Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of information that is not known to us and many ways a neighbor could be familiar with little Faye.
•Faye visited neighbor to talk or perhaps talk to another person that lived there.
•Neighbor had a pet that Faye liked.
•Neighbor or other person in home were known to Faye’s mother via work or perhaps dated?
Just general thoughts. Not directed at any particular neighbor. MOO

my daughter LOVES waffles drenched in butter. Absolutely NO syrup. I always thought that to be weird because duh... syrup is the bombdotcom.

I too will wear purple & pink for Faye. The people at work think I’m weird for being so invested in this tragedy. And it’s hard to explain my sadness for this family. I’m not crazy am I??
No, you have a heart!❤️

Tim Scott on Twitter
Here’s a look at the memorial taking shape outside the Churchill Heights subdivision honoring Faye Swetlik. We’ve seen several people stop by in the rain this morning to add to the memorial and say a prayer.
EREVg8IWkAA4bXd.jpg
EREVg8lXUAAMq7m.jpg
EREVg8KWoAEeCqI.jpg

10:20 AM - 18 Feb 2020 from Springdale, SC

I drove by yesterday. It's so much bigger and more overwhelming in person. I didn't stop, I don't feel I have a right to despite my sadness. What struck me about it all was how ordinary where she lived is. I saw the Circle K. This happened in an ordinary neighborhood on an ordinary day, and it just feels so wrong.

Again, I usually use this link to watch for live updates on Faye Swetlik
Watch Live Newscasts
Also, the press conference was moved to 3pm today.

Faye Swetlik's grandmother mentioned "if people would like to donate money, just go into any Wells Fargo bank and just say her name." (Faye Swetlik)
I am assuming that is local and not nationwide. I cannot imagine the banks in Chicago knowing what I was referring to. The case has not been covered really here locally.

Last edited:
Again, I usually use this link to watch for live updates on Faye Swetlik
Watch Live Newscasts

Faye Swetlik's grandmother mentioned "if people would like to donate money, just go into any Wells Fargo bank and just say her name." (Faye Swetlik)
I am assuming that is local and not nationwide. I cannot imagine the banks in Chicago knowing what I was referring to. The case has not been covered really here locally.
It is nationwide. I donated at WF from Oregon even though they are not my bank. The local WF bank here called a SC WF.

Nothing new, really. Just sharing some of what I'm seeing. :)

Rochelle Dean TV on Twitter
.@abc_columbia will have a crew at the 3pm news conference with all of the latest details from the case, including autopsy results on 6 year old #FayeSwetlik
8:51 AM - 18 Feb 2020

Greg Suskin on Twitter (Video)
The memorial for Faye Swetlik is now so big it stretches down the entrance island in her Cayce neighborhood. I just saw someone adding to it in the rain. This afternoon we’ll hear some very difficult details about her death, but hopefully get some questions answered as well.
11:27 AM - 18 Feb 2020

Autopsy reports on dead 6-year-old Cayce girl, neighbor expected Tuesday
Autopsy results for the 6-year-old Cayce girl found dead in the woods near her home and a neighbor linked to her disappearance will be released Tuesday, the Lexington County Coroner said.

EK on Twitter
Evan Antley of Cayce DPS says there will be a "significant" update on the Faye Swetlik case at 3 p.m., including discussion of preliminary autopsies on Faye and Coty Taylor
12:06 PM - 18 Feb 2020

ABC Columbia on Twitter (Video)
#DEVELOPING: Count on #ABCColumbia to bring you the latest on the #FayeSwetlik homicide investigation. Autopsy results for the 6-year-old will be released today at 3 p.m. Find coverage on this tragic story on http://abccolumbia.com or our mobile app.
12:13 PM - 18 Feb 2020

I know this has been discussed and I apologize for the repetition. I just want to clarify with anyone that has already found the answers to this, as I can’t remember where exactly it was discussed.

Does anyone know if Faye’s parents would have been able to object to the cause of death being released by the coroner and/or police? I remember something about HIPAA laws only applying to medical professionals.. just wanted to see if they had any say over the information being released by the coroner/police. I would feel too guilty to watch the press conference if her parents didn’t want the information released.. but I know that I’ll eventually see/hear it anyhow. All JMO. Again, sorry for the repetition as I know this has been previously discussed.

I know this has been discussed and I apologize for the repetition. I just want to clarify with anyone that has already found the answers to this, as I can’t remember where exactly it was discussed.

Does anyone know if Faye’s parents would have been able to object to the cause of death being released by the coroner and/or police? I remember something about HIPAA laws only applying to medical professionals.. just wanted to see if they had any say over the information being released by the coroner/police. I would feel too guilty to watch the press conference if her parents didn’t want the information released.. but I know that I’ll eventually see/hear it anyhow. All JMO. Again, sorry for the repetition as I know this has been previously discussed.

I don't know the actual answer to your question, but based on how this case has been handled I would think if they did not NEED to release this information to find their guy, and the parents objected to sharing it, they wouldn't share it. JMO.

I am selfish and curious, I want to know every little detail but I am not entitled to know that.
It should be the opposite. There's no good reason for wanting to know every little detail but you are entitled to. FOIA made that perfectly clear but in the state of South Carolina there are no centralized medical examiner report databases and every county I know of requires requests to be made via conventional mail using county specific forms that in many cases are not even available online which is how states minimize their federal obligations.

Something that I was thinking of this morning was why hide Faye's body? I was reading an article that states they believe that Faye's body was placed where it was found after a piece of evidence was found in the trash....so obviously he knew they were closing in on him. But IF he committed suicide due to police closing in on him, why go to the trouble of hiding the body? Was it merely to cause more pain to the parents of her and not being able to locate her still? If he had planned on committing suicide when they were closing in, what difference would it of been to him had her remains been with him or hidden?

EDIT: Hiding the body would risk getting caught and not being able to commit suicide...kind of where I am going with this.
Probably when he hid the body he still held out hope for escaping prosecution. The body was found in a previously searched area. This is somewhat common for "smart" killers to do but these agents were totally diligent and thorough. When the body was found and additional physical evidence was found leading the investigation back toward him he realized there was no way out.

The amazing professionalism of these investigators in this small county is truly inspiring and only makes it that much more painfully clear that this was not something that could have been prevented.

Unfortunately, Autopsy results will most likely not answer the real question we all want to know, and that is 'why?'
Evil. That's the truest answer you're going to get barring the discovery of journals. He failed to control the darkness inside him and suddenly let it take full control of him. That sort of unexpected major psychopathic break is high on the list of most terrifying things that ever happen in civilized society. He probably walked right past people with her and no one even saw him because not only did he have no official suspicious record, nothing about him even looked at all out of the ordinary. Horrifying.

My biggest question is how he managed to lure her to his house without anyone witnessing it. Assuming CT is the perp this will never been answered because he never had a chance to be interviewed.

we don’t know that Faye was lured to any house, by anyone. She might have walked thru the back or even down the street.
Iirc mom or someone said Faye liked to visit with a neighbor. Moo

2 hours everyone. The press conference is in 2 hours. (I figured that's be helpful for those not in this time zone.)

I'm going to suggest everyone take a break. Walk away. Do anything you have to do today. Get something to eat. That way when the press conference starts you won't be running to the restroom or having to switch out laundry or whatever. Because it's going to get hectic afterwards.

My prayers continue to be with all of Faye's family, friends, community, and for all of LE who came to love Faye as their own child.

It's a perfect example how an abundance of love can abounded even in the worst, and most evil of times.

When the PC is held today they will only tell the public how each died.

Out of respect for Faye's parents, and others they will not reveal the motive why Faye was kidnapped, and murdered nor will they release any other felony crimes committed against her by this man.

Imo, I don't have to be verbally told the motive by LE of this evil doer.

I've followed enough cases for many decades involving children being abducted, and murdered with the offender being a stranger to already know what his deviant depraved motive was.

It's too bad he took the cowardly way out to avoid facing the criminal justice system knowing if he faced the truth being exposed he would be the most hated suspect in his community.

But at least it spares Faye's broken, and shattered parents from hearing, and seeing what all their beautiful little baby girl had to endure before he took away her precious life.

Also his own parents, and family wont have to see or hear what he did to a totally innocent child.

He wanted all of it to remain hidden with his deep dark secrets dying with him.

Of course the investigators all know, and it's obvious whatever she endured even brought them to their knees emotionally affecting them forever. Many have children or grandchildren Faye's age. God bless them all.

I've seen so many seasoned detectives on numerous crime channels...who have seen the worst of the worst most of us will never see or even begin to comprehend, yet they still cry about the murder cases involving children even if they happened decades ago. The hurt or trauma they feel never goes away. So my prayers are with all of them involved in Faye's heart shattering case.

I was watching a case on ID yesterday where another young child had been abducted, and murdered. The father expressed his feelings so well through his tears when he said these murderers dont kill only one victim, they kill countless others at the same time who feel like their lives also have ended. :(

Jmho

2 hours everyone. The press conference is in 2 hours. (I figured that's be helpful for those not in this time zone.)

I'm going to suggest everyone take a break. Walk away. Do anything you have to do today. Get something to eat. That way when the press conference starts you won't be running to the restroom or having to switch out laundry or whatever. Because it's going to get hectic afterwards.
I expect something to leak regarding CT's autopsy over the next hour or so. Just the way these things normally go.

I am really curious re the timeline. It was very tight. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member