GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I may have misspoken, mom's 'friend' the handyman who had done some work for her.

I haven't heard about that but that's interesting for sure. I don't know why Elizabeth Smart suddenly came to mind.

Do you have a link to the info about the moms friend?

Not sure if this was already posted. Did the version change from what happened that morning? Mom says in this video that she went to check on Gabbiee at 3:30 and she was fine and then at around 7:15 she went to check on her and she was gone (??) I thought the more recent version said the mom was at work. :waitasec: Mom is very detailed in the video.

RAW INTERVIEW: Elvia Swainson mother of missing SC teen Gabbiee Swainson - YouTube

ETA: Just found the JVM transcripts and it does say mom returned at 7:30 and Gabbiee was gone. I wonder what she does for a living? 3 hour job? Church maybe?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s jump into that. Let`s jump into that. You last saw your daughter Gabby early Saturday. You say you gave Gabby her cell phone before leaving for work at about 3:45 a.m. You told us Gabby`s alarm goes off every morning at 5:45.

So first of all, let me try to get a sense here. Where do you go at 3:45? You`re going to work Saturday. You come home at 7:30, and why would Gabby have her alarm set for 5:45, if that`s a Saturday? Is there a particular reason why she wanted to wake up that early on Saturday?

SWAINSON: I only believe that her alarm clock is set already. We normally -- sometimes we go to church on -- the first service at our church, which is at 7, and she does take an hour to get dressed. So I can only think -- the only think I can think of is that she may have gotten her days mixed up and had already set the alarm clock. Because she is not a procrastinator. She would do things way in advance. And so I don`t know if she purposely set it for Sunday, or if she mistakenly set it for Sunday morning.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/22/ijvm.01.html

Mom went to the office to catch up on some work. That clarifies the 3 hours I mentioned earlier.

Tara Swainson said that was the first time that Elvia Swainson had left her daughter alone in the house that early in the morning. “She and Gabbiee stayed up really late, watching movies, riding out a thunderstorm that night.” Gabrielle was sleeping in her second-story bedroom when her mother left, Tara Swainson said.

“The one time she decides to go to the office in the wee hours of the morning, this tragic thing happens,” Tara Swainson said. The mother went into the office to catch up on some back work she was worried about, she said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ch-for-missing-cheerleader.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/23/3472842/search-for-missing-cheerleader.html

From JVM transcript posted above.

SWAINSON: Yes. My normal work hours is 8 to 5 p.m., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. I -- sometimes we have projects that we have to get completed by a certain date.

On this particular time I did have a project that I had to get completed by Wednesday. I thought about it. Sometimes it`s not just me but other co-workers. Sometimes we go in the office a little early just to get things caught up. And that was what my plan was Saturday morning, was to get up, go ahead and get the project completed so that I could enjoy the rest of the weekend with my daughter. So this is actually -- I work for an insurance company.

The "friend" helping with remodeling.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. All right. I think you`ve answered that. And I just want to continue, because we want to -- we want to solve this and help you find your daughter.

Ten years ago Elizabeth Smart`s parents endured the same nightmare that you`re going through. Elizabeth was actually snatched from her bedroom.

Now, their prayers were answered. Elizabeth was found alive, safe and sound nine months after someone who had done yard work for the family abducted her from her bedroom.

And so Elvia, I want to ask you, because there`s different types of abductions. And we pray that your daughter is found safe and sound, as was Elizabeth. But has there been anybody in your life, anybody hanging around, doing yard work, for example, or a friend that you feel like, I`m not so sure about this person? Maybe they had a drug problem or an alcohol problem or they`re just behaving strangely? Anybody like that?

SWAINSON: Well, I do have a close friend that was helping me with some remodeling in my house. That`s about...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: A male?

SWAINSON: I don`t have a -- yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Is this a male? OK, this -- you had a male who was helping around the house. Explain that. And Chandra, if you`d like to take it, go ahead.

CLEVELAND-JENNINGS: Yes, I would like to. Yes, it was just a friend that was helping her with some odds and ends of repairing a floor that had water damage. And they became friends, and that`s about it, that we know and have the information on him.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Have police interviewed him?

CLEVELAND-JENNINGS: Yes, they have, but we can`t share that information with you from their interview.

http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/22/ijvm.01.html

Someone either:

A. Had to know mom was leaving for work that particular early morning.
B. Had to have been watching the house.
or
C. Not really been at work that morning.

