Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for answering my question. I guess maybe, especially if they're still trying to pinpoint motive and movements. Maybe so they can learn from it. I just thought it was weird bc LE doesn't usually like to leave cases open when they've been solved.

Yup, that’s exactly how I think it went down.

His last minutes would have been filled with panic and pain.

Karma. Good.

To me it seems like a version of suicide by cop, except he pulled the trigger on himself. He had at least temporarily gotten away with it successfully passing the LE interview and search the day before then after that he set it up for LE to find evidence against him, which once LE found the breadcrumbs that he left he then killed himself. Maybe that strange ending is why the case is still open as they're not entirely sure what to make of it and not wanting to close the case too soon.

It’s scary to think the killer is still living in that neighborhood.
A person that wants to commit suicide would not stab themselves!

CT would have had to kill Faye then take her body to the woods then go back home and plant one piece of evidence in his trash can and then stab himself.
Crazy that anyone would believe that,
Scary that the killer is still roaming free.

I’m not going to debate this. You can believe what you want. But I will point out, it’s obvious LE knows more than they are saying and there are many many ways to kill yourself. If you are in a panic and you’ve don’t have a gun and you don’t have a bottle of pills to swallow, you just might pick up a kitchen knife and cut your throat. It’s not a crazy thought.

CT's method of suicide is quite interesting.
Suicides occurring from cut throat injuries are rarely reported in the medical literature but they do occur. Taking one's life in such a violent matter can be correlated to a strong self hatred for oneself. He could have easily just took a bunch of pills and then hung himself.

Okay I have a question and I'm hoping someone here has experience to answer it either through their own work or another case...

The coroner said she wouldn't discuss some things because it's still an ongoing case. But Snellgrove said that they believe Coty was the sole abductor and perp.

Why would the case still be ongoing if the believe he was the only suspect and that he committed suicide? Am I missing something?
I wonder if they're investigating whether the perp had more interactions with young children.

Curious how many suicides are done by cutting their throat? I feel like it's not a ton compared to other ways. Seems slow and painful. Not to say he didn't commit suicide, maybe a knife is all that he had at the time
Cutting your carotid artery would kill you fairly quickly. And you would lose consciousness even faster (it supplies blood to the brain.)

CT's method of suicide is quite interesting.
Suicides occurring from cut throat injuries are rarely reported in the medical literature but they do occur. Taking one's life in such a violent matter can be correlated to a strong self hatred for oneself. He could have easily just took a bunch of pills and then hung himself.
I don't believe this was ever his plan. I believe this a spur of the moment decision. MOO

It’s scary to think the killer is still living in that neighborhood.
A person that wants to commit suicide would not stab themselves!

CT would have had to kill Faye then take her body to the woods then go back home and plant one piece of evidence in his trash can and then stab himself.
Crazy that anyone would believe that,
Scary that the killer is still roaming free.

You state this wild speculation as fact. The fact though is they have DNA evidence that links Coty and Faye. Sorry to be graphic but probably his DNA in places it shouldn’t be.

Nobody set that up. Yes cutting your own throat is very unusual because it is horrific but he was in an absolute panic because he was Yes cutting your own throat is very unusual because it is horrific but he was in an absolute panic because he was watching them close in on him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98