Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're on the same page...

If JG received the text at 9:16PM, that means Brittanee was doing SOMETHING for like 40 minutes after leaving BW.

If JG received the text at 8:16PM, that means the text was sent either immediately after walking out the door of BW, or perhaps while she was still in the room with PB et al ...

Neither of these seem logical to me.

JG seems very adamant about that 9:15/9:16 text time...

I don't see an answer coming to us about this time confusion....

Sucks, but what can we do...?

That put aside, am I missing anything (In my long post) that we would consider pertinant to the case?

I was watching one of the video clips with Nancy Grace, and she said that JG actually called JH in the "middle of the night". In turn JH called DD. That was the first time I had heard that. I had thought JG called DD. Don't know how relevent that is. Yet another frustrating media descrepancy....:banghead:

I think that's an excellent question. I wish we knew the answer.

Nice timeline M, the only thing that jumps out to me is Grieco was the one around 9:16-9:30 who thought something was wrong and triggered it all. How he knew so quickly we will never know, we don't know the dialogue of their text/conversation that night.

It is very frustrating we can't get an exact time when she left, but police did say they believe something happened within 7 mins of her leaving the BW. This seems to support her getting into a car quickly. It would also support I don't know if it was your theory or someone else's about her being able to text until she got to the GC county line when all of a sudden texting stopped.

ITA...that hour difference is the thing that frustrates me most. I have a feeling the timelines are something LE has not clarified for a reason or at least I hope so.

I think we're on the same page...

If JG received the text at 9:16PM, that means Brittanee was doing SOMETHING for like 40 minutes after leaving BW.

If JG received the text at 8:16PM, that means the text was sent either immediately after walking out the door of BW, or perhaps while she was still in the room with PB et al ...

Neither of these seem logical to me.

JG seems very adamant about that 9:15/9:16 text time...

I don't see an answer coming to us about this time confusion....

Sucks, but what can we do...?

That put aside, am I missing anything (In my long post) that we would consider pertinant to the case?

I was watching one of the video clips with Nancy Grace, and she said that JG actually called JH in the "middle of the night". In turn JH called DD. That was the first time I had heard that. I had thought JG called DD. Don't know how relevent that is. Yet another frustrating media descrepancy....:banghead:

You are pretty much spot on Matt as far as I can tell. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but what I meant is what hlnoftry is saying. JG is the one who went over to Dawn's after work and reported her missing. In the timeline it had Jenn reporting at 2AM.

It is extremely frustrating hlnoftry, we will never know if she was texting while walking or texting while in a car. I seem to think it's the latter.

As I read through everyone's well thought out theories and ideas, new questions or possibilities are constantly plaguing my mind. I just wanted to see what any of you thought about the following:

All of the pictures and videos presented of BD portray her as an outgoing, sweet girl who I am sure has cultivated better friendships than the type of "friendships" she had with the girls she went to MB with.

I am just wondering, what or who initiated her thoughts of going to MB in the first place? Why didn't any of her closer friends go and why did she end up going with people she didn't seem to be very close to? Did they ask her to go? Did she find out they were going and asked if she could get a ride with them? Was there some other reason that she wanted to go so badly?

If they asked her to go, I find that particularly strange. If BD posed the question of going with them, what was her motivation? I know it's Spring Break and all, but going with a group of girls that she didn't seem have a close relationship with and none of her close friends or JG just seems odd in itself to me. Could there have been some other reason compelling her to make the trip? Could she have maybe met someone online or something that was going to be there or from the area? Could the search warrant they obtained have been to search a computer?Sorry if that seems like a big rambling question....there are just so many things that run through my head as I read this thread everyday just hoping and praying that her family and friends find answers they are looking for.

~above BBM ~ respectfully~

You might just be on to something here since LE stated the POI's did not know Britt 'directly'.

-Brittanee + 2 other girls from Chili area check into Bar Harbor motel.

I don't know how pertinent you would see this as being, but from what I understand there was at least one, but possibly more, guys staying with them at BH as well. One guy is named PO. Anyone else's name slips my mind right now.

A couple of things:

FWIW, My husband, an IT contractor for the military, clued me in that he **believes** ...

...had no serious priors.Feel free to shoot it down or change it entirely!!
IMHO.

Nice theory, Krista. It could work in a few different ways. I have one question. LE now says they have an "area of interest" where they believe B's body may be. How would your theory address their statement? How would they have gotten this info based on your theory? I'm sure you have a great answer.

--Everyone's ideas regarding the correct timeline make me more confused than the actual reports. I seem to remember that, at the beginning, timeline wasn't an issue. It seemed to have been worked out through media and by statements on shows such as JVM and NG. I have an idea for what I believe the correct timeline is, but I don't really have any links to back up my idea, so I'm gonna lay low on that one for now.

--About who told who B was missing or that something was awry, I also thought that had been cleared up. I think I have an idea for this as well, but again, no link.

--As for B meeting a person on the Internet... I know that suggestion has been brought up before. I think they took B's computer at the start of the investigation, but I could be wrong about that.

--Lastly, toughing on the point about why B would go to MB with friends she didn't know too well... yes, it does seem that B had closer friends. I believe, and have seen picture evidence of the fact, that B knew one of the girls (AL) for a few years before the trip and that they were actually decent friends. I understand that she really wasn't close to JO at all.

Whoever posted that they didn't believe there was a new area of interest: it looks like you were correct.

No new area of interest in Brittanee Drexel case
By Steve Jones
Tuesday, Apr. 27, 2010

Lt. Neil Johnson of the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office said this morning there are no new areas of interest in the case of Brittanee Drexel, a New York teenager who disappeared last year when visiting Myrtle Beach.

But searchers are still looking, said Monica Caison of the CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, N.C., which has organized searches for the missing teen since she disappeared about a year ago. Drexel was last seen on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach.

More at link...
http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/27/1444166/no-new-area-of-interest-in-drexel.html

LLLindsayy,

Yes, I was just about to post that Brittanee had seemed pretty close to AL prior to the trip. I wonder how their relationship was during the trip...though, at this point it isn't all that relevant. Just nosey!!

As for my 'theory'...I think LE has the location based on where the boy is from, where the phone was pinging last, and where the boy would be most comfortable...where he wouldn't fear being caught or watched. I was looking at all of the various winding roads in N Santee...right along the riverbank. It's no wonder she hasn't been found. Not only is the long, winding river an issue...it's such a rural area you simply don't have people traveling or visiting that area. It could be that she's right out in the open...but hasn't been found simply because no one has travelled that way....or the 3 people who did travel that way weren't looking around.
I wish there were a way to find out if anyone from Waccamaw HS or Georgetown HS has land or a house out there....maybe an elderly grandparent's house. I also saw at least two historic plantation homes and hundreds of acres of unoccupied land right near the river. Someone growing up in that area...someone who hunted or who fished in the area....would absolutely know where they could go to 'get away' from any prying eyes. For those who live in and visit Georgetown, much of the county feels like a ghost town....and you can literally drive for miles without running into another vehicle..especially on a back road. And that's during broad daylight. I can't imagine a perp having any trouble going unnoticed in the middle of the night. Still, I think he wouldn't risk it..and he'd choose a place where he knew for certain that he wouldn't be disturbed and where she wouldn't be immediately found. All IMHO.

Whoever posted that they didn't believe there was a new area of interest: it looks like you were correct.

No new area of interest in Brittanee Drexel case
By Steve Jones
Tuesday, Apr. 27, 2010

Lt. Neil Johnson of the Georgetown County Sheriff's Office said this morning there are no new areas of interest in the case of Brittanee Drexel, a New York teenager who disappeared last year when visiting Myrtle Beach.

But searchers are still looking, said Monica Caison of the CUE Center for Missing Persons in Wilmington, N.C., which has organized searches for the missing teen since she disappeared about a year ago. Drexel was last seen on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach.

More at link...
http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/04/27/1444166/no-new-area-of-interest-in-drexel.html

So they have an area of interest but it's not a new area of interest... I pray the area is not the Santee or the Marion forest as I posted yesterday. For them to say they have an area, I would surely hope they have something more specific. But then again maybe this is why they can't find her. Very interesting to note that Monica still has people out there looking it sounds like in small groups. I think this is the behind the scene action we are not seeing or hearing about. I don't think we have any direct locals on this board, I was hoping so, because they would notice search parties. The little hints with barely any info given is so tough to decipher. :banghead:

I have been down there fishing several times, taking the Intercoastal Waterway from the South Island Ferry landing to the N Santee area but not gone upstream past 17 which is where I think people are talking about. We usually head out the other direction, towards the ocean. On the whole it is a pretty large and lightly traveled/inhabited area.

"They resembled a pair of glasses Brittanee was wearing the day before she vanished. After being sent off for forensic testing, detectives said they were unable to determine if, in fact, they belong to Brittanee."

Hmm. Haven't heard something quite like this before.

Unfortunately, I am learning towards them being hers. MOO.

Oh dear.

"They had determined Brittanee, who was a fervent cell phone user, sent her last text message at 8:58 p.m. on Saturday while still in Myrtle Beach. "

Another timeline?

So after a year of hearing her last text to JG was at 9:16PM this comes out? Is this accurate? The one important thing to note is they said her last text came while in MB.... this suggest something rather unfortunate; being as soon as she got in the car or came in contact with the perps, she was in trouble. Almost insinuating an abduction, or as soon as they got her in their possession they knew their intentions with her.

