Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't personally know Brittanee. I arrived at MB a few hours before she went missing. For the last 5 months I have thought about this young woman - she has never been far from my mind at any time. I still pray that she will return home safe and sound one day to her family and her many friends.

I know most Walmarts around here have flyers for missing children on their bulletin boards at their entrances. I wonder if there is a way to get Walmart to have a flyer put up in all of their stores? Sounds like a huge undertaking, but not sure if the ones they have are just put there by individuals who know the missing children or if some organization puts them up at certain stores. I cannot think of anyone I know who does not go to Walmart on occasion. Any thoughts on this? I was thinking maybe they have some sort of "inter-store email" that could come from their corporate office and could send it out and have every store print it and put it up. Just wondering if it could be a possibility.

It is an organization that places those posters there. I can't think of it at the moment. There is a Walmart down the street from Ocean Blvd. It is the one of Seaboard St. that is listed on the MB police reports with all the shoplifting incidents.

It was said that there are intimate details in Brittanee's case, I believe that was back in July. I am just curious as to why there has been nothing further on her case.

Large scale search for Brittanee Drexel is slated for October 16th, 17th and 18th, 2009 by the CUE Center for Missing Persons, want to help email cuecenter@aol.com

It is an organization that places those posters there. I can't think of it at the moment. There is a Walmart down the street from Ocean Blvd. It is the one of Seaboard St. that is listed on the MB police reports with all the shoplifting incidents.

The organization is the Missing Children's Network. Went to Walmart today and made sure to see who sponsored the bulletin board.

Do you think we could contact them to see if they are planning on putting Brittanee there on those bulletin boards? Thanks for checking to see who sponsored them. Or should we make sure it is okay for us to do that first?

Glad to see people are still looking for Britt

09-099839 9/26/2009 08:33PM N 9TH AV & OAK ST SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES LADY BELIEVES SHE SAW BRITTANY DREXEL SHE
WILL BE WAITING BY THE MEDICAL SQUAD

Yes there does appear to be a month added onto the time she has been missing for sure.

I am wondering if the memorial was held by her biological father's side of the family. I would think perhaps they would do something like that on the anniversary of her disappearance if she has not been located, but not calling it a memorial and I have not heard of doing a memorial for anyone that is missing and you still have hope they will be found alive. I have wondered exactly what is a "poker run" anyway. Never heard of this.

It seems a misprint in the time span she has been missing is in this article.

Also, the way this is worded it seems the family feels she is deceased ; they had a memorial in her memory? Do people do this for people believed to be alive?

Story at link:
http://www.makli.com/brittanee-drexel-007955/

I didn't see anywhere in this article where they called it a memorial, am I missing something? I only saw where they called it an event. This article is poorly written and information is taken from past articles. The event they are speaking of is the one back in August by the CUE center when DD came back to SC she said they launched balloons and it was on a news video the balloon launch. The race was done in Florida by Keri Drexel that was in the paper a couple of weeks ago to raise money for the October search.

Yes there does appear to be a month added onto the time she has been missing for sure.

I am wondering if the memorial was held by her biological father's side of the family. I would think perhaps they would do something like that on the anniversary of her disappearance if she has not been located, but not calling it a memorial and I have not heard of doing a memorial for anyone that is missing and you still have hope they will be found alive. I have wondered exactly what is a "poker run" anyway. Never heard of this.

I'm not sure exactly what poker run is but they just had one in Rochester too where a bunch of amateur drivers who have racers take back roads and race to a finish it is all done legally.

I know what a poker run is...at least where I live. It is done on horseback. You pay a certain amount of money (usually whatever you want to donate) to participate. You ride from station to station along a trail and collect playing cards. I guess the best hand wins. My family had one for my uncle when he got sick. HTH

The poker runs I am familar with are done on Motorcycles, same concept as what Robyn discribes. It is alot of fun.

Yesterday I went back to the beginning of this thread (#6) and began reading. Something else came to my mind while doing this. Keep in mind, I do not know Brittanee or her friends. It seems possible that the thing about the one girl wanting her shorts back could have been a set up code for Brittanee to possibly meet someone. Perhaps it could have been set up with the girls previously for her to meet someone and the reason they got alarmed and contacted the boyfriend to say she was missing so quickly was that she told them if she did not come back right away, it means something has gone wrong. I know we have been through this scenario so many other times with her walking out of the BWR and talked about the girl wanting those shorts back. And yes I know we have discussed just what prompted the girls to send up a red flag so quickly that Brittanee was missing. I am just thinking it would be possible for her to be meeting some person or persons for a purpose the girls were in on and they knew it was a dangerous situation. That could possibly explain even why they moved to another hotel so quickly. They may have been afraid of the person/persons Brittanee was meeting up with that night. I just want those girls to speak out and tell at least whatever they do know. They might hold the missing piece of the puzzle without even knowing it.

I didn't see anywhere in this article where they called it a memorial, am I missing something? I only saw where they called it an event.

From that article: The detectives continued organized searches to find her but with time the story faded. Her case was almost forgotten until August when the family members arranged a service in her memory

Guess it sounds like a memorial service as written in this article, but family were probably not thinking of it that way.

Yesterday I went back to the beginning of this thread (#6) and began reading. Something else came to my mind while doing this. Keep in mind, I do not know Brittanee or her friends. It seems possible that the thing about the one girl wanting her shorts back could have been a set up code for Brittanee to possibly meet someone. Perhaps it could have been set up with the girls previously for her to meet someone and the reason they got alarmed and contacted the boyfriend to say she was missing so quickly was that she told them if she did not come back right away, it means something has gone wrong. I know we have been through this scenario so many other times with her walking out of the BWR and talked about the girl wanting those shorts back. And yes I know we have discussed just what prompted the girls to send up a red flag so quickly that Brittanee was missing. I am just thinking it would be possible for her to be meeting some person or persons for a purpose the girls were in on and they knew it was a dangerous situation. That could possibly explain even why they moved to another hotel so quickly. They may have been afraid of the person/persons Brittanee was meeting up with that night. I just want those girls to speak out and tell at least whatever they do know. They might hold the missing piece of the puzzle without even knowing it.

This is a possibility, a very good one at that. Being that one of those girls had previous ties to the area, Brittanee could have been introduced to someone that this girl knows. I wouldn't rule anything out.

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/detectives_investigate_bones_found_in_conway/78310/This is all that was wonder if more is coming it was on sc.now

Detectives investigate bones found in Conway

CONTINUOUS NEWS DESK STAFF
Published: September 30, 2009

Detectives with the Horry County Police Department spent Wednesday investigating some bones found in Conway.

Lt. Myron Creel with the HCPD says the investigation is going on behind the old Cochran school on Oak Street.

No word on if the bones are human remains, or what led to them being found.

Count on News13 and scnow.com for the latest on this investigation

UPDATE ON STORY

CONTINUOUS NEWS DESK STAFF
Published: September 30, 2009

Detectives with the Horry County Police Department spent Wednesday investigating some bones found in Conway.

Horry County Deputy Coroner Tamara Williard said the bones were found in a wooded area in Conway on Oak Street between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tuesday night.

The bones have been sent to an expert to determine if they are human. Until the bones have been identified as human the investigation is at a stand still, said Williard.

Count on News13 and scnow.com for the latest on this investigation

Is this an error/typo? I bolded underlined Or who found them

REPASTED

Wednesday, Sep. 30, 2009
Bones found in wooded area in Conway
Not clear whether they are human remains
Janelle Frost - jfrost@thesunews.com E-Mail
Authorities are investigating bones that were found Tuesday in Conway.

The bones were found Tuesday evening in a wooded area on Oak Street in Conway, said Horry County Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard. Horry County authorities were notified between 9 and 10 p.m., Willard said.

It is not clear at this time whether the bones are human remains or who found them.

I am a little concerned because of this comment I posted earlier:

http://www.wtsp.com/news/mostpop/sto...1&provider=top

The link is to a story posted a while ago. I found this comment interesting:

"john1o2 wrote:
They need to checking out near Conway, SC. She may have been lured by someone and is near the CCU area."

Why would someone say something so specific? I don't think I've heard anything about a search in this area.

that link isn't working anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member