Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on here or a news article that Brittanee went down with the girls. if there were only 4 girls that went to MB: Brittanee, Jennifer, Lindsay and Alanna.. I think it's pretty safe to say only one, at most 2 vehicle went down.

it's about a 14 hour trip from Rochester to Myrtle Beach, I really can not picture more than 2 vehicles for the girls. Less vehicles=money saved. Less vehicles=more drivers available to take turns driving.

If anyone wants to walk the route, here it is.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...oid=pD8l1OU3oKDKpTQi9NDeyg&cbp=12,226.13,,0,5

When the street view comes up, the hotel just to the left is Bluewater. What you would do is keep looking left until you get turned around and then head straight back up OB.

Thanks. I just did the walk. This is what I noticed. If she was walking on the sidewalk closest to the beach I can't find a place where she could be "snatched" and someone not notice. This is ocean BLVD during spring break at 8:45pm. There are a lot of open parking lots and perhaps someone asked her for help and tried to kidnap her, but again these parking lots are full and people all around. I think that would have been extremely brazen of the kidnapper and I think chances are slim no one would have heard her.

It leads me back to this she had to have known this person at least enough to feel comfortable talking to him or sitting his his car.

My other thought is why doesn't these other parking lot and hotels have video cameras.

Well - what I have pretty much determined is that the two hotels where the other attempts were made are sister properties, and obviously these girls were approached in elevators and hallways. Are there no video cameras in those areas? Who would know that they could attempt such a thing and not be caught on video?

Only an employee of those sister resorts.

Well - what I have pretty much determined is that the two hotels where the other attempts were made are sister properties, and obviously these girls were approached in elevators and hallways. Are there no video cameras in those areas? Who would know that they could attempt such a thing and not be caught on video?

Only an employee of those sister resorts.

Yes! You are right. Sister hotels to the bluewater? WOW. I wonder if any employees live in Georgetown and was maybe getting off work around the time she disappeared?

Did he get a little nervous when the composite was released and decided to back off those resorts and branch out?

No warbuckle, not sister properties to Bluewater - just the two resorts where the girls were on the 12th and 13th are sister resorts, Captains Quarters and Hotel Blue. They are at 7th and 9th Ave. South.

The problem I am having is that is wasn't that late yet so if the driver was going in the wrong direction or didn't take her to the hotel, she would have caught on and tried to escape. She knew she had to get back to the hotel to return the shorts. MB is crowded during this time and there are many stop lights, someone would have seen something

War-you are so on it..........please keep praying.....WAR::

Ya know what distracted...I never thought of it that way...if PB offered a ride and she said no then why would she even ponder for a second to get into the car of a stranger???? Wow..that just kinda hit me...and honestly I dont see someone getting abducted on the strip..I mean someone would HAVE to see it right??? So she probably got into the car of someone she felt comfortable with.....I mean that only makes sense now right? :waitasec: All of course IMO.

See, and I'm so cynical I took his comments about how she had been walking the strip alone a few nites and the "I offered her a ride but she didn't want it" as throwing it out there the idea that she put herself in danger. Kinda like a well you know, she was doing it a few times and I wanted to drive her but she refused so I really am a good guy and she's just a naive kid who put herself in that position kinda thing.

Can you tell I can't shake the feeling these kids know way more than they are telling?

The problem I am having is that is wasn't that late yet so if the driver was going in the wrong direction or didn't take her to the hotel, she would have caught on and tried to escape. She knew she had to get back to the hotel to return the shorts. MB is crowded during this time and there are many stop lights, someone would have seen something

War-you are so on it..........please keep praying.....WAR::

Again, there are NO STOPLIGHTS on Ocean Boulevard between 21st Ave S and where she was headed until you get to 3rd Ave South.

She would have caught on and tried to escape, unless someone drugged her and knocked her out quickly. Chloroform? I mean, I hate to borrow from Casey Anthony, but you have to think of all possibilities.

Can you tell I can't shake the feeling these kids know way more than they are telling?

I understand the way you feel, because of how the kids reacted. But you have to remember they are self-centered little brats. Personally, I think some of them did act weird but it was most likely they were drinking underage, maybe trying some drugs and possible like BD someplace they weren't suppose to be. Now, the whole world knows where they were and what they might have been doing. I think they were just trying to save their own *advertiser censored*.

Remember in college when vice would show up and everyone hauled *ss. I kind get the same feeling from this bunch. They were all doing things illegal and now the cops are involved because of BD.

I just noticed, that if she left the hotel and walk down the street back towards her hotel she would be walking with traffic. So the Perp would have to had turn around to go back towards Georgetown.

Warbuckle, I do remember those college days but the thing I remember too about that is in hauling *ss, my friends and I always had each other's back. So while maybe we didn't care too much what happened to everyone ELSE, we at least were all concerned that each and every of our little group of 6 besties all made it over the fence and away from the cops.

What I'm saying is I don't buy the "we were just acquaintances" crap because of the pictures, the borrowing of the shorts, etc. They seem to be more like friends. That's why I think there is more to it than them just wanting to protect themselves from some underage drinking charges.

I'm not ruling out a local grabbing her by any means but I'm just still getting hink from these kids. More than just they are a bunch of inconsiderate losers with no empathy for BD or her family.

Good point Sleuthymama. But the video doesn't show her walking back past 11th street, nor do her cell phone pings so its believed she never made it that far. So if the girls were to pick her up, my point was they would have been on the other side of the street most likely and had to do a uturn.

I just can't see these girls taking her out on a 30-40 minuete drive down Hwy 17 dropping her off or whatever and then coming back. These girls could not keep a secret to save their lives, someone would talk or slip up.

If she had made it back to the hotel then I would be more focused on the girls, but how many girls are attacked and killed by their group of friends compared to single stalker guys? Not that many.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the BlueWater on the west side of Ocean, not the Atlantic side?

HELP please

All true, warbuckle. You make some incredibly valid points. You've stumped me with the fact that we don't see her make it past 11th street. I need to regroup.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the BlueWater on the west side of Ocean, not the Atlantic side?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like both hotels on each side of the street are called Bluewater. However, if you look at the video provided by the media, the hotel on the east side is the correct hotel. I had to back up and go past it to see the entrance with the blue awning. From what I see the correct hotel is on the ocean side.

If the correct hotel is on the ocean side(e), then she would have walked out of the hotel and gone right in order to move north. If I'm correct, she would have traffic at her back, walking in the same direction as traffic-not against traffic.

please verify SeaNymph

I just noticed, that if she left the hotel and walk down the street back towards her hotel she would be walking with traffic. So the Perp would have to had turn around to go back towards Georgetown.

That is a very important observation war.

I'm not ruling out a local grabbing her by any means but I'm just still getting hink from these kids. More than just they are a bunch of inconsiderate losers with no empathy for BD or her family.

I ponder if LE has pinged their cells, to see if anyone in the group with a cell had theirs pinging in the same area Brittanee's cell last pinged...

I hear you about the hink... something just seems to be off with the group and how they are handling the situation. Even if they weren't close friends, you would think that they would have some sympathy within their selves to show some concern for Brittanee.

Oh, if anyone goes to the Facebook page that was set up for her: someone made a new one that is only accessible through request. That horrible blogger/troll has been spewing his nastiness on the open-the-public page, and while many people have reported the situation to Facebook, it looks like Facebook is doing nothing about it. :( The guy is relentless... he won't stop... so the only way to put a damper on him was to make a new restrictive page for Brittanee.

If the correct hotel is on the ocean side(e), then she would have walked out of the hotel and gone right in order to move north. If I'm correct, she would have traffic at her back, walking in the same direction as traffic-not against traffic.

please verify SeaNymph

Yes, there are at least two buildings/properties associated with Bluewater, possibly three, but I am almost 100% positive the guys were in the oceanfront tower. Just looking at the tower versus the villas, they are much more upscale and would more fit the surroundings of the tape we see of her in and out.

So yes, if you back up and look at the main entrance to the tower, I suspect she exited the main entrance tucked back in there, walked up beside the building along that small walkway and then would have taken an immediate right onto the OB sidewalk heading north with the flow of traffic.

Now to try to orient people better, if someone were heading north, the same direction as her, you only need to take a left onto any one of the avenues, go two short blocks, take another left, and you are on Hwy 17 heading south towards Georgetown.

that seems correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member