Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
P
Okay I have a question and I'm hoping someone here has experience to answer it either through their own work or another case...

The coroner said she wouldn't discuss some things because it's still an ongoing case. But Snellgrove said that they believe Coty was the sole abductor and perp.

Why would the case still be ongoing if the believe he was the only suspect and that he committed suicide? Am I missing something?

Probably due to how fresh the case is at the moment. Being only a week old into the investigation. They still have to go through all the evidence in CT's home along with who knows how much material that may be on his computer (s). There is also CT's family we have to consider also which could be delaying some information.

Agreed. The why doesn't matter. There is no why that would ever be an acceptable explanation. The why is because he was a monster.
I'm glad he killed himself. Faye's family won't have to face years and years of trial for her murder and the appeals that come with it. Unfortunately we'll never hear why but I'm ok with that. MOO

It’s scary to think the killer is still living in that neighborhood.
A person that wants to commit suicide would not stab themselves!

CT would have had to kill Faye then take her body to the woods then go back home and plant one piece of evidence in his trash can and then stab himself.
Crazy that anyone would believe that,
Scary that the killer is still roaming free.
He didn't. It was an incised wound. Cut his throat or an artery..

FEB 18, 2020
Autopsy reveals heartbreaking details of 6-year-old Faye Marie Swetlik’s death
[...]

Lexington County Coroner Margaret Fisher struggled to share how Faye died Tuesday.

It was concluded that Faye died just a few hours after she was abducted.

Officials said the 6-year-old died of “asphyxiation,” which means she was strangled or choked to death.

When police found Faye’s body, they said she had only been there a short time. The coroner said Faye did not die where she was found.

[...]

Okay I have a question and I'm hoping someone here has experience to answer it either through their own work or another case...

The coroner said she wouldn't discuss some things because it's still an ongoing case. But Snellgrove said that they believe Coty was the sole abductor and perp.

Why would the case still be ongoing if the believe he was the only suspect and that he committed suicide? Am I missing something?
From what I understood, they are still trying to pinpoint CT's activities during the entire days Faye was missing, ie somebody might have seen something. I'm sure they are wondering where she was during that time.

JMO

Pardon the crass nature of this reply, but an incised neck wound means “slit his own throat”. IMO.

His DNA is linked with Faye. He was responsible for her abduction and death.

A person in a panic would, and everything about this points to it being a lone perpetrator.

It follows all the usual patterns. Abduction by a lone male, followed by murder within hours. Even her cause of death fits, as asphyxiation is (unfortunately) pretty standard.

Suicide by cutting ones throat or neck is rare, but he must not have owned a gun. Law enforcement was likely within minutes of nailing him, and that was the fastest way to off himself.

It makes perfect sense.

Found in the trash was her boot.....and a soup ladle with dirt on it. (Used it to try and dig???)

That monster was truly a moron. I dont care what he accomplished 12 YEARS ago in high school, he used a kitchen utensil in a failed attempt to cover up his crime. :rolleyes::mad:

Curious how many suicides are done by cutting their throat? I feel like it's not a ton compared to other ways. Seems slow and painful. Not to say he didn't commit suicide, maybe a knife is all that he had at the time

I am so mad, I gotta take a break. Sorry Faye' folks. Sorry Faye, Rest in Peace. Just imagine what her family is going through, not fair man.

Apparently his Instagram : umbrastone,
Reddit -IMAINsingedwastaken.
If this is not allowed, I am sorry, I need to sign off anyways.

After the Chief of Police talked about of massive effort to I believe he said "to bring a sweet 6 year old baby girl home." That was the point for me where I knew they all took this case to heart. The tears came to my eyes for the amazing efforts they went to to save her and lost. They too will need help dealing with the loss of this sweet baby girl. Prayers go out to them as well.

Is anyone else having a hard time dealing with the fact that officers has interviewed him in that residence and somehow found nothing? I just wish there would have been something that tipped them off while they were face-to-face with him while he was still alive. I'm just having a hard time accepting he fooled these officers the way he did. I wish we knew what he said to them in that moment. The news channel I watched said they saw him out on the back patio of his house right after they found her.

And did they see the suspicious video footage of him after they discovered the bodies or was it seen beforehand?

There are still so many questions...

Rest in Peace Baby Girl.
And they had scent dogs, apparently found no scent.

What other proof is there besides the Clue in the trash can that could have been easily planted and a suicide that could just as easily be another murder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member