Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Faye was able to obtain DNA from the person that killed her under her fingernails. DNA is the only way they will know if CT was killed as a setup or if he’s guilty.
They can also tell by whether or not his COD was murder or suicide. Either way I'm sure they will be able to definitively name the killer tomorrow. Imo

Last edited:
FEB 17, 2020
Memorial service set for Faye Swetlik
[...]

“Faye was a very smart little girl, very determined little girl, and just a beautiful sweet spirit. That’s what we want to capture Friday,” said Pastor Eddie Coakley with Trinity Baptist Church Cayce.

At 7 p.m. Friday, Trinity Baptist Church will hold a memorial service for Faye Swetlik. Faye’s family is asking everyone to wear bright colors.

[...]

The church also said the service will be appropriate for children.

[...]

They also say some of Faye’s favorite songs will play during the service.

“I hope everybody who comes leaves like they know Faye a little better and they know how very much God loves them,” said Coakley.

FEB 17, 2020
Skating rink holds fundraiser for family of Faye Swetlik
[...]

The management says Faye and her mother used to come here quite often, so they felt they needed to do something.

Manager AP went to school with Faye’s parents and says this fundraiser was needed.

[...]

“I understand it’s a tough time and I wanted to make sure that I could donate our money for all things that they’re going to have come up,” she says.

[...]

A memorial for Faye Swetlik on Airport Blvd. continues to grow
Balloons, flowers, stuffed animals and messages are part of a temporary memorial that continues to grow in memory of six year old Faye Swetlik.

CM brought his 8-year-old daughter to take a moment to remember an important lesson.

“I just wanted my daughter to see the fact that love wins, god wins. It’s hard to fathom what a father and mom go through when they lose a child and it’s very difficult. I don’t know how to explain it," says CM.

[...]

Neighbors, employers of Coty Taylor speak out
As the investigation continues into Coty Taylor, WACH FOX News delved deeper into his history and confirmed he worked at a Wingstop in West Columbia until his death.

He started out as a shift lead in June of 2016 and was promoted to general manager of the restaurant at a later date.

[...]

Feb 17, 2020

COLUMBIA, SC (WACH) -- — As the investigation continues into Coty Taylor, WACH FOX News delved deeper into his history and confirmed he worked at a Wingstop in West Columbia until his death.

He started out as a shift lead in June of 2016 and was promoted to general manager of the restaurant at a later date.

[..]

Taylor also worked at Jimmy Johns until 2015 and graduated from Bluffton High School in 2007. He later withdrew from USC's Columbia campus in 2009.

https://wach.com/news/local/neighbors-employers-of-coty-taylor-speak-out

Not making any assumptions about CT except that he most likely took his own life.

It appears there was something or someone that happened 11 years ago in his life that interrupted his education plan where he withdrew from University and never returned.

CT's alternative to a degree appears to have been managing fast-food chain restaurants which I think is far more difficult than student life-- given the extended business hours and dealing with a workforce usually made up of youth employees and high staff turnover rate. Employee reviews consistently cite difficulty to maintain a life outside of work in this position.

I'll be interested to learn if CT's death was a shock to his family, friends, co-workers or what their perception was. MOO

Man linked to death of S.C. girl graduated from Bluffton High School

FEB 17, 2020

The small community Coty Taylor lived in is surrounded by streets like Friendship Lane. Children play in their front yard and neighbors stay for 30 or more years.

Those who knew the family say they can’t stop looking for updates. Hoping for the best, fearing the worst.

Taylor has been linked to the death of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik, who vanished from her yard last week and her body was found in a wooded area near her home days later.

Police found the body of 30-year-old Taylor in his home.

[..]

Neighbors didn’t want to go on camera out of respect for the family they knew over a decade ago. But for those who knew Taylor’s family, they say they are shocked at the recent events.

Longtime residents say Taylor was quiet, smart, and ambitious. Neighbors recall his interest in robotics and how he seemed to have a good relationship with his three younger siblings. They say even though he seemed to be a bit of a loner, they thought he’d found his niche in science and math.

Wow, wow, wow. So much love!
t4521.gif

FEB 17, 2020
Midlands men in helicopter offer touching perspective of Swetlik motorcade
[...]

Todd Cockrell and Cliff Fisher took to the sky on Saturday as the motorcade entered Orangeburg County, following it up Interstate 26 before exiting in Lexington County.

“It was an experience to see it because it was very moving, chills almost go over you when you see it,” Cockrell said. “All those guys…what they did to honor her. It was moving.”

Fisher owns the helicopter and paid for the fuel to make the flight. Cockrell said the goal was to provide the public with an aerial perspective of the touching tribute for the slain six-year-old.

“Just flying over knowing she was in that car…at one point I was glad I wasn’t in control of the copter because my eyes got a little blurry,” he said. ”I turned and looked at Cliff and we couldn’t look at each other very long so we turned away.”

[...]
The support from the community has been so overwhelmingly amazing it matches the overwhelming sadness and despair of the murder of an innocent big eyed red haired little girl that went outside to play.
I’m so happy that the bus driver was giving the kids candy that day.

I have been combing through these threads and can't seem to find it so forgive me if I missed it but, has the autopsy results for CT come out yet?

I noticed while looking at a map posted here that Waffle House was right by Wingstop. :(
Not really. The Waffle House is close to I-26, but the Wingstop is several blocks away in a small strip mall on the opposite side of the road. Waffle Houses are everywhere. There are two on Airport Blvd. (hwy 302), one very close to the entrance of Churchill Heights. ETA: The Waffle House can be seen in the background of yesterday's MSM video: New videos show Faye Swetlik’s bubbly personality as the community continues to mourn
This is across the road from the entrance to the neighborhood. The one closer to the Wingstop is on another road.

Last edited:
Faye’s mom, dad & grandma are heavy on my thoughts this am. There’s been some strong posts about whether autopsy should be released or kept private, with all kinds of thoughts about dignity, who should decide, when to release, etc. The more I think about it, the more I think today’s release is the best plan.

If LE/family never release it, speculation NEVER stops- and what family needs that? By getting it out in the open, people will chatter/post/opine a bit & then it will fade away so the family can grieve in peace. I think the chatter will be 90% over by Faye’s funeral Friday. Jmvho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem