Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lexington County Coroner confirms Faye Swetlik’s body was found at 11 a.m. today. An autopsy is scheduled for Saturday. No info. has been released on the male’s body also found in the subdivision.

Cody Alcorn on Twitter

Attachments

• 8B592270-B466-4D65-B631-ABB270E272A9.jpeg
    8B592270-B466-4D65-B631-ABB270E272A9.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 209
Many of us here are in agreement with you that this is a very likely scenario.
If he even took his own life.

In a perfect society every single animal who mindlessly, opportunistically victimizes a random innocent child could expect to so immediately find their back against a wall.

There is no place in our society for actual monsters.

CAYCE, S.C. (WIS) - Police shared the tragic news that 6-year-old Faye Swetlik was found dead Thursday, not far from where she was last seen.

Police also said the body of a deceased male was found in the same neighborhood, and an investigation has started in that case. They did not, however, directly relate the cases at this time. That person has not been identified.

6-year-old Faye Swetlik found dead after disappearing from front yard in Cayce, S.C.

Evening live reporter outside Churchill Heights entrance states there is still a police presence blocking the entrance to the neighborhood. LE still seeking surveillance and calls to tipline emphasizing there are two on-going investigations.
Obviously NOT so clear cut, open/shut. Can’t believe anyone would criticize these LEO’s ... they are diligent and determined to get it right.

First of all, I want to say my heart breaks for FS’s family. How absolutely horrible.

I believe LE did an amazing job from the start and they were relentless. It is apparent that they are as upset as the rest of us.

Now this is pure speculation on my part. During this mornings presser, it was said that they knocked on every door in the neighborhood. If they weren’t able to talk to the residents of a house, they were sending officers out every few hours to those houses to try to connect with those residents. WHAT IF, Faye was inside one of those houses and the pressure got to her captor leading him to take his own life. Initially I thought she was found outdoors; however, now I believe it was inside somewhere because they are stating there’s a tremendous amount of evidence to process. Again, this is pure speculation.

That’s my theory as well-the pressure closed in and the perp took her life and then his own. I wish he had just scooted her out the front door and taken his own life. Let the poor child live. Don’t take her life, just end your own. This poor sweet little girl. My heart aches for her. I hope LE finds answers and can provide those to the family quickly.

Candace Scalese on Twitter
I think one of the hardest things about losing #FayeMarieSwetlik is that until this afternoon, we still had hope. This is truly a tragedy that’s affecting not only our community, but people across the nation. My heart is aching tonight.
EQsnQMFWkAEoc6f.jpg

7:47 PM - 13 Feb 2020

That’s my theory as well-the pressure closed in and the perp took her life and then his own. I wish he had just scooted her out the front door and taken his own life. Let the poor child live. Don’t take her life, just end your own. This poor sweet little girl. My heart aches for her. I hope LE finds answers and can provide those to the family quickly.
My thinking is slightly different. I think this will follow the usual pattern, and Faye was murdered within hours of her abduction.

I think the killer likely wanted to dump the body, but was unable to with law enforcement swarming the neighborhood.

So I think she’s been dead for a couple days, and this guy killed himself more recently, as he realized law enforcement was likely to find her body in his house.

Anything is possible though, obviously.

My thinking is slightly different. I think this will follow the usual pattern, and Faye was murdered within hours of her abduction.

I think the killer likely wanted to dump the body, but was unable to with law enforcement swarming the neighborhood.

So I think she’s been dead for a couple days, and this guy killer himself more recently. Anything is possible though, obviously.

That’s a very real possibility as well...both heartbreaking to consider, but extremely plausible.

I think he’s deceased because he committed the crime.
I don’t. If they were found in a house as rumors suggest, then his ID should be obvious, right? Maybe they are trying to locate family before announcing? Or maybe he had nothing to do with Faye’s death. I just want to know WHO he is... I can’t investigate until I have a name.

So I think she’s been dead for a couple days, and this guy killed himself more recently, as he realized law enforcement was likely to find her body in his house.

Anything is possible though, obviously.
My thoughts exactly.

I don’t. If they were found in a house as rumors suggest, then his ID should be obvious, right? Maybe they are trying to locate family before announcing? Or maybe he had nothing to do with Faye’s death. I just want to know WHO he is... I can’t investigate until I have a name.
I’m sure law enforcement knows exactly who he is. I don’t think that’s the issue. They likely don’t want to accuse a man of murder, without being sure that’s the case.

There’s also the matter of positive identification, and family notification.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member