Identified! SC - Darlington Co., WhtFem 112UFSC, 19-35, Aug'00 - Michelle Haggadone

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I bet if any of us had submitted the name based on demographics, it would have been summarily rejected as incompatible with the date lka.

I tried that with the Valentine Sally case and Jeanne Geneva Overstreet, telling the detective that they everything else looked so close that maybe there might be a mistake in the DLC.

He is normally pretty receptive to our tips, but he looked at the dates (Feb 82 discovery and Sep 82 DLC), and said "I don't think so".

The same thing happened with the Rosa Parks case, and also Blue Bandanna Girl.

So glad she's been identified. RIP.

I tried that with the Valentine Sally case and Jeanne Geneva Overstreet, telling the detective that they everything else looked so close that maybe there might be a mistake in the DLC.

He is normally pretty receptive to our tips, but he looked at the dates (Feb 82 discovery and Sep 82 DLC), and said "I don't think so".

perhaps you could revisit that one by citing this case to the detective as a real world example of how the date lka was off by like 4 months.

A little more expanded coverage with video this morning...

http://www2.scnow.com/news/pee-dee/...ify-body-found-11-years-ago-darli-ar-2403442/

Notable:

No items that would indicate her identity were found at the scene, and no missing persons reports had been filed in Darlington County for some time.

Riiiight, and that is why they said they were going to broaden the investigation to SE missing persons cases...

and now this, after it was <ahem> pointed out to the news organization the discrepancy...

Haggadone, 34, went missing in summer 2000 but wasn't reported missing by her family until January 2001, when they realized she hadn&#8217;t collected a large monetary settlement she was to receive.

....which, Cubby already proved this wasnt the case with the '2000' case file number.

Welcome to good old boy reportin'/law enforcin' in SC. Back scratching going on left and right to cover this blunder. Example of GOBN? This retired coroner they speak of this case 'haunting' all these years actually owned the local funeral home...how convenient... Let's just say I know a family sitting very well today for the decision to send a deceased crash victim to his business, have her on the table being embalmed before the immediate family was even notified of her death. Business boomed during his tenure, from what I hear.

Still glad she is found and family has some peace. I just despise messiness.

If my family member was missing and the online data on sites such as NAMUS, etc was incorrect, I would not stop harrassing someone until it was corrected. It appears this family wasn't very internet literate or was not very involved in trying to locate her.

Another SK??? And a truck driver. Wonder how many of of missings/UID's he is responsible for. Would like more details on this confession and why it appears to coincide with MH being ID'ed.

John Wayne Boyer:
john-wayne-boyer

Michelle's grave marker:

Attachments

• marker.jpg
    marker.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 89
From SeaNymph's post #84 above.

Haggadone, 34, went missing in summer 2000 but wasn't reported missing by her family until January 2001, when they realized she hadn’t collected a large monetary settlement she was to receive.

If Michelle's family really reported her missing in 2001, how was it the case file was assigned a number beginning with 2000?

I can understand the mistake of entering the DLC and date reported missing. It does not explain how the case was assigned a number for the year 2000. :banghead:

Additionally, I fully agree with webrocket's above post. Carl should resubmit the two possible matches LE wouldn't look at, with this case as the example of a possible mishap with mixing up the DLC and date reported missing.

I hate to think about how many missing persons have been found and not identified as a result of this type of mistake. :banghead: It infuriates me.

stillwatersc. Thank you so much for posting the picture of Michelle's grave marker. What a beautiful inscription. I'm glad the agency who found her remains never gave up. Kudo's to them for working so hard on this case and overcoming the enormous mistake made by the agency handling Michelle's MP case.

You guys all did really great work on this one, and I'm glad Michelle finally got her name back.

Having said that, mistakes like these make me really angry. I wonder if the family is aware - no doubt she would have been identified far sooner had the information been correct!

I am so glad she was finally identified (even though she should have been years ago if it weren't for the date discrepency.) This was one of my pet cases that I would check in on every so often to see if their were any new leads.

I agree that Carl should resumbit his possible matches, I think that if families wait to report their loved ones missing, they can maybe have the wrong date or on the UID side, the date the UID was found could be wrong if LE waits to put into the system.

I wonder how many people haven't been identified because of this whole date discrepency thing going on???

RIP Michelle

John Wayne Boyer is linked to 3 murders in three states now, NC, SC, and TN check out timeline, etc on News14.com

This is from Tuesday's news conference in Darlington, SC re: Michelle Haggadone

http://coastal.news14.com/content/646722/convicted-killer-confesses-to-murder-of-nc-woman

Couldn't get this video to work. Here's another video where they are discussing trying to link Boyer to other cold cases in the area. They show a speeding ticket he recieved in 2001 in California, so he could have been active all over the country!

http://triad.news14.com/content/loc...ined-following-multiple-charges-against-boyer

Does JWB remind anyone of Arthur Leigh Allen (suspected Zodiac?)

http://www2.scnow.com/news/pee-dee/...held-woman-identified-murder-vict-ar-2644856/

“A mother’s love never fades,” said Kathleen Haggadone, who said she has no plans to move her daughter’s remains closer to home in North Carolina. “She is at home,” said Kathleen Haggadone. “I share my child with you because she is yours, too.” She thanked Norton and Locklair for their tireless effort and for loving her daughter. “I can’t say enough about what they have done for me, my family and for Michelle,” she said. Locklair said he was grateful for the opportunity to close the case and to get to know Michelle’s family. “For 11 years, she was the “I-20 girl,” said Locklair. “Now she is Michelle Haggadone.” During Wednesday’s service, Norton’s remarks were short and poignant. “God does answer prayers,” Norton said.
Following the memorial, a bouquet of white star-shaped balloons were handed to Haggadone’s young granddaughter, who released them one-by-one into a cloudless morning sky in honor of the grandmother she will never meet, at least not here on earth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TRussell
Back