GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Very good point. I did not think of that. My kids have unlimited plans because God help my wallet if they didn't. What is ur opinion on the alarm clock? It's summer time and it's set for 5:30? I mentioned this to my kids and a few of their friends that were over and they all looked at me as though I had two heads!

One of the articles explained the alarm time. Mom & Gabbiee would attend a 7:00 AM church service on Sunday & it took Gabbiee about an hour to get ready. Mom thought Gabbiee may have had her days mixed up. It sounded like mom was off work on Friday since she described the day they had.

bbm: Along the same lines, I was wondering if Gabbiee might have been too asleep to register what her mom was saying to her as she left, but roused up enough, after mom left, to find the phone in her hand -- and mom not there. Maybe she sleepily wandered outside to see if mom was outside, if her car was there, etc. -- and something happened there...?

I'm sure LE has checked her phone records -- do wonder if she called or tried to call anyone.

I was thinking the same thing. I have 3 children & you can wake them from a deep sleep & tell them something & they won't remember it or only remember it after being reminded. Gabbiee could have wandered outside looking for mom & was grabbed or the perps were driving around looking for a house to hit & noticed no car in the driveway & broke in. I bet they don't have a garage & it's obvious when the car is gone. There is a chance she called someone & left voluntarily but it is highly unlikely in her pj's with no shoes.

One of the articles explained the alarm time. Mom & Gabbiee would attend a 7:00 AM church service on Sunday & it took Gabbiee about an hour to get ready. Mom thought Gabbiee may have had her days mixed up. It sounded like mom was off work on Friday since she described the day they had.

I can't imagine her not knowing what day it was...she had her big night on Friday night, the first time she was allowed to see a boy. And then she thinks it is Sunday suddenly?

Idk what to think, but this reminds me of Meeka Willingham. It sounds like it could be similar circumstances, differing maybe only in the details. :(

Refresh my memory?

Meeka was a 17 year old who was stabbed to death (like 50-something times if I remember right) by a family friend that was a sexual psychopath. I don't recall all the details (it happened in 1994 I believe) but from what I do remember the family friend asked Meeka to come over and watch some movies. She did, and sometime during the course of that night he stabbed her (and I think sexually assaulted her) then ran to a pay phone and called police and confessed.

Any registered sex offenders in the surrounding area? I know. Probably a stupid question considering there always are but just wondering how close to the home. Does anyone know how to check? I'm most interested in her neighbours.

I've not read all of the linked articles, but a few trying to get caught up, so sorry if my questions have already been addressed, but I didn't see them. i'm curious how large the business is where mom works? Large enough for security guards or small park out front and let yourself in? Have any other employees where she works been burgled?

Just a question, but why give the phone to Gabbiee, why not put on nightstand, kitchen table, bathroom sink? Or does everyone sleep with their smart phones in their hands? :what: I haven'tjumped on the smart phone bandwagon yet...

To me, too coincidental for her to disappear the very first time mom went to work in the middle ofthe night? I work with people that do this on a regular basis, so that's not what I find odd. Someone had to know, by prior knowledge, or it was a phenomenol stroke of luck for the perp considering the time...

All the above, just random questions that come to mind... MHOO :moo:
Where are you Gabbiee?

Eta meaning mom discussed the possibility of going in early, at work, at the grocery store .......

I'm not completey sure about her job, but putting different articles and comments together, I believe she works for Companion Third Party, processing workers comp claims. Companion is a BIG company so I would think that she would be in a rather "safe" work environment at night. Don't hold me to that, AFAIK it's not been in MSM.
OT: I'm local, but flip-flopping fron WS to NOAA. My 91 yr old Dad lives in Mobile, alone, so I'm keeping up from Columbia weather-wise.

Southsleuth, Do you have family in the area to help your dad? I live near Mobile. We are all a little anxious about Isaac.

Southsleuth, Do you have family in the area to help your dad? I live near Mobile. We are all a little anxious about Isaac.

