Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stepped away from Websleuths for a bit, because sometimes the pain is overwhelming. However, I read about this sweet girl being found dead and I don't know that much about this case, so I needed to come here. I knew everyone here would be up to speed.

I've read some posts from all three threads, but I can't read them all. I saw references to the presser and to a video of Faye coming off the bus. If anyone has those near at hand, would you repost them? Thank you.

Also, Droctagon89, thank you for the information. Had you ever met him through your friend, the roommate? (If it's ok for you to answer).
There have been several press conferences. Are you looking for one from today? (There were two.) Here is the video of Faye getting off the bus:

WIS News 10 on Twitter
This news is hitting the entire community very hard. Little Faye Swetlik was found dead after disappearing from her front yard while she played. This is what we know >> http://bit.ly/39vp75P
3:13 PM - 13 Feb 2020

6-year-old Faye Swetlik found dead after disappearing from front yard in Cayce, S.C.
JGWZN3DRIJD6DFPMBVV5GJV3ZQ.jpg

Faye Swetlik disappeared from her Cayce, S.C., home on Monday afternoon.
(Source: Cayce Department of Public Safety)

[...]

Thursday, Faye’s body was found somewhere in her neighborhood. Officers have launched a homicide investigation related to her death, but did not share how she died.

Police also said the body of a deceased male was found near Faye’s body and an investigation has started in that case. They did not, however, directly relate the cases at this time. That person has not been identified.

There is no danger to the community, police said. No arrests have been made at this time.
Such a sad outcome again.....just heartbreaking.

Fly High Sweet Faye!

I think the perp was doing alright until the news and footage of the cars was released. He then probably realised he was on borrowed time and would be eventually found so took his own life.

I agree with the post above. I think he left a suicide note and wrote where he hid her body, and the police were able to use it to find her.

IF this deceased man is the perp...I can understand killing himself in a panic, but WHY kill the girl too?? If you’re dead there’s no trial or jail or whatever you’re fearing. I just don’t understand why Faye had to die too...

I believe the majority of it is in Lexington. I do know Lexington County was helping with the investigation.
All of Cayce is in Lexington County.
EDIT: I was apparently wrong. It looks like some area across the Congaree River (in Richland County) has been annexed. When I was growing up here, Cayce was in Lexington County.

Last edited:
IF this deceased man is the perp...I can understand killing himself in a panic, but WHY kill the girl too?? If you’re dead there’s no trial or jail or whatever you’re fearing. I just don’t understand why Faye had to die too...
Most likely the child killed within first few hours of disappearance and the perp committed suicide days later because he didn’t want to face the consequences. Moo

Heartbroken for this family and all that loved Faye.

We now of course have more questions than answers.

For one- how in the world could they have only just discovered her within a one mile radius- with 250 LEO, k-9s and aerial coverage? It is my understanding they had kept all search efforts within the actual neighborhood and only just opened the search beyond 1 mile today.

I saw one mention of the location where she was discovered as being just off the interstate, on a side street. Possible off Nelson road I believe? Can anyone verify?

My gut told me from the beginning that the neighborhood being so close to Interstate 26 would be a prime target for a sexual predator, especially the time of day when she disappeared. Anyone with this MO would see it as the perfect target area for its multiple access points and being so close to the exit.

The timeline according to independent witnesses (not just the family) didn’t leave enough time for an incident to have occurred in the home, and been properly covered up so as to not leave evidence that LE could act upon. IMO

assuming the two deaths are related-

Two likely scenarios- The first being that Faye was indeed abducted. The neighborhood was locked down as early as 5:30pm- the perp may have realized he was not going to get away and took his own life.

the second is that someone saw the attempt and killed the perp. I’m hoping for the second because the didn’t deserve to take his own life.

this is reminding me a lot of Jessica Lunsford, RIP.

These are the days I wish I had my real FBI agent, my grandfather to talk to. He would have invaluable insight. Although I am sure we wouldn’t have been able to stop him from driving up to Cayce and trying to help. I could barely keep myself from getting in the car myself. I guess that’s where I get it from.

His statement was in general. Antley said that in this type of investigation they are going to search houses...they are going to tow vehicles. (paraphrasing) MOO
Yes, that's what I thought. I thought OP was saying LE explained the reason, meaning the specific evidence that led them to search the vehicles.

Most likely the child killed within first few hours of disappearance and the perp committed suicide days later because he didn’t want to face the consequences. Moo
Good point...I’m burned out from school and work and this news makes it worse. I don’t know why I was thinking she was alive and he killed her and then himself out of panic. Static’s are unfortunately accurate when they say how crucial those first hours are in child abductions.

My take: whoever abducted Faye may have targeted her specifically, but more likely it was a crime of opportunity. He likely would have taken any young, unaccompanied girl given the chance. I think he probably assaulted her and killed her within the first couple hours. Then either stashed her body in the woods or somewhere on his property. But the police were coming around asking questions and he knew he'd be caught (due to scratches, no alibi, DNA, etc. or possibly because her body was still at his property. I think police aren't releasing the deceased man's name because: 1) they want to make sure he wasn't set up to take the fall by the actual perpetrator and 2) make sure nobody else was involved. JMO. RIP sweet Faye

Many child sexual predators know they have stolen their victims innocence and want to rectify what they’ve done (in some way) by killing the victim so they don’t have to live with the pain of the assault. Many were abused themselves and know what it will be like to grow up with that trauma.

of course I’m not making any excuses But just trying to explain the physiological profile of someone who might commit these types of murders

They said that they were working with the FBI, who had a process, and that towing these vehicles was a normal part of an investigation like this.
Thanks! I thought maybe there was certain evidence found that led them to search the cars. I waited an hour for the PC to start and then missed it. By the time I got back on there were already about 50 posts.

If he is the killer then he may have acted impulsively and never thought about ending his life until he realized there was no way out. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia