GUILTY SC - Five Jones children, ages 1-8, Lexington County, 28 Aug 2014 *Father Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why oh why do people always say "they/he/she was a loving parent"... and yet they kill their child/children... No loving parent would do that..

Why oh why do people always say "they/he/she was a loving parent"... and yet they kill their child/children... No loving parent would do that..

I know right? Beats me how denial can be so strong on people i makes them completely blind. Infuriates me.

We don't know why the mother didn't have custody. Sometimes, the best decision you can make as a parent is to not parent for a while. Perhaps, at the time of the separation, she was dealing with something that made her know that she couldn't give her children what they deserved. (An illness, an addiction, or some other life situation) Oh, and while custody battles do tend generally to favor mothers, money can shift the scales of "justice" when it comes to custody. High salary, better living conditions, high priced lawyers, family/friends in the court system or law enforcement can all grease the process.

If her ex-husband has had custody for 2 years, a lot of things could have gone downhill for him since then. Maybe, at the time, he seemed like the best option. Hindsight is 20/20, but 2 years is a long time and more than a sufficient period of time for someone to develop a raging drug habit or just go completely off the rails.

Right now, as far as Im concerned, the only thing wrong with this mother is some monster killed her children. She is a victim. Plain and simple. We are all angry, we are all upset, we all want to know why, but questioning why she had 5 kids and then didn't have custody of them isn't going to get us answers. And it's just plain mean. Very, very few people (thankfully) know what this woman is going through, losing 5 children in one fell swoop. So, unless we are Rusty Yates or the Sullivan family (from WWII) I don't think we have the right to have anything but sympathy for the mother right now.

Now, the who did this… rage on. There aren't foul enough words in the world for that pile of cells.

And his parents, they're just in shock. If they're still standing by him at the trial, then I'll criticize, but I guarantee, they have no idea what they're really saying or doing right now.

His parents might be stuck on who their son used to be. It's clear that something awful happened to take a supposed "computer genius" with a college degree down to the depths of hell. Maybe it was his own doing, but something clearly collapsed in his world at some point. This is not sympathy, mind you, just pondering such a sad decline that took those innocents with him.

This. You said this so well, Quill, thanks wasn't enough. His parents will actually have to mourn for the person they thought their son was. I helped a friend through a situation where he found out a very good friend of his was a serial child rapist. He went through all the stages of grief that a person who loses someone to death does. He had to mourn the death of his friend, because even though the man's body was still alive, the person he thought his friend was was not. It was harder than a death in some ways, because my friend felt guilty over not being able to see who he really was AND didn't think he had a right to be sad because after all, his friend was a . It's a complicated thing to deal with and denial is usually the first step.

http://news.yahoo.com/charges-expected-against-father-5-dead-children-082051440.html

Interesting article .. Timothy made the money and was "intelligent" .. (Ex) wife didn't work outside of home and had no driver's license .

ETA .. My opinion, he's a control freak who lost control .. Wife was unhappy and moved on .. He goes to court as an "intelligent" man with a career and paints her in a bad light because of affair. He has control of money and I'm sure an excellent attorney. He sought to punish her in any way possible, IMHO. (Sadly, at the expense of his 5 kids)

http://news.yahoo.com/charges-expected-against-father-5-dead-children-082051440.html

Interesting article .. Timothy made the money and was "intelligent" .. (Ex) wife didn't work outside of home and had no driver's license .

ETA .. My opinion, he's a control freak who lost control .. Wife was unhappy and moved on .. He goes to court as an "intelligent" man with a career and paints her in a bad light because of affair. He has control of money and I'm sure an excellent attorney. He sought to punish her in any way possible, IMHO. (Sadly, at the expense of his 5 kids)

Yep. I think you nailed this one. I think he'll end up in the same category as John List and Brad Bishop. The only difference is he didn't kill the wife because she was already gone. He was heading to Vegas when he was caught. I suspect he fought for custody to get back at his wife and then realized it wasn't all fun and games raising 5 kids and they were "holding back his potential" as so many family annihilators believe. So he discarded them.

John List, Brad Bishop, Scott Peterson, all annihilated their families for their freedom. All intelligent, well educated men.

Yep. I think you nailed this one. I think he'll end up in the same category as John List and Brad Bishop. The only difference is he didn't kill the wife because she was already gone. He was heading to Vegas when he was caught. I suspect he fought for custody to get back at his wife and then realized it wasn't all fun and games raising 5 kids and they were "holding back his potential" as so many family annihilators believe. So he discarded them.

