Identified! SC - Darlington Co., WhtFem 112UFSC, 19-35, Aug'00 - Michelle Haggadone

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
After being surprised by Buckskin Girl's nose when seen in profile, I am not going to presume, based only on a straight-on view, that Jill doesn't have a prominent nose.

Most definitely not. That WAS a surprise. And a lesson.

Jill has a kind of overall lopsided look to her that seems to match the deceased. Also, what you can see of her ears matches.

Any news on this one? The MP may have a prominent tip of the nose but the "flat" appearance of the bridge and the shadows (seen better in enhanced view) suggest she has a concave nose. Also she has a space between her teeth that is not listed on the UP. Update..anyone? Maybe a rule out list?
Thanks

Any news on this one? The MP may have a prominent tip of the nose but the "flat" appearance of the bridge and the shadows (seen better in enhanced view) suggest she has a concave nose. Also she has a space between her teeth that is not listed on the UP. Update..anyone? Maybe a rule out list?
Thanks

I got back in touch with Det. McLeod on Jun 21. He didn't have a rule-out list, and wasn't sure if she had been ruled out, but he took my info and said he'd look into it. That was a day when I had a few other LE contacts, and I didn't log it here because he didn't provide much info other than that he would look into it. He advised me to call him back in a few weeks to follow-up.

BTW, a couple of the recons (two upper left and the lower-left) look like there might be a slight gap, and the lower-right three do not show a gap. Are you sure that it's a gap in Jill's teeth and not just staining from smoking or from poor dental hygene? She appears to have dark spots on other locations of her teeth.

I got back in touch with Det. McLeod on Jun 21. He didn't have a rule-out list, and wasn't sure if she had been ruled out, but he took my info and said he'd look into it. That was a day when I had a few other LE contacts, and I didn't log it here because he didn't provide much info other than that he would look into it. He advised me to call him back in a few weeks to follow-up.

BTW, a couple of the recons (two upper left and the lower-left) look like there might be a slight gap, and the lower-right three do not show a gap. Are you sure that it's a gap in Jill's teeth and not just staining from poor dental hygene? She appears to have dark spots on other locations of her teeth.
Thanks Carl,
I did see that on the recon and it also appears UP has one front tooth a bit to the front of the other. I found this odd as it is said she had extensive dental (will check to made sure this is how it was worded) work and an over bite but no mention of a space. I am almost certain the MP has a space but more noticeable is the amount of gum area visible.
I didn't look for another photo of the MP but will do that.

I just checked the UP site. I think what I saw to be a forward tooth is nothing more than lighting. The page does say she had extensive dental work.
ETA Do you think the MP has lower set ears than the UP?

I can't find another photo of the MP, but it is the UP I am studying. Her cheeks, deep set eyes and eyebrows I just can't get out of my mind. It is like I have seen her. I think I have been on the pc too long today. :)

I just checked the UP site. I think what I saw to be a forward tooth is nothing more than lighting. The page does say she had extensive dental work.
ETA Do you think the MP has lower set ears than the UP?

Maybe, but the height at which one's ears appear to sit is greatly affected by the forward or backward tilt of the head, and the height of the camera.

You can check this for yourself by looking in the mirror and tilting your head back and then level. The tops of the ears normally sit at about eyebrow level and the lobes are approximately at an even plane with the bottom of the nose, but with the head tilted back, the tops appear to sit well below the eyebrows, and the lobes appear to be at mouth-level.

Both Jill's photo and the recon shown alongside her photo were taken from a high angle. However, In Jill's photo, she appears to have a neutral head tilt and the recon has a backward head tilt. This may create the illusion of lower-set ears.

Maybe, but the height at which one's ears appear to sit is greatly affected by the forward or backward tilt of the head, and the height of the camera.

You can check this for yourself by looking in the mirror and tilting your head back and then level. The tops of the ears normally sit at about eyebrow level and the lobes are approximately at an even plane with the bottom of the nose, but with the head tilted back, the tops appear to sit well below the eyebrows, and the lobes appear to be at mouth-level.

Both Jill's photo and the recon shown alongside her photo were taken from a high angle. However, In Jill's photo, she appears to have a neutral head tilt and the recon has a backward head tilt. This may create the illusion of lower-set ears.

It looks to me like it's close enough not to rule it out based on that alone. Even the best reconstruction has some approximation to it.

I made a follow-up call to Detective McLeod.

Jill Hernandez was ruled-out on dentals.

They have also looked at the following persons and ruled them out (he did not indicate the basis for the rule-outs).

Andrea Dean
Connie Quattlebaum
Sharon Medlin
Molly Bish
Barbara Finch
Suzanne Lyall
Claudia Ann Kirschhoch
Candy Komorowski

As far as I can tell, Sharon Medlin, Suzanne Lyall, and Claudia Kirschhoch are the only ones that I can find on my missing persons listing. I wonder if the others are still missing?

ETA: Molly Bish and Connie Quattlebaum were found deceased.

They have also looked at the following persons and ruled them out (he did not indicate the basis for the rule-outs).

Andrea Dean
Connie Quattlebaum
Sharon Medlin
Molly Bish
Barbara Finch
Suzanne Lyall
Claudia Ann Kirschhoch
Candy Komorowski

As far as I can tell, Sharon Medlin, Suzanne Lyall, and Claudia Kirschhoch are the only ones that I can find on my missing persons listing. I wonder if the others are still missing?

Molly Bish's remains were found in 2003: http://www.mollybish.org/

Andrea Dean
Connie Quattlebaum
Sharon Medlin
Molly Bish
Barbara Finch
Suzanne Lyall
Claudia Ann Kirschhoch
Candy Komorowski

ETA: Molly Bish and Connie Quattlebaum were found deceased.

Carl,

Have you happened to ask Detective McLeod about Christina Lewis being a possible match ? http://nampn.org/cases/lewis_christina.html

Carl,

Have you happened to ask Detective McLeod about Christina Lewis being a possible match ? http://nampn.org/cases/lewis_christina.html

Christina Lynn Lewis looks like a pretty good possible. The remains were probably too decomposed to detect the pierced navel or the pierced tongue, although if she had jewelry in the piercings, that would certainly have been noticed (although not necessarily noted in DoeNet).

She looks most like this recon, and keep in mind that the recon has a longer looking face due to the slacked jaw.

2625170540045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2558039450045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/112ufsc.html
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lewis_christina.html

Too bad we can't see what Christina's teeth look like....

Christina Lynn Lewis looks like a pretty good possible. The remains were probably too decomposed to detect the pierced navel or the pierced tongue, although if she had jewelry in the piercings, that would certainly have been noticed (although not necessarily noted in DoeNet).

She looks most like this recon, and keep in mind that the recon has a longer looking face due to the slacked jaw.

Carl, Have you heard anything back from Detective McLeod about this UID being a possible match to Christina Lewis?

Carl, Have you heard anything back from Detective McLeod about this UID being a possible match to Christina Lewis?

I left him an e-mail message, but he hasn't responded.

ETA: I also left a voicemail message just now (Jul 19 @ 4:00 PM EST).

After two e-mails and four telephone messages, I finally was able to speak with Lieutenant Hodges of the Darlington County Sheriff's Office. Apparently Capt. McLeod had been out of the office for several weeks.

I forwarded the e-mail to Lt. Hodges, and as he was waiting for it to come through, I explained why I thought this might be a good match.

When he received the e-mail, I asked him to open the attachment which included the side-by-side. When he did, he exclaimed "Oh Man!", and said that he would get right on this and show it to Capt. McLeod.

Damn, Carl. I have my fingers crossed for you and for the deceased young woman.

What are the identification possibilities for Christina Lynn Lewis? The UID has both dentals and DNA available.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back