Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Suskin on Twitter
The public remembrance service for Faye Swetlik Friday night will be very special. Her family wants it to be child friendly and for everyone to wear pink and purple to honor Faye. It will be at 7pm at Trinity Baptist Church in Cayce.
ERE5CSfXsAQQ1_r.jpg

12:55 PM - 18 Feb 2020

@Lillymac
The problem I have with Faye being in the house is that LE spoke to CT at his residence. Perhaps they didn't search it. We don't have much info . JMO
I'm not sure if they searched it or not either, but according to PC, they were in it. I just can't imagine where she was for that time if not in his house. But you're right, we just don't have all the details. I'm not sure we'll get them today either.
Was one of the cars that was towed away his? That vehicle has never been spoken of publically again. I hope they reveal what was found in the trash and why it led them back to 602. So many questions...

Respectfully, ppl cant control other ppl's actions. No family of a linked or named sp should be blamed. Perhaps childhood rearing was not the best but a monster made a sole decision to harm a child. Any monster needs to own that! JMO
I grew up with kids from both sides of the tracks. Two born with the proverbial silver spoon. Country club, cars, never had to work, best cloths, college paid for. One did time in Attica for selling heroin. The other found dead in his car with a needle in his arm. Five others father died while in Grade School. Struggled for everything and anything through HS. Only the youngest got in trouble for theft. All did or are doing well in life. Yea, parenting is important but is not everything and yes occasionally results in childrens bad choices but everyone is an individual and responsible for their choices in life.

I drove by yesterday. It's so much bigger and more overwhelming in person. I didn't stop, I don't feel I have a right to despite my sadness. What struck me about it all was how ordinary where she lived is. I saw the Circle K. This happened in an ordinary neighborhood on an ordinary day, and it just feels so wrong.
Sadly these evil, sadistic people live in all socioeconomic areas. Some kill in their own geographical area others don't. Whoever killed Faye kept her close. Evil lives in the ordinary neighborhood as well as the non ordinary ones. None are safe.

ADMIN NOTE:

Just a little hint ...

We try very hard not to close threads down when there is an important presser in the wings, but we do ban people who are not adhering to WS rules and Admin notes and reminders that have been posted numerous times throughout the threads.

Post accordingly or you may find yourself unable to post at all.

I expect something to leak regarding CT's autopsy over the next hour or so. Just the way these things normally go.

I wouldn't put much stock in any leaks until after the PC. I've already heard 2 completely contradictory stories. And let me be clear: stories are exactly what they are. Rumors run amok. And there is no realm where both could be true so clearly at least one is false which means to me both are false until official word. So it's my opinion to just disregard and wait.

My biggest question is how he managed to lure her to his house without anyone witnessing it. Assuming CT is the perp this will never been answered because he never had a chance to be interviewed.

Faye might have stayed in front of her house most days per her mother's rules but 6 year olds can wander,
"Just a little bit but then I came right back!"
For example, Faye could have seen and followed a cat to the area of her killer's home or apt. If her killer saw this happen while looking out a window or while approaching his house or apt from his car after arriving home, he could open his door and invite her in to visit "his cat." I have doubted all along that the killer left his home and somehow got Faye to quietly allow him to abduct her or trick her into following him home. Again, I think circumstances brought her right into the area of his home and he simply invited her in by using some excuse to entice her. (cat, Valentine's Day candy... etc.)

Andy Shain on Twitter
Speakers for #FayeSwetlik vigil at 5:30 tonight outside Cayce City Hall:
-Cayce Mayor Elise Partin
-Sarah Main, director of Lexington County Community Mental Health
-Hope Vrana, principal of Springdale Elementary where Faye was a first-grader
1:29 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Taggart Houck WYFF on Twitter
The memorial for Faye Swetlik outside Churchill Heights continues to grow. People from Cayce continuing to show support. @wyffnews4
ERFBl-_WoAEj-t6.jpg
ERFBl_PWsAEQWOH.jpg
ERFBl_oWsAAMd4Y.jpg

1:33 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Greg Suskin on Twitter
The public remembrance service for Faye Swetlik Friday night will be very special. Her family wants it to be child friendly and for everyone to wear pink and purple to honor Faye. It will be at 7pm at Trinity Baptist Church in Cayce.
ERE5CSfXsAQQ1_r.jpg

12:55 PM - 18 Feb 2020

This speaks volumes. A devastated mom, dad, g’ma are putting their own grief aside to put Faye’s friends first. They want these young children to be able to say a respectful goodbye without adding to any trauma. Top notch imo.

Something that I was thinking of this morning was why hide Faye's body? I was reading an article that states they believe that Faye's body was placed where it was found after a piece of evidence was found in the trash....so obviously he knew they were closing in on him. But IF he committed suicide due to police closing in on him, why go to the trouble of hiding the body? Was it merely to cause more pain to the parents of her and not being able to locate her still? If he had planned on committing suicide when they were closing in, what difference would it of been to him had her remains been with him or hidden?

EDIT: Hiding the body would risk getting caught and not being able to committ suicide...kind of where I am going with this.

I think he hid Faye's body first while still believing he could get away with murdering her. Later, (post trash hunting by LE) ...when he realized he was as good as caught; he killed himself.

EDIT: This is a hypothetical answer to a question above. LE hasn't named any suspect as of yet and we don't know the cause of death of either Faye or CT. CT is considered innocent of any crime until proven guilty and, in this case, beyond a reasonable doubt since CT can't defend himself.

Last edited:
I don't know if I'll be home in time for the press conference, and I'm sure by the time I sign into WS there will be 1000 posts. I really do not want to know anything other than a definitive identification of the murderer, and why he did it, which I doubt we will ever know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem