Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm starting to wonder if GS is the "bartender" from the early report that said that CS ditched the others. I kept thinking that a bartender would have no reason to make that up. But maybe they would have a reason to make it up.....IF that bartender was GS....

MOO
That’s a solid point, but unless GS also works at another bar, King Street Grille is in Kiawah Island which is about 45 minutes away from their apartment complex. I suppose it could be, but that’s awfully far. After listening to the bartender’s voice interview, it doesn’t seem she knew CS very well.

I'm starting to wonder if GS is the "bartender" from the early report that said that CS ditched the others. I kept thinking that a bartender would have no reason to make that up. But maybe they would have a reason to make it up.....IF that bartender was GS....

MOO
That’s a solid point, but unless GS also works at another bar, King Street Grille is in Kiawah Island which is about 45 minutes away from their apartment complex. I suppose it could be, but that’s awfully far. After listening to the bartender’s voice interview, it doesn’t seem she
If I didn't know Carr at all I would say yes. Knew the guy for 13 yrs, trusted him with my family, wife and kids, while we were in the Marine Corps together.
Hardest part I have with this whole thing is, I know for fact he isn't that dumb of a person or that cold blooded. When I say he isn't the dumb, who uses their debit card to purchase items to hide a body, especially after being out to multiple places with victim. Carr was a extremely smart guy, was one of my best CDIs in our shop. Second why would you drive her and everything back to your house to bury her(3.5hr driv ) , that right there makes zero sense.
If I went by the cover of the book, Carrs picture vs Waltons, your aren't choosing Carr out of a lineup. I don't see Walton heroically saving or looking to save anyone. Sorry if that upsets anyone.
knew CS very well.
If I didn't know Carr at all I would say yes. Knew the guy for 13 yrs, trusted him with my family, wife and kids, while we were in the Marine Corps together.
Hardest part I have with this whole thing is, I know for fact he isn't that dumb of a person or that cold blooded. When I say he isn't the dumb, who uses their debit card to purchase items to hide a body, especially after being out to multiple places with victim. Carr was a extremely smart guy, was one of my best CDIs in our shop. Second why would you drive her and everything back to your house to bury her(3.5hr driv ) , that right there makes zero sense.
If I went by the cover of the book, Carrs picture vs Waltons, your aren't choosing Carr out of a lineup. I don't see Walton heroically saving or looking to save anyone. Sorry if that upsets anyone.
Unfortunately it seems implausible he didn’t have something to do with it. He’s on camera at Home Depot and on CCTV driving his truck. I’m aware he was military (and thank you for your service), but from what I’ve read, he wasn’t really a stand up guy. Abandoned his daughter, joined the Hells Angels, arrested for manufacturing meth, dishonorably discharged for faking a medical condition, kept questionable company. He may have been a decent man when you knew him, but meth is a hell of a drug.

RSBM

I can definitely see that being a plan. Do you have any thoughts as to why he avoided all the large bodies of water between Charleston and Columbia ? Not being snarky here, just genuinely curious what your thoughts are.
My guess would be that he wanted to go somewhere private to do whatever he was going to do with the concrete. Then, he might have needed time for the concrete to set. Also, it might have been daylight when he drove home, and he wanted to wait for the cover of darkness.

JMO
Agree. He would need something to mix the cement in, something to mix it with, time for it to cure, etc. And, he'd have Celia's body with him... It would be quite risky to do this sort of thing out in the open. MOO

I agree that GS couldn't have been the bartender. I just don't see how the bartender's story makes sense, or how BC got back inside of CS's apartment after she ditchex him. I read that both CS and GS were bartenders at the same bar. I wonder if this is the same bar that she ditched them?

The speculative scenario that I was suggesting was that maybe GS said that she was the "bartender" in order to cover for, and distance herself and the guys from CS.

I'm not saying that this is what I think happened. Just that it is a possibility. The article said that "a bartender came forward". Does that mean that the bartender seeked the reporter out? There just seems to be a good chance that GS knows more than she is letting on.

MOO
I don't follow. What about the bartender's story doesn't make sense to you and what reason would the bartender have to lie?

Maybe BC left something in CS's apartment (keys, travel bag...) and she let him back in to retrieve it? I have no idea how or why he got back in, just that he did.

