Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why they moved more south?

It's not that much more south from where they have been.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...329,-79.397507&spn=0.252736,0.615234&t=h&z=11

See the two rivers? Thats North and South Santee Rivers. Just below those where all the green starts is the Francis Marion National Forest. As soon as you go across the South Santee you are entering it. I think the river is basically the Georgetown/Charleston county line.

"A search party is in Francis Marion Forest in Charleston County, as well as the Santee River hoping to find a missing 17-year-old girl."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/story.asp?s=10327696

Pole Yard Landing to Rutledge Road, just over the river into the edge of FMNF is less than 5 miles.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....190145,-79.464798&spn=0.126418,0.307617&z=12

I seem to recall her mother saying they figured she took about $100 with her. Not much for hotel, gas, 3 days in MB.

Pat Brown, criminal profiler, was on one of the talk shows and she said they have specialized profiles on people who abduct girls between the ages of 13-17, around that age. Usually they are two types, either fairly young (early 20's) and local, or slightly older men early to mid 30's, loner types. Does anybody else remember these comments by Pat, I thought they were interesting.

locals:
any idea what the alligator population is like on the Santee Rivers?

Oh my goodness, the FOREST?

Yes. That is honestly some of the most desolate road I have ever driven in my life.

There are little roads off to the sides and maybe some shacks here and there, but it is a national forest - restricted from development. No gas stations. No stores. No housing developments. Nothing but forest.

I would think most people who not go that far off the road to bury a body. The francis Marion is huge.........I just can't believe people can vanish like this and noone saw anything. I am going put GPS chips in my children.

locals:
any idea what the alligator population is like on the Santee Rivers?

A lot.

Also, I heard on one of the reports yesterday locally that they were running into lots of snakes and wild boar.

Yes. That is honestly some of the most desolate road I have ever driven in my life.

There are little roads off to the sides and maybe some shacks here and there, but it is a national forest - restricted from development. No gas stations. No stores. No housing developments. Nothing but forest.

Are the main roads going in closed at night? I was thinking since it was a national forest they would put gates on the main roads in there to keep out people and hunters. What do you think?

A lot.

Also, I heard on one of the reports yesterday locally that they were running into lots of snakes and wild boar.

But you would think there would still be some evidence, like a flip flop or purse.

I seem to recall her mother saying they figured she took about $100 with her. Not much for hotel, gas, 3 days in MB.

Pat Brown, criminal profiler, was on one of the talk shows and she said they have specialized profiles on people who abduct girls between the ages of 13-17, around that age. Usually they are two types, either fairly young (early 20's) and local, or slightly older men early to mid 30's, loner types. Does anybody else remember these comments by Pat, I thought they were interesting.

Didn't see her comments, but I can't see her trusting anyone in the 30's age range much. There is a good possibility that she may have met some locals whom she would have trusted-- through either the JO girl who used to live in the area, or one of the boys (Keith, I believe). Since these kids used to live in the area, they could have met up with some old friends to hang out and could have introduced BD to them early on in the trip. If she saw them again, I would think that she would have thought that she could trust them for a ride or even to go hang out with them at some other location.

Are the main roads going in closed at night? I was thinking since it was a national forest they would put gates on the main roads in there to keep out people and hunters. What do you think?

No - Hwy 17 is the main road through it. Now if there are recreational areas scattered about, like with picnic or clubhouse areas, they may be locked but just riding through, you have trees on your left, trees on your right - no fences that I recall from the last time I was through there. This is a HUGE forest, BTW. Stretches for miles and miles inland.

"Officially designated in 1936, the Francis Marion and Sumter National Forests encompass more than 629,000 acres throughout South Carolina."

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/fms/

Map of public roadways in FMNF (not very enlightening) :

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/fms/forest/maps/documents/FM_MVUM2008.pdf

This is the first I have read about this. I alwasy thought it was the boyfriend who became concerned and called mother, but it appears one of the her "friends" called him first.

"She went with two other girls, and one of the girls called Brittanee's boyfriend John Grieco, 19, in Rochester to tell him they couldn't find her. Grieco called Brittanee's mom

That's not the way I understood it either, warbuckle. I thought the boyfriend called the mom because he was concerned when he didn't get a text back from Brittanee as they texted back and forth constantly.

Great, if it took people 6 months to find caylee and she was down the road, I can't imagine they will ever find this girl. I hope she ran away.

Furthermore, I'm sure BD didn't contribute much financially to the gas, room, food, drinks, etc. Who paid for her share? Would you let just an acquaintance go on a trip free of charge when everyone else probably chipped in?

My understanding is B did have money to spend. She used her money and money her parents had given her to sign up for some sports thing/camp/team, equipment, etc. I know from signing up my kids for that kind of stuff we are talking hundreds of dollars. So B very well could have had plenty of money for herself and pay for a couple of days of rooms, etc.

ETA: think about it, B offering to pay for the trip would have gotten her an invite when she otherwise would have been written off.

I thought she went with three other girls, not two

Also a stranger abduction on Ocean would have been risky. The street and pedestrian traffic was heavy at that time and on that day right?

just curious, is there prostitution along that boulevard or is there a certain area in MB where prostitute tends to hang out?

So, the most likely scenero is that she went off with some teenage boys that were local. I wonder if that is why they were questioning the high school boy at Georgetown? The problem I am having with this is what about returning the shorts. Did she just say WTH I am going partying and I'll return them later?

I thought she went with three other girls, not two

We've seen 3 other girls in the photos. Jenn, Allanna, Lindsay. Lindsay looks to only be in 2? of the pics.

Brittanee's room was occupied by 2 other girls,Jenn & Allanna and a guy named Ugur O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member