GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 4m4 minutes ago
Amber says the videos she received from Jones showing her two oldest children crying were his attempt to manipulate her into coming back to him.

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 3m3 minutes ago
Kyzer says she truly felt Tim Jones Jr had resentment for Nahtahn and Merah for wanting to be with her @WLTX

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 2m2 minutes ago
Amber says she kept a shirt Nahtahn wore on the last day she saw him alive, saying it still smells like him.
She says the two children she always ended up defending were Merah and Nahtahn.

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 2m2 minutes ago
Amber says she and Jones had joint custody, but he would be the primary caretaker. She obtained a drivers license, a job, and her high school diploma, but it “was not good enough for Tim.”

Courtney King‏ @CourtReportKing 2m2 minutes ago
Kyzer says Shawn Kyzer, her now husband, was 24 when they got together, she was 27. The defense alleges he was a teenager. #TimothyJones @wachfox

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 14m14 minutes ago
Upon redirect, defense asks again if Kyzer wants Jones put to death, she says no. State asks again if Kyzer is okay not making the decision, she says yes. @WLTX

Last edited:
Last edited:
On the stand Gray testifies that, when she spoke to Tim's pastor, he told her that Tim's passion for and belief in his religion were "real".

In my opinion, the narcissism in him caused him to abandon his professed religious beliefs -- else he could not have murdered his children. If he is so profoundly mentally ill, how is it that he was never hospitalized?

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 4m4 minutes ago
Amber steps down from the stand. Deborah Gray, the social historian, is called back up.

Jacob Reynolds‏Verified account @JRFromTheSouth 57s58 seconds ago
After the mother of the 5 murdered Jones children finished testimony, in which she said she did not want Jones put to death, the defense is back to questioning the social historian. @WLTX

Tim Scott‏ @TimScottTV 8m8 minutes ago
Judge Griffith sends the jury out for a break.

I wanted to say thank you for all the updates, YESorNO.

On another note, I have always been fiercely anti-DP.
In this case, however, I’d be happy to throw the switch myself. What an unutterable monster. Those poor, poor babies...

I wanted to say thank you for all the updates, YESorNO.

On another note, I have always been fiercely anti-DP.
In this case, however, I’d be happy to throw the switch myself. What an unutterable monster. Those poor, poor babies...

tenor.gif

I think Tim's biggest problem was alcohol and drugs.

Ms. Gray can try to mitigate until the cows come home, but Tim Jr. is on trial here. I doesn't matter at this point what was wrong with his family.

Good Lord, can they not put in a full day at the Court House? I mean . . . with the delayed starting in the mornings, the breaks, sidebars, the executive lunch hours and more breaks . . .! No wonder it takes an eternity get through a trial!

No one tweeting ...

I’m not surprised. We’ve heard this all before over and over by the defense. There were some lurid details earlier but nothing new here. The defense has really way overplayed the poor-ole-Tim-Jr-he-had-it-tough story. He did grow up in an awful environment. Dysfunctional doesn’t come close to these folks. But we don’t need to hear it seven zillion times.
But as Amber pointed out...nothing justifies what he did. And even as Amber asks for mercy for him, he glares at her. Her message, she would spare him, but will abide by the jury’s decision.
Enough testimony. All of us are tired. The jury, the judge, the defense, the prosecution, Tim Sr, Roberta, the teachers, our community. This needs to be decided and over.

I’m not surprised. We’ve heard this all before over and over by the defense. There were some lurid details earlier but nothing new here. The defense has really way overplayed the poor-ole-Tim-Jr-he-had-it-tough story. He did grow up in an awful environment. Dysfunctional doesn’t come close to these folks. But we don’t need to hear it seven zillion times.
But as Amber pointed out...nothing justifies what he did. And even as Amber asks for mercy for him, he glares at her. Her message, she would spare him, but will abide by the jury’s decision.
Enough testimony. All of us are tired. The jury, the judge, the defense, the prosecution, Tim Sr, Roberta, the teachers, our community. This needs to be decided and over.

Agreed. Defense has milked that premise for all it's worth. They have done everything but break out the violins. But maybe they're saving that for the closing.

It's possible Amber's testimony might cause some jurors to pause about giving jr the DP. If the babies' momma doesn't want him to die for the murders, shouldn't that count? Maybe count most of all?

But there's another possible reaction to her testimony I think more likely. Amber did NOT volunteer to testify for jr. She was ordered to do so, by attorneys representing the man who murdered her babies, and she obeyed.

Could Amber have provided a greater contrast between herself & jr? Her owning up to every iota of what could even remotely be considered her responsibility (and more)? Her empathy/compassion for jr's family? Her sheer grit & courage to separate from "all she knew, " even custody of her children, because she was afraid seeing a violent marriage was damaging the children?
Who she is makes jr seem more contemptible, not pitiful, at least imo.

The jury also heard that Amber is just now learning details about many crucial things, including about how her babies died; that Jr lied to her babies and told them she didn't love them; that jr was shacking up with a 16/17 year old all the while loudly accusing her of commiting adultery with a teenager. Who was really 24. Etc.

She can't have processed all that info so quickly, much less her feelings about it. She's clearly very conflicted already about him getting the DP. She doesn't believe in it, but she believes he deserves it. She's ok with the jury deciding on the DP, she just doesn't want to be responsible for making the decision herself.

She shouldn't be responsible for the decision & isn't, morally, legally, ethically, or any which way. Here's to the jury resolving her conflicted feelings by handing down the DP. And quickly .

Jesse Weber & Trial Attorney Terri Austin Discuss the Aggravating Circumstances in the Timothy Jones

Jun 11, 2019

Agreed. Defense has milked that premise for all it's worth. They have done everything but break out the violins. But maybe they're saving that for the closing.

I thought it interesting at the end today the judge and prosecutor were discussing whether to continue with cross-examination or to wait till tomorrow and you could hear a juror comment something like “oh goodness they needed to stop for the day!”. I think that should....but probably won’t...let the defense know the jury is tired of this show.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamonara
Back