Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm saying is I don't buy the "we were just acquaintances" crap because of the pictures, the borrowing of the shorts, etc. They seem to be more like friends.

Sleuthy - In an interview with Brittanee's boyfriend JG very early on he stated something to the effect that the girls she went with were "not friends".. they were "more like acquaintances, girls she met through other friends at partys". B is a junior in HS, these other friends graduated a few years ago. If you have teenage girls you know that most of them are camera happy and never shy away from a photo opp. (My daughter has at least 1,000 photos of her and friends making silly faces) Also, I had noticed and someone else commented here on the forum .. that in a lot of the group shots B is in the back.. like not part of the main group. For me that's what's sad... since she she was younger .. the girls should have treated her more like their little sister and been more protective.. especially since they had to be aware that she was travelling w/out her parents permission.

If the correct hotel is on the ocean side(e), then she would have walked out of the hotel and gone right in order to move north. If I'm correct, she would have traffic at her back, walking in the same direction as traffic-not against traffic.

please verify SeaNymph

yes, that is what I said earlier. The Perp would have had to turn around.

Good point Sleuthymama. But the video doesn't show her walking back past 11th street, nor do her cell phone pings so its believed she never made it that far. So if the girls were to pick her up, my point was they would have been on the other side of the street most likely and had to do a uturn.

I just can't see these girls taking her out on a 30-40 minuete drive down Hwy 17 dropping her off or whatever and then coming back. These girls could not keep a secret to save their lives, someone would talk or slip up.

If she had made it back to the hotel then I would be more focused on the girls, but how many girls are attacked and killed by their group of friends compared to single stalker guys? Not that many.

I agree with you. Here is what I think happened as far as her "friends." Sadly, a lot of girls that age are like that. I'm 23, and some girls are STILL like that. My best friend has a sister the same age as B and these girls are always in a world of their own. Nothing can touch them, whatever they want matters most over everything.

While I think these girls are totally self centered, I'm leaning away from them being the cause of B's disappearing. They may have ADDED to the cause, or influenced, but not sole responsibility of it.

From the way they are acting, and blaming her for ruining their trip, I believe they think she ran away. They probably did have some drama between the group(over guys, clothes, whatever the case may be) and B went to blow off steam. The girls probably think she ran off to prove a point or simply because they weren't getting along. One thing we've heard over and over is that B was very head-strong.

In no way do I blame B if anything has happened to her. I pray nothing has and that she is fine.

There is no excuse for the girls leaving town without her.

Sorry if I'm being paranoid.. but if that is directed at me.. I'm NOT saying there is. My point was that her boyfrined stated they were not friends. Also her parents did not know the girls she went with.

I am stumped. If she got into a car with somone you would think she could have jumped out, or fought the guy. Well, I suppose if he had a gun she might not have fought him. However, it is hard to drive with a gun pointed at someone all the way to Georgetown. LOL, not that I have ever tried. Perhaps there were more than one guy.

respectfully snipped:
Now to try to orient people better, if someone were heading north, the same direction as her, you only need to take a left onto any one of the avenues, go two short blocks, take another left, and you are on Hwy 17 heading south towards Georgetown.

It does appear that would be the FAST track out of town.

The driver could have had the door locks on Safety Lock, therefore she wouldn't be able to unlock her door.

I am stumped. If she got into a car with somone you would think she could have jumped out, or fought the guy. Well, I suppose if he had a gun she might not have fought him. However, it is hard to drive with a gun pointed at someone all the way to Georgetown. LOL, not that I have ever tried. Perhaps there were more than one guy.

Maybe I watch too much crime TV but isn't it feasible if someone had criminal intentions .. they might rig the locks on thier car? Heck, not even rig. Don't a lot of cars have a button to childproof the locks to prevent children from unlocking them?

I watched the video of her walking to the boys hotel and the traffice is coming towards her, so she was walking on the sidewalk closest to the ocean coming to the hotel.

Just an observation for what its worth.

Maybe I watch too much crime TV but isn't it feasible if someone had criminal intentions .. they might rig the locks on thier car? Heck, not even rig. Don't a lot of cars have a button to childproof the locks to prevent children from unlocking them?

Good point.

respectfully snipped:

Right. Well, OB heading south does run back into 17 just a few blocks below Bluewater, so that is another route that would be almost as quick, but again it would probably depend on the direction they were in to begin with. If it's someone coming out of a beach outlet or one of the oceanfront parking garages, it could almost go either way.