Did anyone see mom that morning? Not that I really believe she was involved, she looks/ sounds like a fantastic mom.

I have always been skeptical at the 'child went missing while I stepped out' theory, HOWEVER, I took my husband to the airport this morning, locked all the doors and came home 50 min later. My 18 year old daughter said that 30 min after I left she heard a scraping against the back side of the house, like a ladder sliding acrossed it. It was so loud it woke my 5 year old also. It could have been anything, I guess (no trees on that side), but it opened my eyes to the possibilities.

Of course, I have 2 mean dogs ;o)

has mom said whether or not she told gabbiee that she was going into work for a few hours?

From what I understand, mom said she went into G's bedroom, put her iPhone in her hand and told her she was leaving.

This is very close to me, I will see what is new with some of my authority friends.

Someone either:

A. Had to know mom was leaving for work that particular early morning.
B. Had to have been watching the house.
or
C. Not really been at work that morning.

Did anyone see mom that morning? Not that I really believe she was involved, she looks/ sounds like a fantastic mom.

I have always been skeptical at the 'child went missing while I stepped out' theory, HOWEVER, I took my husband to the airport this morning, locked all the doors and came home 50 min later. My 18 year old daughter said that 30 min after I left she heard a scraping against the back side of the house, like a ladder sliding acrossed it. It was so loud it woke my 5 year old also. It could have been anything, I guess (no trees on that side), but it opened my eyes to the possibilities.

Of course, I have 2 mean dogs ;o)

ITA that someone had to know mom was going to work that morning. I think if they can figure out who knew, it may be a huge step in finding this beautiful child. The reason I think this is due to the fact mom has said that she usually does not work those hours. Somebody, if they actually took her, would have to know they would have an opportunity to get in and get out. I used to go in to the office in the wee hours to get work done. You can get so much done by doing that with no telephones ringing or other distractions. Bless mom's heart. She is tryng so hard to make a good life for her daughter and I'm sure it is not easy.

So LE won't tell her what the results of their interview with her handyman/friend were? You would think they would relieve her mind, if he was cleared by LE. That is kind of worrisome. (Last sentence in the transcript from JVM, posted above.)

I agree that someone could have been watching the house. A possible scenario is a neighbor or guest of a neighbor. They see the car leave and figure they will break in, steal some meds or money or something. The perp might have knocked to see if anyone answered the door...Gabbiee answers. All of a sudden the plan changes...
That would explain no struggle in the house.

Or, could Gabbiee have called a friend or boyfriend that night? At that age, having a house to themselves is a big thing- if only for a few hours. Who knows what could have happened then. Are there any all night restaurants around there?

I agree that someone could have been watching the house. A possible scenario is a neighbor or guest of a neighbor. They see the car leave and figure they will break in, steal some meds or money or something. The perp might have knocked to see if anyone answered the door...Gabbiee answers. All of a sudden the plan changes...

Or, could Gabbiee have called a friend or boyfriend that night? At that age, having a house to themselves is a big thing- if only for a few hours. Who knows what could have happened then. Are there any all night restaurants around there?

She was in her pajamas and left everything behind.

Either mom did something to her ( I highly doubt) or someone very close did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her cellphone is the only item missing which leads me to believe that she didn't plan on meeting up with a friend or boyfriend. Most 15 year olds would take their purse along if they were going out even for a couple of hours, imo

I wish we knew if the door was locked when mom got home. It appears she couldn't tell because she unlocked it with a key and didn't notice (??)

I wonder if the neighbours heard or saw anything. A vehicle?

I'm still suspicious of this "friend" who was doing repairs in the home. Did he and mom discuss a time he could be at the house? In other words, did he say something like when can I come by and mom told him after 7:30 because she was going to work before then?

Someone knew mom was not going to be home from approximately 4 - 7. Who?

I thought Mom had said at one point she only decided to go to work the night before, or after they got home from their evening out-does anyone recall?

If this was not a normal thing, I don't know why anyone would expect her to be out at that hour on a Saturday morning, unless she told someone.

COLUMBIA, S.C. --
FBI agents have now joined the search for a missing South Carolina teenager.

Gabrielle Swainson, 15, also known as Gabbie, was last seen at her home in Columbia nearly one week ago.

Her mother says her daughter would never run away from home and her keys and purse were still there.

The only thing missing was her cell phone.

The National Center For Missing And Exploited Children also took on the case.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/aug/24/fbi-joins-search-missing-teen-ar-4404635/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back