Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t. If they were found in a house as rumors suggest, then his ID should be obvious, right? Maybe they are trying to locate family before announcing? Or maybe he had nothing to do with Faye’s death. I just want to know WHO he is... I can’t investigate until I have a name.
I've also wondered if she was in fact found in one of the townhouse units, was it vacant? Or did someone live there, the dead man? I'm waiting for more information. I have so many questions.

If LEO knows who the “deceased male” is... I would imagine that someone if not several residents would already be posting his ID on social media, but they aren’t. Why? Several neighbors have been giving interviews.
I am skeptic, still not sure that “deceased male” is involved. I think neighbors would be crucifying him if he lived nearby, thanking God he hadn’t hurt one of their children.

FEB 13, 2020
Investigators recover body of 6-year-old missing S.C. girl, male
[...]

Late Thursday afternoon, Lexington County School District 2 released a statement on Swetlik's death:

We are heart-broken with news of the death of Faye Swetlik, a first-grade student at Springdale Elementary, who went missing earlier this week. When the school community experiences a tragedy like the loss of a child, it deeply affects all of us.

Below please find information we sent to our families this afternoon. We will not have further public comment or interviews in coming days, as we focus on supporting our Springdale students, faculty and staff.

We thank all of the law enforcement agencies that have worked tirelessly this week to bring Faye home. As this investigation is ongoing, we ask anyone who might have information that would help law enforcement to call the hotline at 803-205-4444.

Last edited:
My thinking is slightly different. I think this will follow the usual pattern, and Faye was murdered within hours of her abduction.

I think the killer likely wanted to dump the body, but was unable to with law enforcement swarming the neighborhood.

So I think she’s been dead for a couple days, and this guy killed himself more recently, as he realized law enforcement was likely to find her body in his house.

Anything is possible though, obviously.
I agree, and statistics back that up. MOO

Elite FBI team helps find missing children
"If a child is going to be murdered, statistics show, if a child is going to be killed and approximately 75% of the time that will occur in the first 3 hours," DiCaprio said.

Genevieve Curtis on Twitter
Tonight there is a growing memorial for #FayeMarieSwetlik outside of her Springdale Elementary school. People have been gathering, hugging one another. @wsoctv
EQsqIBkXkAYnvWn.jpg

8:00 PM - 13 Feb 2020

I agree, and statistics back that up. MOO

Elite FBI team helps find missing children
"If a child is going to be murdered, statistics show, if a child is going to be killed and approximately 75% of the time that will occur in the first 3 hours," DiCaprio said.
And as high as those odds are, I think they’re higher here.

This little girl was still in her neighborhood, with law enforcement crawling all over. Even if she wasn’t dead before they arrived, I don’t see too many people taking the chance of concealing a living child.

I’d be stunned if she was alive for any significant length of time.

I am a native South Carolinian. I really object about the total attack of a sleepy little town like Cayce. Cayce has about 14,000 people with an average income of $50,000. Hard to tell where Cayce and West Columbia come together. But they are both suburbs of Columbia. I know a lot of GOOD people from that area. Those policemen handled this in a very professional and dignified manner and involved SLED. They worked tirelessly to find her. To slam this community and then the State of SC is shameful.
I am so impressed in the way LE and the community addressed the missing and search for Little Faye. Many communities, especially other LE departments could learn from this example on how to search. I love the fact that vehicles were towed, houses were searched and researched the subdivision. I imagine that it’s particularly painful for the family when LE begins the investigation from ground zero and moves outwards. It is the best tactic.
I think back to Mighty Mick (Mickey Schnuck) who was murdered in Lafayette LA. Mickey’s family established a method for obtaining media attention, both social media and the press. There was no bashing of friends, family, LE, and the murderer. Sorry for the rant.

How absolutely horrible.

I believe LE did an amazing job from the start and they were relentless. It is apparent that they are as upset as the rest of us.

Now this is pure speculation on my part. During this mornings presser, it was said that they knocked on every door in the neighborhood. If they weren’t able to talk to the residents of a house, they were sending officers out every few hours to those houses to try to connect with those residents. WHAT IF, Faye was inside one of those houses and the pressure got to her captor leading him to take his own life. Initially I thought she was found outdoors; however, now I believe it was inside somewhere because they are stating there’s a tremendous amount of evidence to process. Again, this is pure speculation.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was what I was thinking about, too. Maybe there is some evidence in the woods, possibly a grave he had dug, or some of her clothing, but I think with the warm weather this week, she would have been found sooner if she was outside. Also, LE, might have put up the crime scene tape in back of the NAPA and kept NAPA employees away just to give them a big area in back of the houses where press and public could not come through the woods to tape/see, IOW, maybe there wasn't any evidence in the woods. Pure speculation. We will see.

Interesting that Faye's autopsy will be performed at MUSC in Charleston. Still leaving no stone unturned, I'm guessing. JMOO

Lexington County Coroner's Office

Faye’s body was found in the Churchill Heights neighborhood where she resided and was last seen playing outside on the afternoon of February 10, 2020. According to Coroner Fisher, an autopsy will be conducted on February 15, 2020 at MUSC in Charleston.

If LEO knows who the “deceased male” is... I would imagine that someone if not several residents would already be posting his ID on social media, but they aren’t. Why? Several neighbors have been giving interviews.
I am skeptic, still not sure that “deceased male” is involved. I think neighbors would be crucifying him if he lived nearby, thanking God he hadn’t hurt one of their children.
They may have been asked not to speak to the press.

And as high as those odds are, I think they’re higher here.

This little girl was still in her neighborhood, with law enforcement crawling all over. Even if she wasn’t dead before they arrived, I don’t see too many people taking the chance of concealing a living child.

I’d be stunned if she was alive for any significant length of time.

Agreed.

IMO, whatever motivated the person to take the child, they want to get it done. The world is so cruel sometimes.

I don’t. If they were found in a house as rumors suggest, then his ID should be obvious, right? Maybe they are trying to locate family before announcing? Or maybe he had nothing to do with Faye’s death. I just want to know WHO he is... I can’t investigate until I have a name.
In these type of deaths, decedents official identification will be by the coroner and requires more than Id found inside his home. I don’t think it will be long before we learn the male’s name from coroner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia