannot imagine the T's ever knowing the NY crew.

I live in Philly now. And spend a lot of time in the surrounding states/ cities. And yes- class, social, and racial division is everywhere, but it isn't as RIGID here. If you share certain proclivities, you cross lines ( and I mean here anything from you love visiting art museums to you love shooting up heroin. Whatever). That is not the case 80% of the time down there. You find art lovers or heroin lovers within your groups.

All this is to say I can't ever see the T's mixing with BD's "friends" if those friends lived down there. Each group would be inherently suspicious of the other even if they shared certain interests. Mainly BC they come off as being in a different social stratus.

BUT, I can see the NY group not having a clue of such self-segregating habits. I can see a member of the NY crew somehow learning of and seeking out, or somehow being connected to, a T crew member and using that connection for drugs. And I can see the T crew being less suspicious of and more willing to 'deal' with them b/c they were not local. But I only see this interaction happening as a casual street-corner exchange or quick hotel room hook up.

And so I can see BD being used to pay a debt, or being somehow exposed to one of them before, if only enough to facilitate the abduction. I do not think that started at Club K, or at a local's only spot, but I do think it could have happened.

(BTW- please understand- I still love a lot of things about my home-county and still have a lot of friends and family there. Just as I love where I live now. Trust me- there are clear negatives and clear positives to both regions!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She did have a purse, so it's a possibility. Here's a photo of her leaving the Bluewater. You can see her purse.

b5a989c2bf9ed03cc483e8c8a441450c.jpg

It does look like she is carrying something black in her right hand, maybe that is her phone?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just checking in for any updates. Has there been any news from the recent search and the men arrested in the same time period, the men who had "not listed" for charges on the info?

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

They are still locked-up as of April 24th. If you click the link and fill in the booking date as March 24, 2017 you will find all four still in custody by the US Marshals with no charges listed. http://www.gcsheriff.org/bookings.html

8 years :praying:

Another year has passed and Brittanee still hasn't been found. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends today. I will keep the faith that we are one day closer to Brittanne being found and returned to her family. wm

It can't be 8 years? It just can't be. :(

One day, we'll be able to go back in time, right? Go back and change all this.

Whenever I think about this case I always find myself questioning myself like - why did that trip for SB to MB have to come up? Why couldn't she have just stayed home? :( Why do these awful people exist?

We're here now for you Brittanee, we'll be here when you're found and we'll be here when you get the justice you deserve :heartbeat:

I was really hoping LE was waiting until today to announce an arrest or major development. I can't wait for that day to come. I know it will. Sending prayers and love to Brittanee's loved ones on this extremely difficult day.

"Well, once there was always dark. If you ask me, the light’s winning.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member