Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
almost a straight shot south: (from Wilmington to MB)
77.4 mi – about 1 hour 34 mins
ok ETA: he's been cleared but I'm not sure if a cab may have been involved (first I've seen this story) http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?s=8693502

-------------------
http://www.wect.com/Global/story.asp?S=10260010

LE put him back on the suspect list again. This is after they cleared him. It seems there was evidence sitting on someone's desk, just sitting there and just now has been sent for testing. But, yes, he is the suspect again and he is a cab driver. He has also assaulted women in the past.

There is a thread here on WS. Check it out. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41933&highlight=Foy

hmmmmmmmm......
Here's a thought.
If it's not really her.
Maybe someone has her ATM card. A female using her identity?
.......... IDK ? ?:waitasec:

from http://www.carolinalive.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=299808

Horry County police received a call Thursday morning, about a possible sighting of Brittanee Drexel, the missing 17 year old from Rochester, NY who disappeared while on spring break in Myrtle Beach on April 25th.

Lieutenant Chuck Capp with Myrtle Beach police says when they were notified by Horry County police about the possible sighting, they responded to the Scotchman convenience store at 5200 Socastee Boulevard.

The person who made the sighting reported the girl was petite, blonde with dark hair in the back, used the first name Brittany on a transaction at the store, and was in a burgundy car with New York tags.

Lt. Capp says they have reviewed surveillance tape at the store and have no indication at this time that it's Brittanee Drexel. Capp says they are still getting reports of numerous sightings every day, and they take all of them seriously.

Capp added it appeared the girl seen at the store Thursday morning was in the early stages of pregnancy.
------------
Well, that raised a couple of questions. 1. If she signed her name on a transaction, it pretty much had to be a charge card transaction. Whose name was on the card? The store certainly should have a copy of the receipt? Was Brittanee's the owner of the card? She also could have been wearing one of the tops that are popular today with the high waistlines that look alot like a maternity top. I wish LE would show us the video footage because I think that we could review it and let them know if it is indeed her.

------------
Well, that raised a couple of questions. 1. If she signed her name on a transaction, it pretty much had to be a charge card transaction. Whose name was on the card? The store certainly should have a copy of the receipt? Was Brittanee's the owner of the card? She also could have been wearing one of the tops that are popular today with the high waistlines that look alot like a maternity top. I wish LE would show us the video footage because I think that we could review it and let them know if it is indeed her.

I dunno.. look at all the debate there's been with the security stills from the hotel :crazy:

They just showed a photo of this girl on FOX and it sure looked like her wearing big sunglasses that had slipped down a bit on her nose. It was an OMG moment for sure, and hope now it is her and she is OK.

They just showed a photo of this girl on FOX and it sure looked like her wearing big sunglasses that had slipped down a bit on her nose. It was an OMG moment for sure, and hope now it is her and she is OK.

Do you have a link??

at least whoever called in the tip got a vehicle type and license plate number!!
maybe we will get lucky and the stratus will find its way to the checkpoint on Ocean Blvd. Any local remember when they are going to start the checkpoint on 501?

for those that are unaware: the checkpoints are going on because of a big hoopla over bike week. New laws against bikers were enacted so now the police are trying to enforce them by stopping everyone.

online police scanner :
http://signaramaofmyrtlebeach.com/scanner.aspx

This possible sighting is the first real piece of published news on this case since the beginning.

Let's hope it's really genuine.

Has anyone found a link to the photo yet? I can't wait to see it!

To answer the question about whether a pregnancy would all the sudden start to show... Yes, around 20 weeks, the belly really pops out because of the position of the baby right under the belly button. You can not show at all at 19 weeks and then all the sudden a week later it's obvious you are pregnant. Since a month has gone by, I do think it is possible.

I've checked: scnow, wmbfnews, carolinalive, and 13wham... no pictures yet.
ETA: thesunnews and foxnews

someone out there's gotta have a DVR and camera!

Ok someone answer me this...
If she is a runaway.. at the age of 17 .. as long as she has a safe place to stay (food and shelter) She cant be forced to go home right?
I'm just thinking.. if that is her and she is preg and maybe the person she is with could be the father of the baby.
With all the stuff going on at home she didnt want to add anything more to it. so they took off together. And now she's really not saying anything to her family in fear of getting in a alot of trouble.

Just saying that if it is her and she dont understand that she can call home and say ..look i'm ok, i'm doing fine, but i'm not coming home.
With all the media now scares her even more.
IDK... just trying to think form a young girls mind.

I've been searching for that photo too! Can't find it anywhere! Darn!!!

I've been looking too and haven't been able to find it.

Hi All,

I don't know for sure but I don't think she can be made to return home if she doesn't want to.

My neice says no way she's pregnant by someone unless it is John (her boyfriend). Says it's just not in her nature. Howeveer this is coming from a 16 year old who hasn't had any dealings with BD in about a year. Things change......

If she really is on the run and knows that she has been spotted I think it's more likely that she'll high tail it out of town now.

ETA - I've searched too and can not find the pic or any video clip.

Hi guys, Since reading everything it makes me wonder if she was secretly dating the family "friend" in the military and she ended up pregnant. Maybe because of her age they were keeping it a secret. Didn't he get to SC awful fast too once he found out she was missing? I don't know but something isn't right with that whole situation. Plus didn't he have written on his myspace that he has a secret?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnid