Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New site in Drexel search
Local News – April 26, 2010 - 5:00am

South Carolina law enforcement officials have identified a “location of interest” in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel, a South Carolina news station reported this weekend.

WBTW-TV reported Saturday that police had pinpointed another location to search for the 17-year-old junior from Gates Chili High School. A specific location has not been released and investigators could not be reached Sunday night.

Not too much more at link...
http://rocnow.com/article/local-news/20104260328
Last Update: 6:26 am

Story.jpg

Chili, N.Y./Myrtle Beach, S.C. - Sunday, April 25, marked the one year anniversary of Chili teen Brittanee Drexel's disappearance while on a spring break trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Drexel's family and friends took part in a march and vigil Saturday evening, hoping to once again bring attention to the case.

The march began at the Bar Harbor Motel, where Brittanee stayed last year, and ended with a vigil near the Blue Water Resort, where she was last seen.

Investigators and search crews have spent the last year combing an area in Georgetown County -- the last place they were able to track signals from Drexel's cell phone.

More at link...
http://www.13wham.com/mostpopular/story/Vigil-for-Brittanee/sIcLA4PbUEyU4vbFDHD9fg.cspx

This recent news article doesn't seem to say much other than what we already knew. LE has been saying that they have a location of interest since they broke the news about the POIs.

It sounds like this news carrier picked up on the same line that we did. You know, the one about them having a location they think her body might be at.

MD hasn't replied about the usage of the picture yet. I did post it late last night shortly after they returned home to ROC. I'm guessing she went back to school early this morning.

Since I promised to post the video this morning, I'm going to upload it to YouTube with a title that probably wont be searched and provide you with a direct link in a few minutes.

If I hear back from her by tonight I will edit the video and re-upload it with a title that people can find it under.

Expect a link soon.

Solemn anniversary for teen's family
It has been one years since Drexel disappeared

Updated: Monday, 26 Apr 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 26 Apr 2010, 8:30 AM EDT

* Judy Moore
* Posted by: Emily Lenihan

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WIVB) - The family of a missing Rochester area teenager marked a solemn anniversary.

It has been one year since Brittanee Drexel disappeared while on spring break, in Myrtle Beach.

Family and friends held a vigil this past weekend , near the location where the teenager was last seen.

More, including video and photos, at link...
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/local/Solemn-anniversary-for-teens-family

That was so heart touching, you truly did a amazing video, it was so beautiful,,thank you for taking your time to put that together for us here at WS,,, (((( Hugs)))) Gods Blessings for all you do,,i know BD will love this video,as im sure her mom and family will to

AWESOME JOB!!!

LLLindsayy, You did a beautiful job on the video. I am crying again. What a lovely tribute to Brittanee! Thank you.

wm

Thanks so much LLLindsayy. That was beautiful. I especially loved all of the photos of Brittanee and the family, her brother is so precious...and the one with her dog...haha...made me laugh through all of the tears! What an amazing job and a wonderful friend you are!

The Video is beautiful- Great job!

Yesterday while at work I saw the front page with the Candle vigil and march. There was a pic of Britt's mom and her sister and the sister is in tears. I had to fight back the tears.

I knew this 1 year anniversary would be difficult for family, but had no idea it would affect us all here as much as it has. That video you did, Lindsay and the song you chose were 100% perfect. Need to get away now and compose my thoughts because this was so touching and I appreciate all the work you have done as well. It could not have been more beautiful and meaningful as it shows our little BD with family and friends and the song says it all. God bless you and everyone here at WS. It would be good if ALL of the PSOI could be forced to watch and listen to this video and perhaps one or more of them would start telling what they know, although I know that was not the intention, but if any of them could watch it and not be moved to tears and wanting to help the family, then they are not much of a human being.

LLLindsay, that is such a beautiful tribute. Thank you for sharing that with all of us. You are truely a very special person!!

Since I couldn't contribute in any other way, I spent the better part of the weekend looking up every RSO in Georgetown, Horry, and Charleston counties.
Based on many factors, I've found about 10 people who could be possible leads.
I'm not sure how the rules apply to RSO's, so I thought I could just say why this guy is on my 'radar' for now. I'd love to know if there have been any other arrests in their pasts.

1. He's originally from Marion, NY (25 minutes from Rochester, NY). He is 23 years old (just turned 23 this week). He is decent looking and I could see BD getting in a vehicle with him. I could also see him partying in MB at the clubs. He has many friends in MB and in NY, most whom attend the same schools as all of Brittanee's ''friends''. So far, I haven't found a direct link...he isn't FB friends with any of the major players from the spring break trip, but there are a LOT of friends and names, so I could be overlooking some people. His crimes are more 'minor'....sexual misconduct and forcible touching....but they are fairly recent and they were done on two different occasions to teen girls. Both of these incidents happened in NY prior to him moving to MB. He lives in an apartment in MB.

I'm still in the early stages of looking through these people, so I will have to do far more work...but I really want to come back to this case refocused and fully committed. I've spent most of the weekend crying for Brittanee, but I'm going to try to refocus my energies on finding her, on finding her abductors, and on bringing her home.
All IMHO!!

You could be on to something with this RSO - I could see the connection - same HS - area - possibly a do you know x - conversation putting Britt at ease to be willing to get into a car with this new 'friend'.

The video was amazing! I hope it gets a lot of viewing - if for nothing else than making a teenage girl stop and not get in that car or go to that apartment/party with the guy they just met. Or even just one friend say no don't go alone - I will go with - even if they don't want to.

Although the world was a different place 20 years ago when I was 17 - looking at the actions of Britt and her friends I could see my past actions and think... "but for the grace of God" that could have been on of us.

I'm so glad all of you seem to like the video I made :)

KRISTA you always do so much hard work and find so many interesting things for us to look into. Thank you!

With them keeping this new location hush hush, I hope they're at least searching it? From what I have pieced together they have already searched the area somewhat. How are we going to proceed forward with the search? .... they have to know something I don't?

With them keeping this new location hush hush, I hope they're at least searching it? From what I have pieced together they have already searched the area somewhat. How are we going to proceed forward with the search? .... they have to know something I don't?

I think they know A LOT that no one else knows.

There are some interesting posts on Twitter if you spell Brittanee's name "Brittany" and keep her last name. Probably nothing, but interesting nonetheless.

I just got permission from MD to use the photo I really wanted to use at the end. I will be editing the video later on tonight and posting the new version. Please be on the lookout!

I hate to delve into complete rumor, but ONE person on FB stated that there was a 'weird guy' at the vigil for Brittanee. Is that true....has anyone heard if there were any problems with people watching/at the vigil? Here's the link to his comment. Second story down: http://www.facebook.com/#!/posted.p...d=116287421726059&comments=1#s116287421726059
On that same note, there is a photo included in the vigil pictures that kind of creeped me out. It's a pic of the participants marching down Ocean Blvd, but the pic is from inside a tunnel-like area looking UP at the vigil march. Anyone know where that location is on the map? I.E. Did Brittanee have to walk past that tunnel on her way home? Thanks!
ETA: found the photo:
http://media.thesunnews.com/smedia/...el_jbm16.JPG.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME