Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, good news is they haven’t found her so she may still be alive. The bad news is ... they haven’t found her. No family begging for her return, I don’t understand .... No Amber Alert, because there’s no suspect, but my Lord, WHAT could it hurt to plaster her photo everywhere? An abductor could be in Texas by now! Yet, they focus on her neighborhood which makes me wonder if they have seen something on someone’s video cameras. for safe return.

I understand the frustration regarding the stringent Amber Alert criteria but the criteria requirements have been mandated for a very good reason. Allowing activations when there is no detailed information about a potential suspect or a vehicle known to be related to the child's disappearance would lead to overuse of the system and ineffective outcomes. Overuse would quickly result in the public being conditioned to ignore the alerts (much like Pavlov's dog and his bell).

I watched the bus video and it melts my heart that the bus driver appears to give the kids suckers on their way leaving the bus.
She looks so scared, poor thing

Might be she prefers to be met by grandma? We all know a grandma can be much more fun than mom, at least more lenient. Moo
Seems like grandma played a huge role in parenting, if reports are true that mom/F lived with her, and hearing from grandma. Moo

Would be interesting to see if she is always looking ahead on the bus or if it was just that day. I can't decide if she was eager and excited to get off the bus and therefore looking ahead or if she was scared and that is why she was watching for the bus stop.

Anyone good at doing maps? It would be cool to see the area and perhaps someone parked elsewhere and lured her away.... JMO

Last seen location: 16 Londonberry Lane, Cayce, SC 29033
I have researched the address on google earth and I can see a work yard with large machinery parked in an open lot directly behind the home where LEO have placed Faye at 3:45pm. It seems there is a division with trees but not too dense to walk through.

I wonder if any of those employees have been questioned. One scenario is that someone could have lured her from that location and would not have been seen from the street.

Another scenario is that she wandered onto that work yard and an accident occurred and either an employee or the mother (worried about neglect) discovered her and disposed of the body.

The area is also very close to the entrance to Interstate 26, a major thoroughfare of the Carolinas leading to Interstate 77, 85, and 95 which travel in every direction. I hope I don't have to spell out the fear on this scenario because my heart cannot take it.

Lastly, according to witness timelines, the mother was at the bus stop when Faye was seen getting off the bus at 2:50 pm and according to LEO she was last seen playing in the yard at 3:45pm alone. The 911 call was made at 5:00 PM.

LEO were reluctant at first to disclose whether the mother was at home during the time in question. They have now stated she was home the entire time, and that she, her husband and the child's father are cooperating with investigators. It is possible the suspect the mother but are trying to keep the family in play and cooperative.

However, their own timeline does not leave a lot of time for an incident to have occurred at the home and the body to be disposed of. Even if so, I would imagine they would have found something by now because it would be near impossible to get rid of all evidence and move the body in only an hour and a half.

Would be interesting to see if she is always looking ahead on the bus or if it was just that day. I can't decide if she was eager and excited to get off the bus and therefore looking ahead or if she was scared and that is why she was watching for the bus stop.

Kids, lol. Could be a number of things, maybe a boring school day, even.

Jason Tighe on Twitter
Entrances to Churchill Heights in #Cayce restricted by law enforcement as search for #FayeSwetlik on ongoing @Cayce_DPS asks the public to be weary of unconfirmed social media posts. @ABCNews4 #chsnews #scnews #chs #PrayForFaye @AnneTEmerson
EQmM2KkXUAAClNS.jpg

EQmM2KkWAAEuwEm.jpg

EQmM2KfXUAAprCG.jpg

1:54 PM - 12 Feb 2020 from Springdale, SC

FEB 12, 2020
UPDATE: Search for missing 6-year-old continues in South Carolina; new video released
[...]

Authorities confirmed Wednesday morning that their search area has been expanded while this very active investigation continues. Originally, officials were concentrating on a 1-mile radius around the home. Now that area has been expanded to include other neighborhoods and areas near the interstate.

At this time, no public searches are being organized by law enforcement. Officials say they have a substantial number of well-trained investigators and searchers to cover the area involved in their grid searches.

Officials confirm they will be holding daily press conferences at 11:45 a.m. while the investigation continues.

[...]

According to Sgt. Evan Antley with the Cayce Department of Public Safety."We're not sure if she just walked off and is somewhere in the woods or at a neighbor's house possibly in distress or fallen or something like that," Antley said Tuesday evening. The FBI has also joined the search, Antley said. Police were called around 5 p.m. and began a search with more than 100 law enforcement personnel, including K-9s. The number of searchers increased to more than 250 by Tuesday morning, according to the Cayce Department of Public Safety."

