Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She wasn't last seen with a marine. The marine is the one that reported her missing at the request of her mother who was in NY.

Thanks, former Marine here also. A long shot here but Myrtle beach is a weekend pass or leave spot for Marines, one of them. If CID had contact with him they may be able to obtain other helpful information locals may not know. If warranted they may bring in CID, O&I and Naval Intelligence.

I'll say once again from her last ping reported her phone was headed south toward the Charleston area. Also the FBI maybe able to assist in checking records, SS, employment ect. - in case she's a run away. She should also be listed into their missing persons database if it hasn't been done yet. Sorry I haven't followed clse enough, been on another missing person. I have followed partially though.

I am not sure how much JH knows or doesn't know, it was said in one of the articles that she texted him around the same time PB (last to see her) saw her at 8pm.

This would be something for Brittanee's mother to pursue, unfortunately , I don't know how to get ahold of her.

“She sent a text message to one of her friends around 9:15 p.m. and said she was going to see another friend who was staying at another hotel. She never came back,“ Drexel said. “It’s been almost 48 hours, and I’m really worried. We need everyone to be looking out for her.“

“She sent a text message to one of her friends around 9:15 p.m. and said she was going to see another friend who was staying at another hotel. She never came back,“ Drexel said. “It’s been almost 48 hours, and I’m really worried. We need everyone to be looking out for her.“

Yes, and if we knew who the other friend was it may provide some insight. I believe that LE has checked this out, but would her friends that she supposedly texted be able to provide a name to the "friend"?

“She sent a text message to one of her friends around 9:15 p.m. and said she was going to see another friend who was staying at another hotel. She never came back,“

This statement alone is bothersome, because some info out there states she was last seen at around 8pm when she left the boys hotel. JH states that is the last time he heard from her, her boyfriend had contact with her via messaging and then at 9:16pm he texted her and never got a response. It is hard for me to believe that she sent the message at 9:15pm.

This statement alone is bothersome, because some info out there states she was last seen at around 8pm when she left the boys hotel. JH states that is the last time he heard from her, her boyfriend had contact with her via messaging and then at 9:16pm he texted her and never got a response. It is hard for me to believe that she sent the message at 9:15pm.

She left PB's hotel at 8:45PM. MB Police believe something happened within 7 mins of her leaving. However, that text at 9:15PM went to one of her friends down in SC. This would suggest that she was infact OK at 9:15 and goes against what MB Police believe.

This whole entire time we have never once heard about this other friend. We also have not heard who she sent the 9:15PM text too. There were other people from ROC down in MB who went to her very high school.

Someone knows of this other friend, someone knows who she sent the 9:15PM text too. Her friends reported her missing at 9:30PM to Greico. Why? And of those friends who reported her missing was the person who received the 9:15PM text part of that group?

If they want to find out what happened to Brittanee they will break this down to the bone.

I am wondering if something provoked that text message? As in JO or the one who originally texted her due to JO being in the shower. Were they wondering where she was? Should she have reached their hotel by then?

"Another friends hotel" could it be the Motel 8 where the human remains were found. There has been nothing further on this either.

Body discovered, police launch investigation

By Tonya Brown
Monday, July 20, 2009 at 12:59 p.m.

Florence Police are on the scene after a body was found in a field on the Church Street Extension Monday.
A man walking along a railroad track discovered the body around 11:30 a.m.
Investigators haven't identified the person, or said if they suspect foul play. They say the body could have been in the field for several days.
NewsChannel 15 is on the scene. Look for updates on the news at 6, and here on CarolinaLive.com.

Just noting it here.

Thank you Debbie. I haven't stopped thinking about Brittanee since she went missing.

Debbie, do you know how far Florence is from MB? I know it's been so long that Brittanee could be anywhere.

I'm having those mixed emotions like I'm sure most of us do with cases like this. I'd like to have some answers for the family, but at the same time I want to hold onto hope that she's out there and she's safe and alive.

Debbie, do you know how far Florence is from MB? I know it's been so long that Brittanee could be anywhere.

I'm having those mixed emotions like I'm sure most of us do with cases like this. I'd like to have some answers for the family, but at the same time I want to hold onto hope that she's out there and she's safe and alive.

Florence is one and a half hours away from MB. Yes I too, am having those mixed emotions because mainly she has not turned up either way. I know they had the searches in Georgetown county and Charleston county, but I don't know(can't recall) them having a search here in MB.

She left PB's hotel at 8:45PM. MB Police believe something happened within 7 mins of her leaving. However, that text at 9:15PM went to one of her friends down in SC. This would suggest that she was infact OK at 9:15 and goes against what MB Police believe.

This whole entire time we have never once heard about this other friend. We also have not heard who she sent the 9:15PM text too. There were other people from ROC down in MB who went to her very high school.

Someone knows of this other friend, someone knows who she sent the 9:15PM text too. Her friends reported her missing at 9:30PM to Greico. Why? And of those friends who reported her missing was the person who received the 9:15PM text part of that group?

If they want to find out what happened to Brittanee they will break this down to the bone.

Doc you state she left PB's hotel at 8:45 I know that went back and forth with wrong time stamps on the video. I thought this was cleared up that she left his hotel around 8pm. It seems these times are so mixed up where ever you go for info I hope LE has the correct ones.

What about the Lindsay Q groups of girls who were staying (it looked like from pics) at a condo. Maybe these were the friends BD visited.

Body discovered, police launch investigation

By Tonya Brown
Monday, July 20, 2009 at 12:59 p.m.

Florence Police are on the scene after a body was found in a field on the Church Street Extension Monday.
A man walking along a railroad track discovered the body around 11:30 a.m.
Investigators haven't identified the person, or said if they suspect foul play. They say the body could have been in the field for several days.
NewsChannel 15 is on the scene. Look for updates on the news at 6, and here on CarolinaLive.com.

Just noting it here.

I think the several days eliminates BD unless she only was killed recently.

According to scnow.com, the body found is that of a black male and could be natural causes. Autopsy pending at MUSC.

I think the several days eliminates BD unless she only was killed recently.

I originally noted this due to the fact that it is unknown if BD is dead or alive. I wasn't able to hear the news this morning, but my husband did and he said they think it is a man who went missing about 5 months ago.

Doc you state she left PB's hotel at 8:45 I know that went back and forth with wrong time stamps on the video. I thought this was cleared up that she left his hotel around 8pm. It seems these times are so mixed up where ever you go for info I hope LE has the correct ones.

What about the Lindsay Q groups of girls who were staying (it looked like from pics) at a condo. Maybe these were the friends BD visited.

Last I saw MBPD said 8:45 and they said within 7 mins they believe something happened. So its almost like they don't view the 9:15PM text as substance. Also, I can't stress enough the fact that there were many other people from ROC and from her high school in the area. But we have heard of nothing about any of them, even with her saying she was going to another friends hotel.

I just wonder if it has even been looked into. Or have they focused this whole time on trying to get the girls and guys to talk.

We do not know what happened to Brittanee because in my opinion basic fundamental questions have not be answered ala my last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710