Still not knowing her "directly." Ahh give us a little more LE! It is really sad, it sounds like she knew them just enough to get in the car or hang with them. Although, it sure sounds like these guys or a certain number of the guys had bad intentions from the start.

Now with this new time of her last text stated as 8:58 p.m., makes me wonder about BD's state of mind when she walked out the door of the BWR for the last time. I wonder if PB would have been questioned by LE regarding whether he felt she was intoxicated or in a normal frame of mind when he last spoke with her in his hotel room. I know you cannot tell anything much about that video of her at BWR coming and then leaving with regards to if she was under the influence of anything. I think PB would know the answer to that. If that new time is correct, then it makes me think she either agreed almost immediately to get into a car or she was snatched right off the street. She is a very small person, so even if she was not under the influence of anything, it would not take much strength to get her into a car, probably. She is quite tiny. This would also explain why in some articles we have seen in the past year it has been stated that LE believes something occurred within 7 minutes of her leaving the BWR. It has puzzled me how they came up with 7 minutes as opposed to say 5 or 10 minutes, but has been stated a few times as 7. I shudder to think of her being grabbed, especially if she did not know the perp at all. So scary to even think about.

Sure would be interesting to know the context of her last message. Maybe she met this person/persons in the club or on the beach (as has been tossed around on WS so many times already) and when these people saw her walking, they say..."need a ride" and she felt she knew them now and got right in. This in my mind would also probably shoot down the theory of anything to do with a drug score as it seems to have occurred so quickly unless it was prearranged for an exact time. But...in rethinking that scenario, maybe, just maybe she was set up.

Oh dear.

"They had determined Brittanee, who was a fervent cell phone user, sent her last text message at 8:58 p.m. on Saturday while still in Myrtle Beach. "

Another timeline?

I wonder where these reporters are getting all of these times from....is it possible MBPD and Georgetown County Sheriff's are giving different times? Because other than that, I can't for the life of me figure out why all of these times are different? Even if it is only a 18 minute difference...in this situation, that amount of time is a huge factor in determining what happened IMO. Instead of new info from LE....it is reporter regurgitation. :sick:

One more thought for tonight. If they just have a "place of interest" and some "persons of interest", but they cannot say those were definitely her sunglasses, and they do not appear to have any concrete evidence except what some of these PsOI are saying or not saying (according to lie detector tests)..it is starting to seem that the news articles we have been seeing of late are just throwing things together and grasping at straws for something to write new about this case when perhaps they have nothing new at all. I am really, really starting to think that LE is trying to shake someone up and make them talk and trying to make them think they know more than they really do know. Okay...done for tonight. Sorry to ramble on, but just trying to toss some new thoughts out.

This clears up several of my one hour off questions and is as I thought it would be, but one hour later.

Sent last text message at 8:58 p.m. before she left the hotel.
Left hotel just before 9:00 p.m., immediately after sending last text message.
Cell phone is pinging Charleston County line at 10:18 p.m., meaning she was immediately abducted and taken south.

The biggest lies out of this is PB, who as I said was lying between his teeth when he said, he was stuttering he was lying so bad, saying it was light when Brittanee left but he offered her a ride back to her hotel and she declined. I hope karma catches up with this guy some day.

The text to her boyfriend was apparently some time between 8:30 p.m. and 8:58 p.m., and although determining with the girls that she couldn't be found and was missing by 9:30 p.m. is pretty quick, it's something that at least makes sense to me. That's more than 30 minutes of texting / calling getting no response, confirmation from one or more of her roommates that she was on her way back and hadn't made it, couldn't get a hold of her, and a pretty good decision to make at that point to alert her mother.

This is sad, but I am glad that it is as I expected for this young sweet girl, she was left on her own to get back at night and abducted very soon after she walked out of the hotel.

Not there to babysit her, just there to hightail for home and a lawyer in the middle of the night as soon as she disappears.

Disgusting.

rd

The new time is mind-boggling to me. I could have sworn there are several articles out there with JG talking about the 9:16PM text, telling her to becareful. This timeline does make sense and it seems to be backed by the police but for a year we thought 9:16PM was the last one.

Going off what someone (MBLover??) said yesterday, if one of the early reports said the phone pinged towards BH, where Brittanee was headed, I'm guessing that whomever picked her up was headed north like she was....and made her initially believe they were taking her back to the hotel. Just long enough to get her phone or restrain her in some way.
While I'm thankful that we've recieved a timeline that makes more sense, it is all that more difficult for me to 'sleuth' this scenario. I SO wanted Brittanee to be passed out drunk, completely oblivious of any future trouble--texting JG all the way to Georgetown, even deceased from an overdose. The ONE scenario that has always bothered me is the hour long drive to Georgetown knowing she was in danger, knowing what was going to happen to her, and not being able to do anything about it.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member