Curious how many of the family members / relatives have been interviewed thus far? Statistically, I think children face the highest risk of homicide by parents and someone they know. I have yet to look into the parents and what the media has offered about them. I am just looking into this case now. Heard about it this morning.

I was curious if they were searching the wooded areas directly south of the home and also East toward Highway 26. There seem to be railroad tracks nearby also. Wondering if they are searching along there yet. Drifter on the tracks? Did she go to play on the tracks, maybe got hit by train without being noticed? Any trains going through that area during that time frame?
On Google maps there seems to be a construction and also a trucking business located very close to her home.

There are also 36 sexual offenders in Cayce South Carolina. Four of them seem to be within a 2 to 5 mile radius from her home East of highway 26

Last seen location: 16 Londonberry Lane, Cayce, SC 29033
I have researched the address on google earth and I can see a work yard with large machinery parked in an open lot directly behind the home where LEO have placed Faye at 3:45pm. It seems there is a division with trees but not too dense to walk through.

I wonder if any of those employees have been questioned. One scenario is that someone could have lured her from that location and would not have been seen from the street.

Another scenario is that she wandered onto that work yard and an accident occurred and either an employee or the mother (worried about neglect) discovered her and disposed of the body.

The area is also very close to the entrance to Interstate 26, a major thoroughfare of the Carolinas leading to Interstate 77, 85, and 95 which travel in every direction. I hope I don't have to spell out the fear on this scenario because my heart cannot take it.

That looks to be a parking lot for heavy equipment that is being rented or leased. No doubt it would be covered with camera(s) to deter and detect vandalism or theft. I think if something happened in that yard it would have been detected.

LEO were reluctant at first to disclose whether the mother <snip>They have now stated she was home the entire time, and that she, her husband and the child's father are cooperating with investigators. It is possible the suspect the mother but are trying to keep the family in play and cooperative.

Thank-you for the quote.

Oh and bless your heart thank-you for putting my mind at ease.I was worried that from listening to heavy metal & blasting 80’s music video’s :rolleyes:if my hearing was shot.

Yikes,I was even questioning if I had heard the officer at the Presser correctly.Mercy me & thank goodness I do not need a hearing aid YET.:)

Last edited:
Cody Alcorn on Twitter
If you were in Greenville in 2007 this #FayeSwetlik case resembles the case of missing 4yo Javeion Mayes in Greenville. @GvlPD found his body 2 days after his father reported him missing in a bag, in thick kudzu near the home he vanished.
1f64f-1f3fc.png
this one ends differently.
12:58 PM - 12 Feb 2020 from Greenville, SC
I remember that! I passed the parking lot where media was set up. So sad.

With regard to “no obvious signs of abduction”, I take that to mean that they have not found video, witnesses, dropped freeze pop etc that indicate that anyone grabbed or lured her. She still could have been abducted, they just don’t have evidence that directs them as such.

I hope there is evidence and they just want us (or the POI) to believe otherwise. I've clung to this statement but had to take a moment to remember: LE tends to word their statements very intentionally, and they're not always so cut and dry. Like half-truths, as we've seen in so many other cases.

Reading along...

Bus Video:
To me looks like Faye was trying to see where the other boy was who exits at her stop. She’d be aware he was sitting behind her & prob didn’t want to trip or bump into him. Reporter stated he’s 11, so prob 5th grade & considerably taller in vid.

The Night Watchman’s Pic:
Did not notice the construction lot before. With all that scraped up raw earth, be really easy to grab a dozer, dig a hole & tamp it down. Would be minutes fast & not even show signs of disturbance.

Now I have to look up these "specific criteria" for activating an AMBER Alert. Interesting investigating the backporch and two vehicles on the property. Surprising to me that the search would be called off so soon.

If I was Faye's mother I would refuse a polygraph based on the fact that they are only accurate 70 to 80% of the time. I wouldn't gamble that 30 percent when everyone reacts differently. Someone high strung who suffers from generalized anxiety may not do so well even though they are 100 percent innocent. Sociopaths and Psychopaths who lack empathy can easily pass those tests also. Really unreliable and illogical to continue to use these primitive devices in this day and age.

Latest developments

WIS journalist Caroline Hecker reported Tuesday that she saw FBI agents on the property where Faye was last seen. She wrote that they were “closely examining the back porch” and WIS reported that “Investigators have towed two cars away from the property.

Antley said he could not comment on the towed cars, as the investigation is ongoing.

Antley was also asked if Faye’s mother was given a polygraph test. Again, Antley said he could not comment citing the open investigation.

An AMBER Alert has not been issued in this case because SLED has very specific criteria for activating an AMBER Alert based on the Department of Justice guidelines.We explained that further in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member