How very kind! He lives in a nice neighborhood where younger folks (gee that's everyone!) look after the older ones. He's stocked up and ready! As a matter of fact, I couldn't reach him the first of the week, called neighbors, had panic attacks etc, and lo and behold he was at Wally World, a lot, picking up everything he thought he'd need. He's a tough old bird!

I'm not completey sure about her job, but putting different articles and comments together, I believe she works for Companion Third Party, processing workers comp claims. Companion is a BIG company so I would think that she would be in a rather "safe" work environment at night. Don't hold me to that, AFAIK it's not been in MSM.
OT: I'm local, but flip-flopping fron WS to NOAA. My 91 yr old Dad lives in Mobile, alone, so I'm keeping up from Columbia weather-wise.

Oh no, I hope Isaac fizzles out; how horrible to not be able to help your dad. :(

Thanks for the info about the job. I was kind of thinking along the lines of who would see her there and know her daughter was home alone if they knew her well enough, or knew her house was unattended...

I hope the storm doesn't hit Mobile and your Dad's ok ....:please:

That's awesome! It's always great to hear about people looking out for one another! :)

Oh no, I hope Isaac fizzles out; how horrible to not be able to help your dad. :(

Thanks for the info about the job. I was kind of thinking along the lines of who would see her there and know her daughter was home alone if they knew her well enough, or knew her house was unattended...

I hope the storm doesn't hit Mobile and your Dad's ok ....:please:

I have very limited knowledge about Companion, but Columbia is the HQ and it's a really big corporation. If that in fact is really where mom works and think it is.
OT
Like I said, Daddy is a tough old bird, assigned to radar in the USMC, WWII, Pacific, worked in radar and Communications, could teach NOAA a few things! Thanks! Great when neighborhood folks can come together. Sort of like us on WS!!

Hope they find Gabbiee....strange--if she was taken against her will---that she would have her phone on her person. I wish this was merely a runaway case ; with that said, there are creepy people out there who would take advantage of a young person in a bad situation, so being a runaway doesn't mean she's safe.
@ southsleuth, thinking about your dad and hope he'll be fine ! Glad he has nice neighbors. :)

Thank you for all the kind thoughts!
I keep going back to gang activity. I have been in a few seminars lately sponssored by the RCSD. They have a task force that pretty well keeps up with the ways that gangs "evolve", the changes in demeanor and such. They are not always the stereotypical, run, rob, shoot 'em up in public, although that seems to be the typical face put on it. Some of the dudes can fool anyone to thinking, "What a nice Kid". Just throwing that out there. Gabbiee is 15, single mom working hard for them to have a good lifestyle. So many possibilities and none of them good.

I have very limited knowledge about Companion, but Columbia is the HQ and it's a really big corporation. If that in fact is really where mom works and think it is.
OT
Like I said, Daddy is a tough old bird, assigned to radar in the USMC, WWII, Pacific, worked in radar and Communications, could teach NOAA a few things! Thanks! Great when neighborhood folks can come together. Sort of like us on WS!!

Based on the area where they live & that mom said her type of work & it was only about 10 mins away, I guessed Companion also. They would most likely have a security guard & a card scanner for entrance. Her story could be easily verified. I checked her neighborhood on www.crimereports.org and there are no RSO homes that she would have passed to leave her neighborhood. Many do not register when moving however.

I can't imagine her not knowing what day it was...she had her big night on Friday night, the first time she was allowed to see a boy. And then she thinks it is Sunday suddenly?

When I take off work on Friday, I will often think Sat is Sunday. If you're not in school yet & mom is off on Friday, it may feel like Saturday. Or should could have just slipped the alarm accidentally. My teenagers' alarms will sometimes go off on the weekends. Having raised 3 teenagers, I don't find it odd at all.

Any registered sex offenders in the surrounding area? I know. Probably a stupid question considering there always are but just wondering how close to the home. Does anyone know how to check? I'm most interested in her neighbours.

I searched familywatchdog.us website.....

Columbia, SC.

Saw many RSO's... But since I don't know Gabbiee's address... I don't know how close they are to her home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back