John List, Brad Bishop, Scott Peterson, all annihilated their families for their freedom. All intelligent, well educated men.

Exactly right. He is an annihilator, and possibly a rage-oholic (I seriously, Seriously doubt any claims to mental illness: schizophrenia DOES NOT manifest itself for the first time in someone his age, so that's BS). Those babies were cramping his style. I am so upset I can barely see straight right now.

also we dont know she could have had some post partum going on and he was the best choice at the time , I agree with Makaroni assessment Im betting he was a controll freak or something was wrong , you just dont leave and move in with a male neighbor she obvously need away from him, or the male neighbor might have seen the treatment who knows but those poor kids , sounds like they didnt have a chance:(

I think people underestimate what these synthetic drugs are doing to people. We have have recently had a rash of bad endings from use of these synthetic drugs. One young man is dead at the age of 22 and another has been institutionalized. His behavior was bizarre and uncontainable. They say he may never recover. He is 18 years old. There is a third who was hospitalized with the other one, but no new information has been released on him. I'm sure there are even more cases that the public is not aware of.

I think people underestimate what these synthetic drugs are doing to people. We have have recently had a rash of bad endings from use of these synthetic drugs. One young man is dead at the age of 22 and another has been institutionalized. His behavior was bizarre and uncontainable. They say he may never recover. He is 18 years old. There is a third who was hospitalized with the other one, but no new information has been released on him. I'm sure there are even more cases that the public is not aware of.

Yep.
While early 30s would be late for "natural" schizophrenia to appear it is possible. But these drugs can easily cause psychosis and schizophrenic like symptoms.

Timeline:

http://ktar.com/23/1765648/Timeline-leading-to-dads-arrest-in-5-kids-deaths

May 2012: Timothy Ray Jones Jr. sees a therapist with concerns that something "was just not right" with his marriage. After the couple separated for two weeks, he said he discovered his wife was having an affair with the then-19-year-old neighbor, according to divorce records.

June 2012: Jones takes the three oldest kids to his relatives in Mississippi. When he returns to get the fourth, he found his wife at home with the neighbor. The couple officially separate.

December 2012: The couple's fifth child is born...

According to my local news in Ia., there was a child abuse investigation in August, but nothing came of it. Sadly, if that investigation didn't lead to the children being removed from the home, I don't anything could of saved them. It sounds like from the ktar.com article that they were already missing on August 28th and by the time the mom reported them missing, I think it was too late for an Amber Alert or pictures of them to be released. I thought that maybe the youngest girl may of belonged to the neighbor, but it looks like she was having an affair with him while pregnant according to the timeline.

Spice:

Spice users report experiences similar to those produced by marijuana—elevated mood, relaxation, and altered perception—and in some cases the effects are even stronger than those of marijuana. Some users report psychotic effects like extreme anxiety, paranoia, and hallucinations. So far, there have been no scientific studies of Spice’s effects on the human brain, but we do know that the cannabinoid compounds found in Spice products act on the same cell receptors as THC, the primary psychoactive component of marijuana. Some of the compounds found in Spice, however, bind more strongly to those receptors, which could lead to a much more powerful and unpredictable effect. Because the chemical composition of many products sold as Spice is unknown, it is likely that some varieties also contain substances that could cause dramatically different effects than the user might expect. What Are the Other Health Effects of Spice? Spice abusers who have been taken to Poison Control Centers report symptoms that include rapid heart rate, vomiting, agitation, confusion, and hallucinations. Spice can also raise blood pressure and cause reduced blood supply to the heart (myocardial ischemia), and in a few cases it has been associated with heart attacks. Regular users may experience withdrawal and addiction symptoms.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/spice-synthetic-marijuana

please please please legalize the natural stuff already, sheeesh

kids_zps23ee4541.jpg

http://www.wltx.com/story/news/crim...nes-accused-of-murder-of-5-children/15384987/

Bless their sweet little hearts. It terrifies me to think of what they went through before their last breath!

Thank you :) I have that crazy ex who stops at nothing to make my life hell ... He has no visitation and won't if I can help it! But I see so many courts fail the kids based on a bitter spouse with more money/ resources ... And I honestly think that's what is going on here. And from experience with someone like this, it was always about me, and getting me back or making me pay .. Never once about our kids. That's why stories like this really upset me .. :(

I have same situation. Thanks for sharing. These bad ex's don't care about hurting the kids. Even 6 years later, mine still using our sons to hurt me. What he doesn't realize is that he can't hurt me anymore. But he knows hurting my sons will hurt me. Selfish SOB. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back