Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'weird guy'

photo included in the vigil pictures that kind of creeped me out.

looking up every RSO in Georgetown, Horry, and Charleston counties.

I hope I wasn't the weird guy referred to above... I look a little weird, plus I was wearing sunglasses and standing toward the back, and keeping to myself mostly...

Yes, it's creepy as hell... It's an entrance to a parking garage, though I think only 1 level is under the street. There are a couple of these along the way... There was another one that struck me as creepy, there was a bush in front of it too, creating an almost pitch black corner... I will see if I can dig up that pic...

RSO - BRILLIANT idea! If you want me to go check on any of these, let me know.. I'm not sure what I could do other than knock on their door, verify that they still live there, and pehaps stage a "door-to-door" flyer distribution, and see how they act - and record it as well... Pirvate message me, and we'll go from there...

LLLindsay - GREAT job on that tribute! you are very talented, be proud of yourself!

I think they know A LOT that no one else knows.

Oh I agree. But I don't get why they're concealing the new area of interest. I don't see the guys coming forward taking them to the body for the time being, we can hope that happens, but if it doesn't someone will have to search for it. I wonder if they believe if it can be obtained?

Oh I agree. But I don't get why they're concealing the new area of interest. I don't see the guys coming forward taking them to the body for the time being, we can hope that happens, but if it doesn't someone will have to search for it. I wonder if they believe if it can be obtained?

Doc,

I was under the impression that this 'new site' is the 'newish site' we were given a week ago...N Santee area.
The Rochester news article even says that they are using SC news articles as a source. Do you think Rochester News or LE is thinking of a completely different site?
I did a news search, no mention of any new site outside of the Rochester article that LLLindsayy mentioned earlier.
IMHO.

The only reason I can imagine them not stating this is perhaps they are worried that other people will disturb potential evidence that may be there? It seems they would WANT someone to find her. I'm sure there's a reason they are holding out.

I posted before that their statements are very confusing. If they know where she is, why haven't they gone to get her? And if they have tried to go and get her and she's not there, then why is the location still of interest? The only answer I came up with is perhaps the area is broad -- such as "in the river" or "in the forest."

You know what I mean?

ETA: Another option I could think of is a POI saying, "Ya, so and so said he was going to bury her in his back yard," but the talking POI not know where the person lives.

I hope I wasn't the weird guy referred to above... I look a little weird, plus I was wearing sunglasses and standing toward the back, and keeping to myself mostly...

Yes, it's creepy as hell... It's an entrance to a parking garage, though I think only 1 level is under the street. There are a couple of these along the way... There was another one that struck me as creepy, there was a bush in front of it too, creating an almost pitch black corner... I will see if I can dig up that pic...

RSO - BRILLIANT idea! If you want me to go check on any of these, let me know.. I'm not sure what I could do other than knock on their door, verify that they still live there, and pehaps stage a "door-to-door" flyer distribution, and see how they act - and record it as well... Pirvate message me, and we'll go from there..
LLLindsay - GREAT job on that tribute! you are very talented, be proud of yourself!

Yes, I agree Mlatta...As a woman from the northeast who has spent many, many weeks in MB and walked along Ocean Blvd hundreds of times, the alleyways between some of these resorts and hotels, which are very close together, can be very dark and creepy at night...
Underlit, with adjoining areas that someone could easily hide in...Although I can't place this specific one, chances are very high that she walked past several places which are similar on more than one occasion...

And yes, Lindsay...you did do an incredible job...Thank you so much....

Doc,

I was under the impression that this 'new site' is the 'newish site' we were given a week ago...N Santee area.
The Rochester news article even says that they are using SC news articles as a source. Do you think Rochester News or LE is thinking of a completely different site?
I did a news search, no mention of any new site outside of the Rochester article that LLLindsayy mentioned earlier.
IMHO.

No it is probably the same one. They just aren't being specific about it. Dawn said this weekend she learned of the area of interest as well. There are a few articles out there that can make it confusing.

The only reason I can imagine them not stating this is perhaps they are worried that other people will disturb potential evidence that may be there? It seems they would WANT someone to find her. I'm sure there's a reason they are holding out.

I posted before that their statements are very confusing. If they know where she is, why haven't they gone to get her? And if they have tried to go and get her and she's not there, then why is the location still of interest? The only answer I came up with is perhaps the area is broad -- such as "in the river" or "in the forest."

You know what I mean?

ETA: Another option I could think of is a POI saying, "Ya, so and so said he was going to bury her in his back yard," but the talking POI not know where the person lives.

Yes ma'am I know what ya mean and I agree with you. I was actually thinking the river myself. However, if the police are not searching the hot spot then how are we going to get anywhere? This is where I am confused. Unless they simply don't believe it can be recovered? At this point it doesn't matter who finds the body but I couldn't even take a team of guys to search since I don't know where.

I do tend to agree that someone gave them a specific area. I don't think they said "the Santee" or "the forest." Those areas are so broad, I think it is somewhere inbetween, a more specific area but why aren't we hearing of searches is what is confusing me?

The police have to know something futher. They might be hoping the POI's go back to it but it doesn't sound like they need too.

According to CD's FB, B was at MB amusement park Thursday. I don't know if this info is useful to help create a timeline of her vacation and track her locations, but take it FWIW.

Um, can someone please let me know if I can post an RSO in here or not?? I've got 3 RSO's living together in N Charleston right next to a train yard....and one has several firearms charges, one has kidnapping and lynching charges, and I haven't even researched the 3rd one yet. Is that enough to go on, or do I need an actual connection to Brittanee first?

Um, can someone please let me know if I can post an RSO in here or not?? I've got 3 RSO's living together in N Charleston right next to a train yard....and one has several firearms charges, one has kidnapping and lynching charges, and I haven't even researched the 3rd one yet. Is that enough to go on, or do I need an actual connection to Brittanee first?

There you go being perfect again.

I don't know if you are allowed to post this information. Sorry I am no help.

ETA: if you are looking at the right guys, there should be no "direct connection" to find anyway.

Hush, LLLindsayy!!

You know Mlatta won't be saying that when I send him to their door for a 'flyer distribution'.
Joking, Mlatta!! DO NOT go anywhere near this neighborhood!! It looks creepy and very sketchy!!

Here's a version of the new video. It's posted with a title people can actually find now. The only changes I made are to the end where I added one picture.

Share it with every one you know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixj2RZzsKTA

:Justice: :Justice: :Justice:

Maybe if there is a new place of interest other than the Santee River area, it is on private property and LE would need a search warrant to go there to search. I think it is unusual no purse or belongings that she had with her have not turned up somewhere.

There are some interesting posts on Twitter if you spell Brittanee's name "Brittany" and keep her last name. Probably nothing, but interesting nonetheless.

Can you tell me how to access this? I just signed up for Twitter but do not know how to look for this you mentioned in your post. Thanks.

The mother of missing teen Brittanee Drexel calls the past year a living nightmare that won't end.
Hide caption By Graeme Moore
Monday, April 26, 2010 at 6:00 p.m.

Read more: Local, Dawn Drexel, Brittanee Drexel, Missing Spring Breaker, Myrtle Beach

The mother of missing teen Brittanee Drexel calls the past year a living nightmare that won't end.

"It's the most horrible thing you ever want to go through," Dawn Drexel said during a recent interview.

More at link
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?list=195106&id=448770

Hide caption By Graeme Moore
Monday, April 26, 2010 at 6:00 p.m.

Read more: Local, Dawn Drexel, Brittanee Drexel, Missing Spring Breaker, Myrtle Beach

"It's the most horrible thing you ever want to go through," Dawn Drexel said during a recent interview.

More at link
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?list=195106&id=448770

I'm glad DD is finally pushing back on the "haters" out there. This part seems new info. Some of the FB posters started hinting to some of this earlier this year.

This time last year, Brittanee, from Rochester, NY, was juggling a lot with her mom and dad's divorce, boyfriend troubles and even a bout of depression.

Here's a version of the new video. It's posted with a title people can actually find now. The only changes I made are to the end where I added one picture.

Share it with every one you know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixj2RZzsKTA

:Justice: :Justice: :Justice:

I am so proud of you, you did such a good job. I am sure Britt's family and friends will love all the hard work you put into this video (I sure know that I do). Thanks for sending it from all of us that was so sweet. You are a wonderful person. ((huggs))

I hate to delve into complete rumor, but ONE person on FB stated that there was a 'weird guy' at the vigil for Brittanee. Is that true....has anyone heard if there were any problems with people watching/at the vigil? Here's the link to his comment. Second story down: http://www.facebook.com/#!/posted.p...d=116287421726059&comments=1#s116287421726059
On that same note, there is a photo included in the vigil pictures that kind of creeped me out. It's a pic of the participants marching down Ocean Blvd, but the pic is from inside a tunnel-like area looking UP at the vigil march. Anyone know where that location is on the map? I.E. Did Brittanee have to walk past that tunnel on her way home? Thanks!
ETA: found the photo:
http://media.thesunnews.com/smedia/...el_jbm16.JPG.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.jpg

I also noticed that pic and thought it was creepy too, anyone could have been down in one of those tunnels. Poor Britt so many questions and so few answers. I stilll don't understand the press conference that was suppose to be held friday was, I wrong about this or was it intended to be about the playing cards all along? I just assumed that it would be a PC to address where the investigation was currently at after a year or am I wrong on this. I may have just expected too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member