Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect an arrest either this weekend or by next week.

I want to know if mom and Faye's father had any custody disputes or if it was normal for him to not see faye for two months.

Jmo

Here’s a video I found of a journalist sharing video of the cars out front and talking with someone beyond the door it appears.
Adam Myrick

FBI – Federal Bureau of Investigation agents going door to door as part of the public safety response to the disappearance of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik in Cayce, South Carolina.

If you have any information about her whereabouts or home security video from her neighborhood, call 803-205-4444.

ETA: adding screenshot
View attachment 231501
Interesting that they didn’t try to redact those license plate images after the fact.

FEB 11, 2020
A closer look at the investigative process into 6-year-old Faye Swetlik's disappearance
[...]

News 19 reached out to experts with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to learn more about the investigative process and how locals can help.

[...]

In each case, law enforcement will use a variety of resources to help get a clearer idea of what happened.

In the case of six-year-old Faye Swetlik of Cayce who disappeared Monday afternoon, resources have included canines, FBI agents and even a helicopter.

Bischoff says these resources along with community tips will be critical in the search to find her.

[...]

He says a child's age can impact the difficulty level of the investigation.

"It becomes quite difficult at times when they're trying to piece these puzzles together, if you will, for such a young child, young vulnerable child," Bischoff said.

[...]

His office has deployed resources, including an investigator to aid in the search.

ac7d9609-388e-4359-a85a-aa9bf83034ae_750x422.jpg

[...]

I'm glad they're involved. Mr. Bischoff is my old boss, and they specialize in these cases.

Apologize if this has been shared. Moving fast.

This is video of FBI agents in the neighborhood. I couldn’t help but notice a plain clothes LE beside the K9 officer vehicle taking off gloves.

The FBI and police are going door to... - Fox Carolina News | Facebook
The FBI and police are going door to door in the Churchill Heights community of Cayce, SC as the search for Faye Marie Swetlik continues. "We're not ruling anything out," police chief says as search for Faye Swetlik continues in SC, but no indications of abduction at this time

Is it possible that the right side duplex is Faye's house, and the officer is talking to her mom?
I'm puzzled by that yellow tape next door. Since the 2 cars were towed from that side, could it be that police are waiting for a search warrant, hence the tape?

The big difference here is the tight timeline. That’s what makes this different from cases like you are suggesting.

It doesn’t mean I’m not still leaning that way myself, but it sure is odd.
BBM:

Here's the problem:

The timeline is this incredibly tight only because FS's mom says she saw her playing outside at 3:45 pm.

Did anyone else in or driving past that neighborhood see FS playing outside at 3:45 pm?

How much does the timeline loosen up if we take FS's mom's report of seeing her outside at 3:45 out of the equation, i.e., when was the last verified independent sighting of FS?

Anyone know that time?

JMO.

Last edited:
I expect an arrest either this weekend or by next week.

I want to know if mom and Faye's father had any custody disputes or if it was normal for him to not see faye for two months.

Jmo
I’m not finding this visitation schedule to be an issue or relevant at this time. My mom died when I was 2 & I began to live with relatives 8 hours away. My dad visited once a month for a long weekend & spent summers with him. We were very close. Custody & visitation is not a one-size-fits-all thing. We don’t have any verified information there were issues, so don’t think we should invent one. Moo

BBM:

Here's the problem:

The timeline is really tight because FS's mom says she saw her playing outside at 3:45 pm.

Did anyone else in or driving past that neighborhood see FS playing outside at 3:45 pm?

How much does the timeline loosen up if we take FS's mom's report of seeing her outside at 3:45 out of the equation, i.e., when was the last verified independent sighting of FS?

Anyone know that time?

JMO.
The only other time that I’ve seen is 2:50 for when she got off the bus.

The only other time that I’ve seen is 2:50 for when she got off the bus.

Okay.

Thanks for that!

Assuming the bus driver has verified that 2:50 drop-off time for FS at her bus stop, then the timeline LE is working with probably starts from 2:50 vs. 3:45.

Still not a lot of time.

It would add an hour to the window of opportunity, though.

An hour can sometimes last an eternity.

JMO.

Last edited:
BBM:

Here's the problem:

The timeline is really tight only because FS's mom says she saw her playing outside at 3:45 pm.

Anyone know that time?

JMO.
The bus dropped Faye off just after 2:50. That means the timeline is still tight.

Such a tight timeframe, Faye was playing out front, one door on the shared porch has yellow tape, and from where 2 cars were towed, no one in the neighborhood appears to have seen anything, closely spaced duplexes ....etc
It APPEARS that something may have happened right next door. idk......JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member