Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
100+ volunteers expected for Brittanee Drexel search
Thursday, January 07, 2010 at 11:28 p.m.
<snipped>
More than 100 volunteers are scheduled to continue the search this weekend for missing spring breaker Brittanee Drexel who vanished April 25, 2009 from Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach.

The CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, NC, will head up another search in parts of Georgetown and Charleston counties on Saturday and Sunday.

The center's founder, Monica Caison, and Drexel's mom and grandparents arrived in Myrtle Beach Thursday in preparation for this weekend's efforts.

"I'm hoping to find Brittanee," Dawn Drexel said, adding, "It's a new year ... new hope that we will find something or at least have some closure."

Drexel said the holidays were especially difficult for the family, as Christmas day marked eight months since Brittanee's disappearance.

"It was a quiet Christmas for us," Drexel said.

Several thousand acres will be searched in an area in the North Santee Community this weekend.

"We have definitely been looking at this area for a while, and we know that nobody has been there to search yet. It's in the general area of the cell phone, so we definitely have to eliminate all the space that's a priority in the area," said Monica Caison.

A new web site was set up last week where guests can sign a guest book and where tips can also be submitted:
www.helpfindbrittaneedrexel.com

Article:
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=398839
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Search for missing teenager continues
Published: January 9, 2010
Updated: January 10, 2010
<snipped>
large search went on Saturday in Charleston County for missing teen, Brittanee Drexel.

Its been more than 8 months since Drexel disappeared in Myrtle Beach while she was spring break.

Today&#8217;s search went on in the area where Drexel&#8217;s cell phone gave out its last signal on the night of her disappearance back in April.

Search crews and family members came from as far away as New York down to Florida today to try to find any clue that would explain her disappearance.

&#8220;I mean we&#8217;re not going to give up hope; we&#8217;re not giving up,&#8221; said Dawn Drexel, Brittanee&#8217;s mother. &#8220;We can&#8217;t ever give up. You&#8217;ve just got to keep looking.&#8220;

&#8220;We&#8217;re still waiting for them to get the results back on the sunglasses they found, and I&#8217;m sure they&#8217;ll be releasing that once they get that information,&#8220; said Dawn Drexel

Caison said there is about a 20 mile area they are continuing to focus on in Charleston County.

Video Included In Article: Search for missing teenager continues 2:22

Article:
http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca...ng_teen_continues_in_charleston_county/96685/

:angel:

Bumping for Britanee. I saw she was at the end of the first page.

I'm sorry. I can let Britanee get lost again on the second page.

Maybe so - because Keri sent out and posted the link just a couple of days ago.

Probably just keeping Brittanee's name out there. She posts it on her FB profile every couple of days. I do the same.

Depressed to find Britt on the 3rd page :(

Today marks exactly 9 months that she's been missing... let's make this THE month!!!

Praying for you every day.

Are there any locals or "insiders" who have seen her Myrtle beach companions? I would guess, no matter how scummy those kids are, they must be at least CURIOUS and keep up with news and searches. I wonder if some of these false alarms get them rattled...I would LOVE to know how her "friends" behave when news pops up!

In the Morgan Harrington case, LE and CUE reminds people that if they know someone who began acting suspiciously...to report it!

Are there any locals or "insiders" who have seen her Myrtle beach companions? I would guess, no matter how scummy those kids are, they must be at least CURIOUS and keep up with news and searches. I wonder if some of these false alarms get them rattled...I would LOVE to know how her "friends" behave when news pops up!

In the Morgan Harrington case, LE and CUE reminds people that if they know someone who began acting suspiciously...to report it!

Your right that would be good to know.

What the heck is going on with the glasses? I think ithe info is a little overdue.

Way long overdue - Any locals hearing anything about the sunglasses found?

9 months today wow I can't believe that she has not been found. What is with the sunglasses?

Rose - Maybe you can tell us? Are locals still talking about Brittanee? Are billboards still up in the area?

TIA!

Newbie and a local posting here. I am down in Charleston, SC.
There really hasn't been any news since the sunglasses and the last I heard was they are being tested. I do not know about the Myrtle Beach area but I haven't really seen any billboards around Charleston.
Spring break will be here soon and I hope the media brings here story to the front page again. It would be horrible to lose another child during spring break.

Way long overdue - Any locals hearing anything about the sunglasses found?

MBLOVER
seems lids closed on any info going out,,,my info resource out town in training for next 12 weeks so im at a end now

Rose - Maybe you can tell us? Are locals still talking about Brittanee? Are billboards still up in the area?

TIA!

yes billborads still up but no word i havnt heard any news likes gone cold again,i check homepage seems its not been updated ,very odd so im lost on any info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip