Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero red flags from me of the released school bus video. I see a little girl following bus rules, waiting for a complete stop before getting up and just walking off the bus. This little one, I'm sure, was not concerned about her own well being/safety. She was probably happy to be home, like most kids after school.

Investigators usually suspect and look into the family when something along these lines occur. They do this not to be demeaning or insensitive to the families, but because statistically speaking parents were responsible for 61-percent of child murders under the age of five. Sometimes, there is a combination of murder and suicide in filicide cases. On average, according to FBI statistics, 450 children are murdered by their parents each year in the United States. The case is in such the early stages, it is true we have no evidence of abuse, neglect, etc. However, that could be because the police or FBI have chosen not to release it.

I understand that fully in terms of statistics.

Also I'm not referring to the investigators. That is their job, to suspect and investigate

I'm talking about us the public. As far as I can see there is SO FAR no evidence that she was neglected, absurd or hurt by her family.

My point was to just say her parents must be going through the most unimaginable pain and until we know otherwise we should refrain from suggesting she has been hurt by them or is a sad scared child.

I'm not specifically saying any one post on here just the general chatter I've seen here and SM.

Last edited:
I haven't seen a statement from her school or the bus driver indicating how she seemed when she got off the bus or at school etc. Also seems a little unusual, maybe? MOO

All of the schools near FMS neighborhood have posted her official missing poster on their FB pages.

It would be investigators that bus driver and school officials would have spoken to and I don't expect they would make a public statement during an ongoing investigation for a missing child. MOO

Zero red flags from me of the released school bus video. I see a little girl following bus rules, waiting for a complete stop before getting up and just walking off the bus. This little one, I'm sure, was not concerned about her own well being/safety. She was probably happy to be home, like most kids after school.

Absolutely agree!

If anything, the video depicts what she currently looks like -- a child with shorter hair and a bit heavier than seen in the earlier photos by MSM.

MOO

I don't see anything untoward in Faye's demeanor on the bus. Just a couple of moments in time.
So worried about this child, still want to have hope that she is alive. Her poor mom, grandmother and loved ones.....I can't imagine.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article240221077.html

FEBRUARY 12, 2020 11:56 AM

The Cayce Department of Public Safety have added to the areas where they’re searching for a missing 6-year-old girl.

Police are now searching outside the one mile radius of the Churchill Heights neighborhood where Faye Marie Swetlik was last seen, Sgt. Evan Antley said at a Wednesday news conference at Trinity Baptist Church in Cayce. Police are searching along Interstate 26 moving east toward Charleston Highway and other areas outside of Churchill Heights.

Faye’s family were at the news conference and declined to make a statement.

[..]

Multiple cars were towed from the Churchill Heights area Tuesday.

Antley said he could not comment on that at this time, but in a earlier news conference Cayce Department of Public Safety Director Byron Snellgrove said the two vehicles could be useful to the investigation.

On Wednesday, Antley stressed people should not listen to, or spread, rumors and inaccurate information circulating on social media. He did not expand on that inaccurate information. Antley said people should look for accurate information from the Cayce public safety department.

“Rumors that are false could divert” resources from the search, Antley said.

Faye returned home on a school bus Monday and was last seen playing in her yard by family at about 3:45 p.m., Antley said.

[..]

Faye’s family reported her missing to law enforcement at about 5 p.m., and within 40 minutes there were 50 emergency responders searching for the girl near her home at 16 Londonderry Lane, Antley said.

I believe that's grandma. Interesting to me, is there's no sign of a male? Dad, boyfriend, grandfather? MOO

FS's father is mentioned in several MSM articles.
It's been said he's being cooperative, he lives out of state and was due to come visit this weekend. He last saw her around Christmas. (Source on most of that: Parents of missing SC girl 'anxious for her return, chief says)

It's also been said in MSM articles that moms boyfriend is cooperating.

Two maps around the area.
I've seen a creek mentioned but I'm not seeing it?
Does anyone know what they are referring to?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 4.07.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 4.07.17 PM.png
    722.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 4.08.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 4.08.55 PM.png
    632.9 KB · Views: 13
So sad to come back here and not see a thread that says"found" for sweet little Faye. Heartbreaking

Has the LE finished searching all the homes in her development?

Where are you, Faye? Hoping for the best outcome, but not holding my breathe.

people should not listen to, or spread, rumors and inaccurate information circulating on social media. He did not expand on that inaccurate information. Antley said people should look for accurate information from the Cayce public safety department.

“Rumors that are false could divert” resources from the search, Antley said.

I see similar statements for every case.
As far as resources potentially diverted from the search, I interpret to be anything from water, snacks, equipment, dog handlers and such. Possibly public assistance is not so bountiful when the public believe the family less than forthcoming. Jmo

So sad to come back here and not see a thread that says"found" for sweet little Faye. Heartbreaking

Has the LE finished searching all the homes in her development?

Where are you, Faye? Hoping for the best outcome, but not holding my breathe.
I honestly thought Faye would be found quickly.

A few more daylight hours today....hope they are productive hours.

jmo

Do we know who (if anyone) met her at the bus stop? And I keep reading that she was last seen at 3:45 pm; who was it that saw her? She was reported to police as missing at 5:00 pm, but what time was she first noticed as missing?

TYVMIA to anyone willing and able to answer any of my questions. I don’t have time to read through every page right now, but would like to have a handle of the basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove