Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to CD's FB, B was at MB amusement park Thursday. I don't know if this info is useful to help create a timeline of her vacation and track her locations, but take it FWIW.

IIRC there was something mentioned on the forensic astrology thread about this amusement park. Lemme see if I can find it.

I'm glad DD is finally pushing back on the "haters" out there. This part seems new info. Some of the FB posters started hinting to some of this earlier this year.

This time last year, Brittanee, from Rochester, NY, was juggling a lot with her mom and dad's divorce, boyfriend troubles and even a bout of depression.

Another good clip from that article, I hope it means something.

"It's just a matter of time now before everything gets put together, and we can say yes, here's a solid arrest," said Myrtle Beach Detective Vincent Dorio.

The mother of missing teen Brittanee Drexel calls the past year a living nightmare that won't end.
Hide caption By Graeme Moore
Monday, April 26, 2010 at 6:00 p.m.

Read more: Local, Dawn Drexel, Brittanee Drexel, Missing Spring Breaker, Myrtle Beach

The mother of missing teen Brittanee Drexel calls the past year a living nightmare that won't end.

"It's the most horrible thing you ever want to go through," Dawn Drexel said during a recent interview.

More at link
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?list=195106&id=448770

These poor people. God give them the answers and peace they deserve!

Another good clip from that article, I hope it means something.

"It's just a matter of time now before everything gets put together, and we can say yes, here's a solid arrest," said Myrtle Beach Detective Vincent Dorio.

Sounds like something to me. Good.

I should be asleep...

I organized and edited a bunch of photos of some of the flyers I put out... here if you want to see them...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gothicx19/sets/72157623816490869/

I am still processing information and probably will be spilling the contents of my brain on here in the form of a big post, real soon, you have been warned :)

I can't wait. I love your posts. I hear you did a good job with your flyers. thanks

Wow some of those pics don't even look like MB. I have only been to the tourist places. I sure hope that there is some news soon. The coverage from this past weekend was so heart-breaking, her poor family is going through so much pain.

While you are out hanging flyers do any people that you run into try to offer any info or do they just not know anything? The reason I ask is I live in a small town and we all pretty much know everything that goes on, so if someone is questioned by LE around here someone would know it and it would be talked about. And all of this has been kept so close to the vest so far. Its just seems odd that know one is talking. On one hand I quess it is good because it won't hurt the investigation but, on the other hand I think if some more info came out maybe other people could think back and maybe remeber some strange activity in the area around that time. Just kinda thinking out loud here. JMO

Hi everyone at Websleuths! I've been lurking this message board for a number of years now and I commend you all on the tireless work you do to help locate missing people and to comfort and support their families, your posts are always intelligently and sensitively worded and are really informative to read.

I've been following many cases on this message board but for some reason Brittney Drexel's disappearance seems to have stuck with me the most and I've been following its progression from the beginning.

My heart goes out to her family and the torment and pain they must be living with daily, I pray that Brittney makes it home to them and closure is brought about, so they may at least draw some sense of closure in justice being brought about and knowing what happened to their daughter.

The video LLLindsayy created is so touching and is such a beautiful tribute to Brittney, I'm sure her family will be moved by the gesture as well as all of the other work websleuth members have been doing to assist them with bringing Brittney home.

Someone mentioned above that they think the police know exactly what they're doing and that they know far more than they're saying, I too believe this is the case.

It seems that they're putting out 'just enough information' almost in the form of subtle 'hints' in an attempt to unnerve anyone involved in the crime and get them talking.

Beautiful and heartwrenching as LLLindsayy's video is, I really don't think the perpetrators would feel any sense of compassion, empathy or remorse at all if they viewed it, though of course it will bring much comfort to her family, sadly I think the ONLY thing that will effect the perpetrator(s), is if they fear someone has said something about them and they fear for their own asses, in which case they'd talk just to make things lighter for themselves.

I wonder if the police are attempting to get the perpetrator(s) to return to the crime scene in an attempt to remove any evidence that may be there, by stating that they now have an idea where Brittney's body is?

To me it seems like the messages they are putting out through the media aren't for the general public at all, but are attempts to unnerve the person(s) involved.

If anything will get these perps to talk it would be if they could be made to feel paranoid, nervous and in fear of their OWN butts, maybe something could be cleverly instigated in this angle? People perhaps saying they've heard something or suggest that closure is very near and the perps are close to being caught? (Which I believe is really the case anyway).

Just an idea, probably a stupid one, but I really do believe the tactic to be made now is something that will put the fear of god in the perp's BIG, because I don't believe they have any conscience at all.

Sorry if I've blabbed on too long, I'm known to be a bit of a yapper, and I've really ranted on a bit for a first posting! :)

Welcome Justice4closure...

I am a bit of a lurker on this thread as well....haven't really joined in the discussion here but was captivated from the beginning by what a truly beautiful girl Brittanee is. And the way her "frenemies" (love that word!) mistreated her/acted toward her on that trip really increased my blood pressure.

I agree with what you posted and get the feeling that LE is taunting the perp's in order to unnerve them......with more than one involved there's always a chance of someone screwing up and I think it's just a matter of time.

LLLindsayy....thanks for the beautiful tribute and for being so caring!

Um, can someone please let me know if I can post an RSO in here or not?? I've got 3 RSO's living together in N Charleston right next to a train yard....and one has several firearms charges, one has kidnapping and lynching charges, and I haven't even researched the 3rd one yet. Is that enough to go on, or do I need an actual connection to Brittanee first?

Krista, From my understanding you are allowed to post RSO's because it is a matter of public record. I know RSO's have been sleuthed in other cases I've followed. I'd like to suggest you post them on Britt's Thread on the Forensic Astrology forum. They may be able to help determine if the RSO's charts mesh with the charts for Britt's disappearance. They do good work there. Hre's an example.....The FA's found while charting the perp for Chelsea King in California that the perp's chart also indicated his involvement in Amber Dubois' disappearance.

wm

I hate to delve into complete rumor, but ONE person on FB stated that there was a 'weird guy' at the vigil for Brittanee. Is that true....has anyone heard if there were any problems with people watching/at the vigil? Here's the link to his comment. Second story down: http://www.facebook.com/#!/posted.p...d=116287421726059&comments=1#s116287421726059
On that same note, there is a photo included in the vigil pictures that kind of creeped me out. It's a pic of the participants marching down Ocean Blvd, but the pic is from inside a tunnel-like area looking UP at the vigil march. Anyone know where that location is on the map? I.E. Did Brittanee have to walk past that tunnel on her way home? Thanks!
ETA: found the photo:
http://media.thesunnews.com/smedia/...el_jbm16.JPG.standalone.prod_affiliate.78.jpg

krista, That photo creeped me out too because of a dream I had about Brittanee and she was snatched from a place which looked very similar to this. I had shivers up and down my spine when I saw that pic.

wm

A couple of things:

FWIW, My husband, an IT contractor for the military, clued me in that he **believes** there is NO WAY an oceanfront hotel at MB is still using analog tapes for security in 2009. He believes it would absolutely be digital and computerized. If that's the case, then he says that the timestamp shown would necessarily be accurate, as it would be automatically changed within the computer settings and not something they would need to adjust twice per year. He says if we can be certain of the two video points, he'll call and talk to their ''security team''...likely just the manager.....and verify all of their specific IT and security setups and how long they've been in place.
**If** the security tape from BWR is correctly timestamped, I think we have an unaccounted for hour....8:00 instead of 9:00!?!?
After seeing the new video of Brittanee in the boy's hotel room and after seeing the vigil photos of teens standing on their balconies watching the march, I'm weighing new theories. What if Brittanee walked out of the hotel at 8ish and she was 'cat called' from one of the balconies across the street or stopped by someone headed to those rooms? Typically, I wouldn't think she'd go, but the new video says she might have...and it's spring break..I probably would have gone too at 17. My point is, **if** she had an additional hour, perhaps she got to talking to someone, went to their hotel room. I've been running this scenario to my police officer friend. The following is a basic overview of our conversation. It's just a scenario...nothing concrete.
I said that the guy would have to be someone local from the Georgetown area...why would they have a hotel room? Because they are a teen/young person who wants to party, meet girls, drink, do drugs, and not be accountable to mommy and daddy. How can a young person kidnap BD and not be seen and, moreover, not have a serious record...as most people don't start out at rape and murder? Because it wasn't an intentional murder. It was something else, initially. She thought he was nice, he made her feel good...paid attention to her. He told her that her crappy friend will have to wait for her shorts. He or some friends had a hotel room right there...maybe across the street. He asks her to come party with him....she does. She's texting her bf and others, just like she did in the other hotel room video. They get along...the other friends are all drinking, acting like children, he wants to be alone with her...or she wants to score some drugs. They drive to his neck of the woods...maybe he has some drugs on him...or he knows where to get them. All along, I've been thinking this was about rape and murder...but maybe it was a drug overdose...and a scared kid trying to figure out what to do with a body!?!? He comes back, hours later, without Brittanee. Says he dropped her off at her room, or that she felt like walking back. The other boys see the news...he freaks out, tells them that they can't tell LE about meeting her. They were all drinking, doing drugs...can't tell LE or they could be in big trouble. Plus, what if they were the last ones to see her. Can't risk telling LE anything...besides, they don't know what happened or where she went after he 'dropped her off' or 'let her walk back by herself'.
But parts of his story didn't make sense. They're teens, they're self-absorbed, so they really didn't pay too much attention, but recently, they've been hearing that her sunglasses were found in Georgetown, that her phone was 'pinged' there. Why? He didn't tell them he took her to Georgetown. Questions are asked, hinted at, but the boy sticks to his story and his belief that they should remain quiet and not implicate themselves for drug charges or worse. One of the boys can't stand it. He makes a call to LE, tells what he knows...that he believes his friend was hanging out with her earlier that night. Says that they were doing drugs, drinking, but that they don't know what happened to her after she was 'dropped off'. He KNOWS his friend wouldn't murder anyone. Tells names of other guys in hotel room. LE contacts other two who stayed at hotel; says they won't be charged at all for drug use if they'll tell what they know. Give statements. Given lie detector tests. One boy, the original, hasn't been interviewed. LE is thinking that, by putting public pressure and media attention on N Santee and '3-4 POI's', he'll do something stupid and try to go back to the scene, go off on his friends, etc. B/C there's no evidence of a crime, LE isn't arresting him until they have a clear case.

While the time of 8pm would certainly make more sense with this scenario, even if she didn't meet the group until 9pm, the scenario could still work...she just wouldn't have spent much time getting to know him or hanging out at the hotel. Again, All of the above is conjecture....not necessarily even my opinion. I'm just looking for a timeline and scenario that fits what LE has told us. I can't see LE not searching all of the RSO's and violent teens/adults in Georgetown prior to now. I thought this person would have a record, but if it was an accident, then it would make sense that he had no serious priors.Feel free to shoot it down or change it entirely!!
IMHO.

That video LLLindsayy did for us is so moving.....Brittanee is one of the lucky girls who looks fabulous in any different hair color and style....she really has flair!!!

As I stated earlier, I haven't posted on this thread but a few times, but have followed it closely....this and Bryce Tarter's disappearance have really bothered me to no end.

I have posted the video on both my facebook and myspace pages. Hoping that it will get attention and help bring answers that are so desparately needed for Brittanee.

After taking some time to watch quietly, and process information as the 1 year anniversary of Brittanee's disappearance, came and went -- I don't feel as though anything new has really been released to us. Not since the announcement on April 9, 2009. I know everyone here wants this case closed ASAP, and there are a few of us who are going to reconsider everything, and come up with some new ideas and methods. I want to start proposing ideas and what not in another post.

For Now, I think it is time to review our facts, so that is what I am going to try to stick too in this post, and NOT get sidetracked on some detail (such as time) Here goes:

-Brittanee asks her mom if she can go to Myrtle Beach, Dawn says no, they argue, Brittanee leaves for Myrtle Beach, and deceives her mom by saying she is staying at a friends house.

-Brittanee + 2 other girls from Chili area check into Bar Harbor motel.

-Brittanee parties in Myrtle Beach for a few days... she gets some time in the sun, visits the amusement park, goes to Club K...

-Saturday April 25, 2009
- Brittanee leaves Bar Harbour and walks to Blue Water.
- She is seen on a street camera walking (from BH to BW)
- She is seen on camera walking into the lobby of BW.
- She spends about 20 minutes with PB + other Chili guys at this hotel
- She leaves BW (allegedly to return some shorts to JO at BH)
- She is seen on camera walking out of the lobby of BW (shortly after 8pm)
- Text messages are sent to JG and JO and then cease (8:16PM or 9:16PM - won't know)
- Around 2AM JO gets "concerned" and calls JG, who calls DD, who calls JH
- Around this same time PB and his friends leave MB for Chili
- JH files missing persons report April 26 @ 5AM

-Police released the following information:
- PB is the last to see her
- She left with her purse and pink cellphone
- Police tracked the cell phone as it travelled south, until it stopped aroung G-C

-Friday, December 4, 2009 a "new tip" re-ignigted the search

-Monday, December 7, 2009 campers discover knock off prada sunglasses along wooded bank of santee river

-Friday, April 9, 2010, police anounce the following:
- They have 3 to 4 persons of interest in this case
- The tip they received in December (not sunglasses) led them to these POIs
- They have received more tips that point to these same POIs
- The POIs did not "directly" know Brittanee
- They are treating this as a homicide case now
- Interviews have been conducted with the POIs
- 2 polygraphs given
- (at least) 1 search warrant executed
- The POIs are local (Which I assume to be near the G-C county line)

I don't think the newly released video gives us anything. At best, I think it was released to let us all know that Brittanee was a very "trusting" girl.. some may call this Naive.. It may be preparing us for the whole story when it finally surfaces... either that or it means absolutely nothing, and it was just a way to get viewers to tune in.

Also, I read some chatter about a different area of interest? I don't think so. I think the area in question has been the G-C county line, ever since they tracked her cellphone down there where it abruptly stopped.

As far as the newly released information, where LE implies that they are "close", and they just need another key peice of evidence... I take those announcements with a grain of salt. I hope it's not true, but LE could just be blowing smoke...

Those are the facts from what I have gathered. I'm sure there are a few errors in there, but hopefully nothing critical. feel free, however, to question any of it - it's not gospel.

I have been kicking ideas around in my head about how we can take this search effort to the next level. That is the next post I am working on. I have some good ideas, and I am anxious to share them. I just need a little more time finalizing them... Once we decide which of these new methods we like, then it's time to "hit the streets" once again.

Nice timeline M, the only thing that jumps out to me is Grieco was the one around 9:16-9:30 who thought something was wrong and triggered it all. How he knew so quickly we will never know, we don't know the dialogue of their text/conversation that night.

It is very frustrating we can't get an exact time when she left, but police did say they believe something happened within 7 mins of her leaving the BW. This seems to support her getting into a car quickly. It would also support I don't know if it was your theory or someone else's about her being able to text until she got to the GC county line when all of a sudden texting stopped.

Nice timeline M, the only thing that jumps out to me is Grieco was the one around 9:16-9:30 who thought something was wrong and triggered it all. How he knew so quickly we will never know, we don't know the dialogue of their text/conversation that night.

It is very frustrating we can't get an exact time when she left, but police did say they believe something happened within 7 mins of her leaving the BW. This seems to support her getting into a car quickly. It would also support I don't know if it was your theory or someone else's about her being able to text until she got to the GC county line when all of a sudden texting stopped.

I think we're on the same page...

If JG received the text at 9:16PM, that means Brittanee was doing SOMETHING for like 40 minutes after leaving BW.

If JG received the text at 8:16PM, that means the text was sent either immediately after walking out the door of BW, or perhaps while she was still in the room with PB et al ...

Neither of these seem logical to me.

JG seems very adamant about that 9:15/9:16 text time...

I don't see an answer coming to us about this time confusion....

Sucks, but what can we do...?

That put aside, am I missing anything (In my long post) that we would consider pertinant to the case?

As I read through everyone's well thought out theories and ideas, new questions or possibilities are constantly plaguing my mind. I just wanted to see what any of you thought about the following:

All of the pictures and videos presented of BD portray her as an outgoing, sweet girl who I am sure has cultivated better friendships than the type of "friendships" she had with the girls she went to MB with.

I am just wondering, what or who initiated her thoughts of going to MB in the first place? Why didn't any of her closer friends go and why did she end up going with people she didn't seem to be very close to? Did they ask her to go? Did she find out they were going and asked if she could get a ride with them? Was there some other reason that she wanted to go so badly?

If they asked her to go, I find that particularly strange. If BD posed the question of going with them, what was her motivation? I know it's Spring Break and all, but going with a group of girls that she didn't seem have a close relationship with and none of her close friends or JG just seems odd in itself to me. Could there have been some other reason compelling her to make the trip? Could she have maybe met someone online or something that was going to be there or from the area? Could the search warrant they obtained have been to search a computer?

Sorry if that seems like a big rambling question....there are just so many things that run through my head as I read this thread everyday just hoping and praying that her family and friends find answers they are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member