Here's an example of cutting down an avenue to Hwy 17. The only one I could find that allowed the map to cut through was 11th S, incidentally the place where the camera captured her going down to Bluewater. Just follow that arrow straight ahead. When you get to the stop sign at Hwy 17, take a left and your on the way to Georgetown.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...panoid=UcweyqnCXsw9fn-rix_T7Q&cbp=12,315,,0,5

Sorry if I'm being paranoid.. but if that is directed at me.. I'm NOT saying there is. My point was that her boyfrined stated they were not friends. Also her parents did not know the girls she went with.

Woot, was NOT directing anything at you. Was agreeing, she should have been treated more nicely by the girls beings she was so young. But then maybe none of those girls have younger sisters where that consideration would have come to mind. It's evident they were only thinking about themselves.

No matter WHAT, there isn't a good enough excuse or justification as to why they left a friend/acquaintance behind.

Sleuthy - In an interview with Brittanee's boyfriend JG very early on he stated something to the effect that the girls she went with were "not friends".. they were "more like acquaintances, girls she met through other friends at partys". B is a junior in HS, these other friends graduated a few years ago. If you have teenage girls you know that most of them are camera happy and never shy away from a photo opp. (My daughter has at least 1,000 photos of her and friends making silly faces) Also, I had noticed and someone else commented here on the forum .. that in a lot of the group shots B is in the back.. like not part of the main group. For me that's what's sad... since she she was younger .. the girls should have treated her more like their little sister and been more protective.. especially since they had to be aware that she was travelling w/out her parents permission.

I hear you woot and I am the step mom to a 16 year old so I know what you are saying. Maybe things have changed significantly since my days in college (I'm 40 so take this for it's worth). My best friends and I shared everything...clothes, money, food.

I don't see inviting or letting someone who is just acquaintance come on a trip with you, especially one who is a bit younger and could hold you back conceivably from doing what you want on Spring Break. And she was staying in their room...makes her part of the group even if she wasn't really a friend. I also know never in a million years would I have let an "acquaintance" borrow my clothes. That privilege was only for my best of friends. I just feel like they had more of a connection than any of them really want to admit. And maybe they are just downplaying it because BD is gone and they want to remove themselves from the whole thing.

Not putting you down or questioning you since you are local...you have more insight than I do.

Just saying it still doesn't sit right with me.

I hear you woot and I am the step mom to a 16 year old so I know what you are saying. Maybe things have changed significantly since my days in college (I'm 40 so take this for it's worth). My best friends and I shared everything...clothes, money, food.

I don't see inviting or letting someone who is just acquaintance come on a trip with you, especially one who is a bit younger and could hold you back conceivably from doing what you want on Spring Break. And she was staying in their room...makes her part of the group even if she wasn't really a friend. I also know never in a million years would I have let an "acquaintance" borrow my clothes. That privilege was only for my best of friends. I just feel like they had more of a connection than any of them really want to admit. And maybe they are just downplaying it because BD is gone and they want to remove themselves from the whole thing.

Not putting you down or questioning you since you are local...you have more insight than I do.

Just saying it still doesn't sit right with me.

Furthermore, I'm sure BD didn't contribute much financially to the gas, room, food, drinks, etc. Who paid for her share? Would you let just an acquaintance go on a trip free of charge when everyone else probably chipped in?

respectfully snipped:

The most logical thing would be that they went straight over to 17 to go south there. However, that part of business 17 is still bumper to bumper traffic at that time of night. Instead of lots of hotels, on that street it is t-shirt shops, restaurants, bars, etc. In traffic, it would still be at least a 20 minute drive from there to the Surfside beach area where there was another cell ping. Then from there to Georgetown at least another 30 + minutes.

However, if they traveled a mile or so further west to get to the freeway route of 17, then the driving time would be less than that.

In order to think fairly about the behavior of these other girls, I have asked myself what would I do if my daughter was there on a trip and one of her friends disappeared. While I can't find any way to excuse any rude comments or thoughtless things said since they got home, I can see that some of the parents may have insisted that their daughters get out of there immediately. They may have believed they could also be in some danger.
Personally, I have relatives in the area who could have been there in less than two hours to get my daughter for me. If that was not a possibility, then my first reaction would have been to say "go back to your hotel and lock the door and I will be there to get you on the first flight that I can get on". THEN we would have BOTH stayed there to answer any questions and help her family for as long as needed!

Wonder if they had divers search the santee river near the cell tower? If this was planned they could have put her in a container with the cell and sunk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member