Do you have a link for "CS and GS were bartenders at the same bar?" I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

No, I don't think GS sought out a reporter. We haven't seen an interview, AFAIK. Hopefully, she's retained an attorney and keeps her mouth shut. She's a witness in an active homicide investigation. MOO

That’s a solid point, but unless GS also works at another bar, King Street Grille is in Kiawah Island which is about 45 minutes away from their apartment complex. I suppose it could be, but that’s awfully far. After listening to the bartender’s voice interview, it doesn’t seem she knew CS very well.
Good morning, SaMaJo. I would be interested in hearing the bartender's voice interview if it's from a source that can be linked here. Apologies if it's here somewhere and I missed it. MOO

Good morning, SaMaJo. I would be interested in hearing the bartender's voice interview if it's from a source that can be linked here. Apologies if it's here somewhere and I missed it. MOO

It was in the second article in your timeline for thursday night - early friday morning. The article contained the bartender's quotes. The accompanying video clip had the audio of those quotes. With the bartender's voice disguised.....

I don't follow. What about the bartender's story doesn't make sense to you and what reason would the bartender have to lie?

Maybe BC left something in CS's apartment (keys, travel bag...) and she let him back in to retrieve it? I have no idea how or why he got back in, just that he did.

Do you have a link for "CS and GS were bartenders at the same bar?" I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

No, I don't think GS sought out a reporter. We haven't seen an interview, AFAIK. Hopefully, she's retained an attorney and keeps her mouth shut. She's a witness in an active homicide investigation. MOO

Oops, CS and GS working together came from an unverified insider. Probably the same one that said that that bar is 45min from CS's apmt......so probably not the bar in question.

I guess what doesn't make sense is the bartender said that CS ditched the group. GS's account sounded like they all returned to CS's apartment together (well, all except GS, curiously).

Also, if her plan was to get them out of her house, that sounds like they had just come from her house. But GS's account says that they visited multiple bars that evening. I just find it unlikely that she would let them in her apmt after ditching them. It is possible, though.

Also, I wasn't saying that I thought GS WAS the bartender. I was just saying that IF IF IF GS was present, or knew shortly afterwards, what happened to CS, and she was trying to cover for someone, that maybe she could have claimed to be the bartender to the reporter.

I guess I was just trying to figure out why the bartender's story doesn't seem to make sense with the other account. I guess it wouldn't make sense for GS to "impersonate" the bartender to the reporter after she had already told LE a different story.

Now that I think about it, with what GS apparently told LE, it doesn't seem like a story someone would make up if they were trying to cover for someone. It seems like her statements are pretty damming to both BC and MW. MW might be lucky to not have been charged with a more serious crime.

MOO

Oops, CS and GS working together came from an unverified insider. Probably the same one that said that that bar is 45min from CS's apmt......so probably not the bar in question.

I guess what doesn't make sense is the bartender said that CS ditched the group. GS's account sounded like they all returned to CS's apartment together (well, all except GS, curiously).

Also, if her plan was to get them out of her house, that sounds like they had just come from her house. But GS's account says that they visited multiple bars that evening. I just find it unlikely that she would let them in her apmt after ditching them. It is possible, though.

Also, I wasn't saying that I thought GS WAS the bartender. I was just saying that IF IF IF GS was present, or knew shortly afterwards, what happened to CS, and she was trying to cover for someone, that maybe she could have claimed to be the bartender to the reporter.

I guess I was just trying to figure out why the bartender's story doesn't seem to make sense with the other account. I guess it wouldn't make sense for GS to "impersonate" the bartender to the reporter after she had already told LE a different story.

Now that I think about it, with what GS apparently told LE, it doesn't seem like a story someone would make up if they were trying to cover for someone. It seems like her statements are pretty damming to both BC and MW. MW might be lucky to not have been charged with a more serious crime.

MOO
Thank you for your response.

Honestly, I just don't see what's so odd about CS wanting to go home. BC, one of her companions on this bar/restaurant-hopping adventure was so intoxicated the bartender refused to serve him. I would be ready to go home at that point too. And, I don't blame her for not wanting him in her home. I mean, isn't the party over at some point?

Neither do I find it curious that GS didn't return to CS's apartment. Why would she when she had an apartment of her own there to go to? Sounds like the party was over for her at that point as well. MOO

I just want to know WHY. What made one human being beat another human being so forcefully and brutally with a hammer? This seems to be a very up close & personal way to take the life of a person you allegedly don’t know/have any history with... it’s so tragic and heartbreaking.

Thank you for your response.

Honestly, I just don't see what's so odd about CS wanting to go home. BC, one of her companions on this bar/restaurant-hopping adventure was so intoxicated the bartender refused to serve him. I would be ready to go home at that point too. And, I don't blame her for not wanting him in her home. I mean, isn't the party over at some point?

Neither do I find it curious that GS didn't return to CS's apartment. Why would she when she had an apartment of her own there to go to? Sounds like the party was over for her at that point as well. MOO

It’s not CS wanting to go home that is odd, it’s the fact that the bartender said she snuck out alone leaving the other three at the bar. The odd part is how they ended up back in her apartment after she left them if she did not want them there. The GS portion of the story seems odd because she knew CS had left them, why would GS be ok with her boyfriend and his friend going to CS apartment instead of her own with her?

It’s not CS wanting to go home that is odd, it’s the fact that the bartender said she snuck out alone leaving the other three at the bar. The odd part is how they ended up back in her apartment after she left them if she did not want them there. The GS portion of the story seems odd because she knew CS had left them, why would GS be ok with her boyfriend and his friend going to CS apartment instead of her own with her?
Yes! that is exactly what i have been wondering.

Maybe it originally was intended as a double date type thing that just didn’t click for CS. GS & whatshisface were dating. Maybe BC was attracted to CS, but not mutual. Maybe BC did leave his keys/ shorts/ toothbrush there & that’s why they went back. The one odd part I still can’t fathom is why they weren’t staying w GS in the first place. Was she in a studio & CS had a 2 BR or something? It really doesn’t make sense with the tidbits we have so far. Jmo

PS: Thanks to @evilwise I now know what astroturfing is. The things I learn here on WS...

Thank you for this explanation. I understand a little better now where you’re coming from.

This is how I see it:
  1. CS, GS, MW & BC went out to eat, drink, and socialize.
  2. CS didn’t want them at her apartment and left them at the bar.
  3. GS, MW & BC return to the apt. complex via BC’s truck, GS’s vehicle, Uber, or [however they returned home]. Both GS and MW should know how they arrived back at the complex. LE surely knows as well, but we don't.
  4. GS went home to her own apartment in the same complex.
  5. BC is alone with CS at her apt. for [unknown reason]. Perhaps this reason is also known to GS and she has provided that information to LE but, we don’t know. I certainly think it’s a question they would have asked.
  6. MW was in and out of CS’s apt. for the next two hours because [unknown reason]. Again, GS may know the reason for this. If I had to guess, I’d say that MW was going back and forth between the two apartments trying to persuade BC to come to GS’s apt. since CS wanted him out of hers.
Bottom line; I don’t think the story is odd, I think we just don’t have the whole story. MOO

Thank you for this explanation. I understand a little better now where you’re coming from.

This is how I see it:
  3. GS, MW & BC return to the apt. complex via BC’s truck, GS’s vehicle, Uber, or [however they returned home]. Both GS and MW should know how they arrived back at the complex. LE surely knows as well, but we don't.
  5. BC is alone with CS at her apt. for [unknown reason]. Perhaps this reason is also known to GS and she has provided that information to LE but, we don’t know. I certainly think it’s a question they would have asked.
  6. MW was in and out of CS’s apt. for the next two hours because [unknown reason]. Again, GS may know the reason for this. If I had to guess, I’d say that MW was going back and forth between the two apartments trying to persuade BC to come to GS’s apt. since CS wanted him out of hers.
Bottom line; I don’t think the story is odd, I think we just don’t have the whole story. MOO
This is a WAY CLEARER summary of anything that’s been in MSM so far, lol. Been helping my daughter move the last few evenings & my brain too tired to assemble the pieces.:cool:

This is how I see it:
Wow this is great, thank you for making this! Definitely showcases how little of the story we have. Fingers crossed that changes soon!

This is how I see it:

It's so nice to see clarity of thought on this thread.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee
Back