SC - Columbia - Sheriff Slams Female Student to Floor In Class

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No violence, just racism.

I will typically support the men in blue but not when they are wrong. Officer Fields man-handled that sixteen year old girl. She was not a threat to him. There has to be a better way.

Racism has been alleged in the lawsuit but not proven yet. At least in my opinion.

The better way is for young people to respect authority figures like teachers and law enforcement officers. Then things like this would never happen. JMO

I am sure some will say that isn't a teachers job, they already do so much blah blah blah. As if teachers are even teaching nowadays.

I agree. A little understanding and reasoning would have served everyone better than this fiasco.
e
Reminds me of an incident I witnessed at a store chain once. A young girl (maybe 9?) was standing up in the cart and her mother told her to "sit down" and when the child defied her, she jerked the cart so that the child fell backwards and slammed her head onto the hard floor.

I guess since the child didn't listen, she deserved for her head to be split open.

I'm not making excuses for this young woman, but again... I think if we can try and find "reasoning" behind a woman driving her car into a crowd of innocent people (medical emergency, mental illness, etc...), killing and injuring many, then why can't we also try and look into the "reasoning" for this young woman's behavior?

I mean, shouldn't we be wondering why she is acting out? Questioning if something is going on at home? Or even in school??

If it's going to "cost", it ought to cost her. When will people understand they are not above the law, that they have no right to disrupt a class making it impossible for anyone else to learn? If that kid didn't want to be in school, why not let her drop out?

My opinion only

When will YOU people understand that cops are not above the law?:mad: There are laws that they have to use reasonable force. It was the cop’s right to remove the girl from the class room. It was not his right to escalate the situation and assault the girl. As a matter of fact assault is a violation of the law. A student disrupting her class is not a violation of any law. There is zero chance that she would be charged with anything for that. So the only one here who thinks they are above the law is the cop.

Be consistent. If you expect citizens to obey the law, then demand that the police also obey the law. Otherwise your words are hypocritical and meaningless.

benfieldsspringvalleyhighschoolsouthcarolina.gif

http://heavy.com/news/2015/10/ben-f...odybuilder-cop-student-desk-video-complaints/

Look at his left hand. He doesn't let her out as she tries to stand. He used his left hand to trap her and then flip the desk. He didn't let her get out before flipping it. He truly made sure he trapped her. Which he didn't have to do. Jmo

Reminds me of an incident I witnessed at a store chain once. A young girl (maybe 9?) was standing up in the cart and her mother told her to "sit down" and when the child defied her, she jerked the cart so that the child fell backwards and slammed her head onto the hard floor.

I guess since the child didn't listen, she deserved for her head to be split open.

I'm not making excuses for this young woman, but again... I think if we can try and find "reasoning" behind a woman driving her car into a crowd of innocent people (medical emergency, mental illness, etc...), killing and injuring many, then why can't we also try and look into the "reasoning" for this young woman's behavior?

I mean, shouldn't we be wondering why she is acting out? Questioning if something is going on at home? Or even in school??

I once witnessed a somewhat similar incident. A young girl was standing up in the cart, and the mother didn't tell her to sit down, and she leaned out of the cart far enough that it toppled and she knocked out a bunch of teeth on the cart that was next to that one.

I've made no excuses for the evil woman who drover her car into the crowd, and I make no excuses for this disruptive student.

At least that woman is likely to go to prison for a long time. This girl will become a media hero and will probably get an invitation to the White House any day now.

He was a bit rough for a reason. The student wouldn't move from the desk leaving him little choice but to physically remove her. Her flaying around trying to hit him contributed to her being taken down to the floor.

Like I said up thread, the student is 100% responsible. She turned a minor situation into something else. JMO

The officer is 100% responsible for his behavior. He turned a minor situation into a physical assault.

If that was my granddaughter, she'd be in more trouble at home with her mom and dad than whatever trouble she's in at school.

But too many of the parents today seem to think that school doesn't matter and that defiant and disruptive behavior at school is acceptable. I wonder if this girl learned from her parents, or parent, that this kind of behavior is acceptable?

We don't know what he home life is like. Her parents could be very respectable people or maybe she doesn't have parents at all. Foster care? Living with a grandparent? We just don't know.

You really think that staying off the phone during class is equivalent to being a Stepford Wife? Seriously?

Whatever happened to plain old everyday courtesy and civility? If this girl had simply behaved in school, none of this would have happened. Her behavior was disrespectful not only to the teacher and the principal, but to every one of her classmates. Her desire to be disruptive and defient is not more important than their education. Why should any student be permitted to disrupt class? Especially just because they want to yak on the phone. Yakking on the phone during class is not a civil right, and interfering with the education of all the other students in her class is exceedingly disrespectful of all of them.

Respecting the rights of your fellow students to get an education is hardly being a Stepford Wife.

You make some very good points. That disruptive student was stealing the rights of her fellow students to get an education.

She should be the one who is vilified.

JMO

The officer is 100% responsible for his behavior. He turned a minor situation into a physical assault.

I see this case totally different than you do and that's fine.

You really think this is an efficient use of an officer's time and skills? I get you're trying to defend his actions but I don't understand how anyone thinks calling in cops when students misbehave is an effective way to deal with students, or an ideal use of law enforcement. I doubt people become police officers because they want to beat up kids in school. Shouldn't he be out helping someone, writing speeding tickets, or busting criminals?

JMO.

You obviously have missed the whole point of the story or didn't read it thoroughly. The officer was not called to the school from the street. He is a School Resource Officer (SRO) meaning that his regular duty station is inside the high school probably with additional duties at the middle school and elementary school that feed into the high school. Its very common in this country to have this arrangement. In my county there are 25 high schools with 25 SRO's. They save the officers on the street countless hours of responding to calls from the high schools, and save the street officers from conducting the investigations that arise in a school.

"The administrator tried to get her to move and pleaded with her to get out of her seat," Robinson told WLTX.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/2...carolina-school-officer-tossing-student-onto/

Understanding and reasoning were tried. They failed. Through her defiance, the girl left them no choice but to remove her with force. It's what happens when you don't cooperate with lawful authorities.

I just don't understand the desire to excuse and minimize bad behavior. Or the condemnation of the use of force, when required, to counter the bad behavior. When the bad behavior comes first -- when the bad behavior necessitate the use of force -- I blame the person who originally engaged in the bad behavior, not the person who had to use force to counter the bad behavior.

I see this case totally different than you do and that's fine.

You don't think he's 100% responsible for his own behavior. You think he was helpless and had no choice. I get it.

You obviously have missed the whole point of the story or didn't read it thoroughly. The officer was not called to the school from the street. He is a School Resource Officer (SRO) meaning that his regular duty station is inside the high school probably with additional duties at the middle school and elementary school that feed into the high school. Its very common in this country to have this arrangement. In my county there are 25 high schools with 25 SRO's. They save the officers on the street countless hours of responding to calls from the high schools, and save the street officers from conducting the investigations that arise in a school.

I don't think cops belong in schools.

No violence, just racism.

I will typically support the men in blue but not when they are wrong. Officer Fields man-handled that sixteen year old girl. She was not a threat to him. There has to be a better way.

The charge of "racism" is an allegation raised by two of our leading liberal media outlets. The case arose out of a 2011 investigation by the officers department into gang activity in the school. Apparently the officer provided information to the investigators. As a result a minority student was identified as a gang member and expelled. His parents brought a civil rights law suit against the county school system and the officer was named as a defendant.

Much ado about nothing but you will never hear the media tell the whole story. All they will tell you is that he was sued for "racism".

You don't think he's 100% responsible for his own behavior. You think he was helpless and had no choice. I get it.

I never said that. I said that 100% of the blame is on the student. I just acknowledged that we see this case differently. JMO.

Of course he was a bit rough and it does bother me. But I also understand that he was trying to remove her from the classroom, as requested by the principal.

She was way out of line to defy the teacher, the administrator and the cop. She was the one who forced the issue. Why didn't she just let the teacher have her phone until class was over? What is the big deal about that?

He was "a bit rough" and she was "way out of line". Amazing.

He was a bit rough for a reason. The student wouldn't move from the desk leaving him little choice but to physically remove her. Her flaying around trying to hit him contributed to her being taken down to the floor.

Like I said up thread, the student is 100% responsible. She turned a minor situation into something else. JMO

A bit rough? More like a wild savage animal attacking. He is a very lucky man that no one was seriously injured.
I'm pretty sure he didn't even consider that during his take down. He was careless and out of control and has no business being around children. IMO

A bit rough? More like a wild savage animal attacking. He is a very lucky man that no one was seriously injured.
I'm pretty sure he didn't even consider that during his take down. He was careless and out of control and has no business being around children. IMO

I don't see the incident as being as violent as you seem to. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53