SC SC - Dail Dinwiddie, 23, Columbia, 24 Sep 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw this too this morning and kept debating if I should post it or not.

Wow. Lots of info to ponder there.

I admit I am skeptical of such readings and respectfully wonder about cases where forensic astrology has been valuable in solving a case.

I'm going to read through it again.

Thanks!

Thank you for the welcome, Reannan. I know that you enjoyed growing up in Clemson. Clemson is a beautiful place and a great place to go to school. Back to the topic, I hope that Dail's case will be solved one day soon so that her family can have some closure.

Just a quick update that I finally received a response to my email:

Dear Masterj

Several months ago you sent this inquiry. I had a 2005 note in my files that a comparison had already been made and there was no possibility of a match. After your inquiry I tracked down the original communications to confirm my note, and this is not a match.

Thanks, anyway, and sorry for the delay.

Emily

Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 5:41 PM
To: Craig, Emily (Justice)
Subject: Agency Case Number: FA-2005-41 NCIC Number: U-280016921
Importance: High

Agency Case Number: FA-2005-41

NCIC Number:
U-280016921

Dear Emily,

I am writing to you in regard to the case listed above, a Jane Doe found in Shively, Kentucky on July 22, 2005. I belong to an online forum called Websleuths and one of our posters thought this unidentified Jane Doe might be Dail Dinwiddy who disappeared from Columbia, SC on 9-24-1992. A link to her information is included below. The poster noted that the noses are very similar and the height was close enough in range to be considered. Do you know if Dail has been ruled out as Jane Doe? Dail’s case is very dear to me as she disappeared from SC right before I started looking at SC colleges. I remember seeing her missing posters everywhere and years later, her case drew me to www.websleuths.com.

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300354W

Thank you very much for your time,

Sincerely,
Masterj

I have to admit that I'm a bit skeptical of this particular *scenario*, not of forensic astrology itself or this woman's talents as a forensic astrologer. (Yeah, I know astrology isn't for everyone but I'm personally interested in it.)

On the other hand, it's been brought up here more than once that the bouncer at the club may have known more than he was letting on. I *wish* that there was some way to get the police report and find out whether they investigated the backgrounds of the people working at the club. Also, the fact that she mentioned something about Dail not being far from home...well, a lot of us here know that those neighborhoods around Dail's house are just scary and overgrown and it probably wouldn't be very difficult to hide someone in one of those houses even if there *were* people canvassing the neighborhood during the first days of Dail's disappearance.

It seems like this would be a fairly easy thing to unravel if we had some names of people who worked at the club that night and whether we could tie them to someone who owned a house in that particular neighborhood--and whether that person had an applicable criminal record. Even then it wouldn't directly lead us to Dail.

I just don't know what to do with this info. Nothing, I guess.

I'm by no means in to the stuff, but I don't see why there would be an issue on posting forensic astrology stuff... one of our members is doing charts for the Caylee case, so it should be fine here.

Welcome Clemsongrad... I was born and raised in the CSRA... was just down there in June to watch my daughter graduate.

Oh, I forgot what I was intending to post: on that site it says that Dail's father found her radio and light on, but the bed unmade, the next morning. To me that sounds like she may have made it home turning the radio on once in her room, then stepped back out for what could have been a quick moment, but something happened. (unless she was known for leaving stuff on in her room, thus the radio and light was on the whole time she was at the U2 concert... so them being found on may mean nothing)

I think she left the light on when she left for the concert, and I believe the radio was one because it was an alarm radio. My daughter's, and my own radio come on every morning, unless I tell it not to.

I think she left the light on when she left for the concert, and I believe the radio was one because it was an alarm radio. My daughter's, and my own radio come on every morning, unless I tell it not to.

I totally agree.

16 years ago today Dail went missing. Prayers for her family and friends.

Wanted to post/store this here before it disappears and also want to state that I have no reason to believe or disbelieve the poster Donnieatlex, I'm just copying and pasting for info.

This is from a comment/blog on wltx.com and the remarks are in response to this article

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=66559&catid=2
"Human Remains Found in Calhoun County"

poster ThatsBS wrote wondering if these remains could be Dail and said

I wonder about Dail too. I have wondered if the cops ever checked the old tunnel system that runs underneath Five Points for her. Her mom does a good job of keeping her story in the news every so often. I wish they'd find out what happened to her so that her parents could have some closure.

this is a reply further down the blog from Donnieatlex

Donnieatlex wrote

"Dale Dinwiddie is dead. They know who killed her. He is also the prime suspect in the kidnapping and murder of the Marchant girl. He lives in Rosewood and made a living for most of his life working as a professional informant for Richland, Lexington and Horry County narcotics. I am afraid they will never bring charges against him. He was my brother's best friend."

Then after someone questioned the above Donnieatlex replied with

Wont print his name, but I have spoken with local law and the FBI. My brother is dead now, and we never could convince him to tell what he knew. I beat him so badly over this that I was originally charged with attempted murder. They dropped the charges as soon as they found out what it was about. The suspect flees when he sees me or my vehicle, but I dont intend to do anything to him. My brother did state flat out that he knew for a fact that this guy did it. I said the only way you could know for sure was if you saw it. He said he knew for sure. My sisters and I immediately went to police. My brother was brought in and the matter has been followed as far as it can go. I am sure they are not looking at anyone else but this creep as a suspect. Everyone in Rosewood and Olympia, that grew up with us knows about this. He rarely leaves his moms home on Wando.

OK, I did a mapquest on the info about Wando Street in Columbia, SC and from Jungle Jim's on Harden street to the 700 block of Wando St. (the block I chose because it is in the middle of the length of Wando) , it is a drive time of 6 minutes and estimated to be 2.06 miles. Course, it could be shorter depending on where on Wando you were going.

What a horrible and sad thing. And whats even worse is the family has no real closure. I will pray for this family. I will also pray that the person responsible comes forward.

Wishing and praying for closure in this case. Dail's family and friends deserve that much.

Thank you Brigitta. I never met Dail and don't know her family or friends, but I clearly remember when I heard about her case. I live about 50 miles from where this happened and the missing posters and pictures of her posted all over SC made a deep impression on me and her disappearance haunts me. I think Dail's disappearance was the first time that I realized that at the hands of evil, others really can just vanish. It's still hard to believe how many people this happens to on a regular basis.

Praying new info on Dail's case.
I had just moved to Sumter SC a couple of months before Dail went missing. I have always wondered what happened to her.

Sorry to keep adding so much, but I went to the myspace site of Willie, the guy who made the above one for Dail, and it's creepy---he's from Columbia, lives in Chicago now, is really into music and obviously drugs.

It's too late to edit the above but need to add that Willie is listed as living in Chicago, SC not Chicago, IL also, he's changed alot of what was on his myspace and it truly looks less like someone into drugs and I shouldn't be judging anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back