Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what I'm doing. I might also try a waffle dipped in butter. :) MOO

my daughter LOVES waffles drenched in butter. Absolutely NO syrup. I always thought that to be weird because duh... syrup is the bombdotcom.

I too will wear purple & pink for Faye. The people at work think I’m weird for being so invested in this tragedy. And it’s hard to explain my sadness for this family. I’m not crazy am I??

I hope they request the same for monetary donations. Since Faye’s funeral is a gift, I think it’d be nice for donations to go to a charity, maybe the Humane Society. Faye reportedly loved cats. Moo
There are far deeper needs than just the funeral. Her mother needs a new place to live now. I would never be able to go back to that place. Would you be able to work after your 6 year old was murdered? Money will give her time to grieve without the worry of supporting herself. If she wants to stay in bed all day, she can. If she wants to pay for therapy 3 times a week, she can. Just because the child is dead and she was her only child, does not mean there is not a need to support the mother.

Also, and I've said it once and I'll say it again: if you feel led to donate to her mother, you don't get to be judgemental about how funds are used. That's the whole point of giving without thought or reward for yourself. You realize this mother may need that $50 more than you right now and you don't get to judge her for it.

This is not directed at you per se, but to anyone in general who feels her mother does not deserve the money raised.

my daughter LOVES waffles drenched in butter. Absolutely NO syrup. I always thought that to be weird because duh... syrup is the bombdotcom.

I too will wear purple & pink for Faye. The people at work think I’m weird for being so invested in this tragedy. And it’s hard to explain my sadness for this family. I’m not crazy am I??
If you are, we all are.

I was just thinking about Director Snellgrove and that tomorrow will be the first time we've seen him since he found Faye's body. What a terrible, awful, gut-wrenching week for this family and community. :( MOO
Yes it will be awful for him and he will be hurting IMO - that’s why I think there won’t be all the details but we shall see - it’s going to be a tough day all the way around for everyone including us here on WS
JMO

This is not directed at you per se, but to anyone in general who feels her mother does not deserve the money raised.
to be clear, I never said I feel the mom doesn’t deserve money. My point is a lot of children & animals are suffering & imo it would be awesome to see Faye’s family help someone in turn. Again, moo

FEB 17, 2020
Faye Swetlik public memorial service announced
  1. A public memorial service for Faye will be held at 7 p.m. this Friday at Trinity Baptist Church, 2003 Charleston Highway in Cayce.
  2. The family is asking those attending to wear bright colors in her honor. Her favorite colors were pink and purple.
  3. A separate private wake and funeral is also being planned.
  4. A memorial and a guest book has been placed at The Caughman-Harman Funeral Home - Lexington Chapel located at 503 North Lake Drive. Anyone who would like to stop in to sign the guestbook may do so.
  5. The City of Cayce will host a community candlelight vigil on Tuesday, February 18 at 5:30 p.m. on the City Hall front lawn, 1800 12th Street. The vigil will last 30 minutes and candles will be provided.
  6. The autopsy results will be released Tuesday at 3 p.m. at a news conference.
This is really lovely and heartbreaking - I know we have locals here on WS and if you do go I know I will be with you in spirit - just so sad for her family and little classmates - they know and will feel this loss even at their young age
JMO

No you are not - people with caring hearts and interests in crime come together at WS
Wear those colors and when asked - share Fayes story I know I will - blessings to all who will be honoring Fayes life
JMO

Money will give her time to grieve without the worry of supporting herself. If she wants to stay in bed all day, she can. If she wants to pay for therapy 3 times a week, she can.

RSBM

I've always thought there were victims advocacy and aid type groups for these sorts of expenses. But now I realize I have no idea. If there isn't there should be. I feel like I saw flyers for resources for the loved ones of those who went missing, were murdered, or committed suicide at one of the Heather Elvis vigils, but it could also have been just local to the coast.

Eh, I wish for this family to have zero pressure to champion another cause or to feel pressure to do anything but what they feel is best for them, at this moment. Whatever the hell that looks like, I don’t know. All the best to them as they navigate their new normal.

I think we should all say an extra little prayer/send thoughts of strength and love to Faye’s family tonight as well as LE. Tomorrow will be a hard day for all of us, but I cant even begin to imagine how hard it will be for them. I pray they feel the outpouring of love from the community. Breaks my heart.

RSBM

I've always thought there were victims advocacy and aid type groups for these sorts of expenses. But now I realize I have no idea. If there isn't there should be. I feel like I saw flyers for resources for the loved ones of those who went missing, were murdered, or committed suicide at one of the Heather Elvis vigils, but it could also have been just local to the coast.

Resources for victims and victims’ families are incredibly limited. You can read the story of Shasta Groene who was a surviving victim of a serial killer and despite significant aid at the time of her rescue, ended up suffering from serious financial, legal, and health issues due to the trauma and torture she endured throughout her life. Trauma is a life-long battle. Cities and organizations just don’t have the resources to provide the support needed. Thankfully we have platforms now where victims can raise funds from the people interested in their stories who want to help do something.

RSBM

SC does have victims' advocacy funding, but I know next to nothing about it. You can check it out here :

S.C. State Office of Victim Assistance

Resources for victims and victims’ families are incredibly limited. You can read the story of Shasta Groene who was a surviving victim of a serial killer and despite significant aid at the time of her rescue, ended up suffering from serious financial, legal, and health issues due to the trauma and torture she endured throughout her life. Trauma is a life-long battle. Cities and organizations just don’t have the resources to provide the support needed. Thankfully we have platforms now where victims can raise funds from the people interested in their stories who want to help do something.
What a sad journey Shasta has traveled.

Giving Funds: Give if you wish and/or are able, don't give if you don't wish or aren't financially able. Dont judge others for choosing to give or for choosing not to give.

Buttery Waffles: I must have missed an interview or info/report? I'm guessing Faye was reportedly a lover of waffles drenched in butter instead of syrup?

If so, would be neat to someday have a waffle breakfast in Cayce in Fayes memory. You hear of places hosting pancake breakfasts for the public often but never WAFFLE breakfasts!

SC does have victims' advocacy funding, but I know next to nothing about it. You can check it out here :

S.C. State Office of Victim Assistance
Sounds like a great resource!

From your link:
What DCVC pays for:
Based upon eligibility and the individual needs of the crime victim, DCVC is authorized to provide up to a total of $15,000 for medical and dental services with proper documentation.

Please note other services and stipulations below:

• Counseling Services (Please review the booklet under the Provider tab for additional information)
  • Lost Wages/Loss of Support (Please review the booklet under the Provider tab for additional information)
  • Funeral/Burial Expenses (Payment for funeral/burial may be up to $4,000)

There are far deeper needs than just the funeral. Her mother needs a new place to live now. I would never be able to go back to that place. Would you be able to work after your 6 year old was murdered? Money will give her time to grieve without the worry of supporting herself. If she wants to stay in bed all day, she can. If she wants to pay for therapy 3 times a week, she can. Just because the child is dead and she was her only child, does not mean there is not a need to support the mother.

Also, and I've said it once and I'll say it again: if you feel led to donate to her mother, you don't get to be judgemental about how funds are used. That's the whole point of giving without thought or reward for yourself. You realize this mother may need that $50 more than you right now and you don't get to judge her for it.

Very well said! And best post yet (ETA: about supporting Faye’s mom during her time of grieving).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth