Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I thought I might have missed this from the press conference. MOO

WLTX's sister station WCNC Charlotte went to Faye’s father’s home in Rowan County Tuesday afternoon. His girlfriend, who considers herself Faye’s stepmother, said they last saw Faye around Christmas time, but they were actually planning to visit her in Cayce, South Carolina this weekend.
Charlotte isn’t far from Cayce. Is there a reason Dad wouldn’t have seen her in 2 months or is that standars
I, for one, think that's the case. Just coincidence.
Is dad in town? Cayce isn’t that far from Charlotte.

FEB 11, 2020
A closer look at the investigative process into 6-year-old Faye Swetlik's disappearance
[...]

News 19 reached out to experts with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children to learn more about the investigative process and how locals can help.

[...]

In each case, law enforcement will use a variety of resources to help get a clearer idea of what happened.

In the case of six-year-old Faye Swetlik of Cayce who disappeared Monday afternoon, resources have included canines, FBI agents and even a helicopter.

Bischoff says these resources along with community tips will be critical in the search to find her.

[...]

He says a child's age can impact the difficulty level of the investigation.

"It becomes quite difficult at times when they're trying to piece these puzzles together, if you will, for such a young child, young vulnerable child," Bischoff said.

[...]

His office has deployed resources, including an investigator to aid in the search.

ac7d9609-388e-4359-a85a-aa9bf83034ae_750x422.jpg

[...]

Search continues for 6-year-old girl missing in South Carolina

Updated: 6:27 PM EST February 11, 2020

Swetlik was last seen around 3:44 p.m. Monday while playing in her front yard at Londonderry Lane in Cayce just off Highway 302 in the Churchill Heights neighborhood.

Snellgrove said the little girl's mother was home at the time of the disappearance. He said his investigators have spoken to the mother, the father, and the mother's boyfriend, and all are being cooperative.

When asked if there was evidence of an abduction, the chief said "not at this time, there doesn't appear to be."

[..]

WLTX's sister station WCNC Charlotte went to Faye’s father’s home in Rowan County Tuesday afternoon. His girlfriend, who considers herself Faye’s stepmother, said they last saw Faye around Christmas time, but they were actually planning to visit her in Cayce, South Carolina this weekend.The girlfriend said they are hoping anyone with video surveillance will provide it to police, adding they also hope anyone with information will call the special tip line for the case.
Is this 3:44 a typo? I’ve seen it in reports but wondering if mom looked at the clock or if they meant approx. 3:45. And then someone upthread said 3:42? What’s the significance of those times?

Is this 3:44 a typo? I’ve seen it in reports but wondering if mom looked at the clock or if they meant approx. 3:45. And then someone upthread said 3:42? What’s the significance of those times?

I don't know, but I'll make a guess. Maybe Mom looked out the window and saw Faye Marie while also sending a text, making a call, posting on social media so the exact time could be determined by looking at activity on her phone?

That's just a guess, not fact.

jmo

Charlotte isn’t far from Cayce. Is there a reason Dad wouldn’t have seen her in 2 months or is that standars

Who knows- good questions. We don’t know how long separated or if amicable. Or if current on child support. Or relationships btwn former spouses & ex’s new partners. These dynamics can get very complicated. We know nothing.

AFAIK, that hasn't been reported and we can't sleuth him here. MOO
No, the 3:44 time comes from the Cayce Department of Public Safety flyer. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member