GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who all knew that her mom was going into work that early that morning ? Neighbors? Moms "friend"? Co-workers?

Ooovooo was never mentioned by the PI on JVM in response to a callers question. It seems to be the cool way most teens in my area are communicating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GABRIELLE SWAINSON, Age Now: 15, Missing: 08/18/2012. Missing From RICHLAND, SC. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Richland County Sheriff's Office (South Carolina) 1-803-576-3000.

More...

NCMC1201209c1.jpg

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/23/3472842/search-for-missing-cheerleader.html

very informative article at link. Here is a snip:

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott has activated his major crimes unit – a team of veteran investigators, replacing the missing persons unit that initially handled the case. He said Wednesday he is highly concerned about the 15-year-old girl’s vanishing with no trace.

“We’ve put our best people on this,” Lott said in an interview. “We’re going to work this like it’s something bad, in hopes that it turns out to be something good.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ch-for-missing-cheerleader.html#storylink=cpy

Tara Swainson said that was the first time that Elvia Swainson had left her daughter alone in the house that early in the morning. “She and Gabbiee stayed up really late, watching movies, riding out a thunderstorm that night.” Gabrielle was sleeping in her second-story bedroom when her mother left, Tara Swainson said.

“The one time she decides to go to the office in the wee hours of the morning, this tragic thing happens,” Tara Swainson said. The mother went into the office to catch up on some back work she was worried about, she said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ch-for-missing-cheerleader.html#storylink=cpy

also, Gabrielle had just made the cheerleading squad and was looking forward to school starting.

I don't think she would have known her mother slipped away to the office if she was sleeping.

If you're looking to join in a search party for the missing 15-year-old, here are your options.

On Aug. 23, you can meet at the Bush River Road Walmart at 4 p.m. to distribute flyers. You can download the flyer here.

Another group is forming on Two Notch Road today. Details are still forthcoming on that search.
http://springvalley.patch.com/articles/search-party-information-where-to-look-for-gabrielle-swainson

there is also a breaking news banner at this link that says a body found is not her... fwiw... so there has also been a female body found in the area.

I'm glad to see this is getting more coverage.

I find it odd that the cell is missing. Maybe she heard someone coming and grabbed it, then kept it with her? Maybe she took it outside with her to speak with someone she knew?

I hope they find her soon and she is OK.

I'm glad to see this is getting more coverage.

I find it odd that the cell is missing. Maybe she heard someone coming and grabbed it, then kept it with her? Maybe she took it outside with her to speak with someone she knew?

I hope they find her soon and she is OK.

I'm from Columbia, but not from her side of town, it's a good bit north of me, I live in SE Cola, she's from NE Cola. WLTX and WIS are really covering this, her Mom has been very vocal and right out there looking for her. So is Sheriff Lott. Good to see and hear that they are taking this seriously instead of the general "run-away" that we see so much of. Her Mom was interviewed at the school. Sorry, I have no idea how to link. From what I hear, and can't really go into stats, that area, although quite middle income to upper income, is having a surge in gang activity. No matter what, I hope she's OK.

It has been five days since 15-year-old Gabbiee Swainson was reported missing from her Northeast Columbia home. Today was supposed to be her first day of school.

Since then, Gabbiee's mother, Elvia Swainson, filed a police report, hired a private investigator, and continued to search on her own.

Elvia's private investigator, Chandra Cleveland-Jennings, says every minute Gabbiee is missing matters.

"You better listen up. If you have a teenage daughter or a son and they go missing, it's usually classified as a runaway, and if you don't take matters into your own hands sooner than later, then your efforts may be in vain, and we just hope our efforts won't be in vain," Cleveland-Jennings said.

The Richland County Sheriff's department has been working this case as well. They say there are no signs of foul play. The investigator says she's checked all the social media sites and her computer, but have found no credible tips.
http://www.wistv.com/story/19337256/missing-teens-mom-im-on-autopilot-i-have-to-bring-my-baby-home

I feel that I need to explain the "gang" comment. In no way do I think Gabbiee is involved in a gang! Just thought I'd bring it up as a theory, there are a lot of "sauve" guys in the area that are just plain evil.

I wonder if they have her phone records by now, to see who she spoke with last. Seems someone must have known she would be alone, either she received or made a call?

I watched the mother and her PI on JVM. I found it odd that the mother had to turn to the PI for all the answers, at first I thought it was her lawyer. :confused:

I feel so sorry for this poor mom. When I saw in that one article she was calling out her daughter's name as she was driving around searching for her only daughter, it broke my heart. This young lady is beautiful and seems to have so much going for, including a mom who loves her very much. Probably working extra in order to provide for her.

My heart breaks for this mother. She is completely devastated. My hat is off to her for getting a PI on this so quickly.

Hope that LE has checked ROS in the area. I always find myself wanting the police to go into nearby homes and search when a child is kidnapped but I know they really cannot do that. Seems like someone would have seen something, if it did not occur right after mom left; ie, strange car. They need to find exactly who knew she was going to work that morning. Didn't she say she normally does not work those hours? Oh please let this have a happy ending. Praying for her safe return.

Hope that LE has checked ROS in the area. I always find myself wanting the police to go into nearby homes and search when a child is kidnapped but I know they really cannot do that. Seems like someone would have seen something, if it did not occur right after mom left; ie, strange car. They need to find exactly who knew she was going to work that morning. Didn't she say she normally does not work those hours? Oh please let this have a happy ending. Praying for her safe return.

From what she said on JVM was that she was going into work early that day to finish off a project she was working on so she could spend the rest of the weekend with her daughter. She was very strict with her daughters cell phone useage, I believe she said that she takes the cell phone away at 8:30pm each night and gives it back to her in the mornings.. she said she helps her with time management. IIRC

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back