GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO... the phone restrictions are not indicative of excessive control. Most teenagers will exceed their minutes and can spend hours & hours talking, texting & playing games on their phone. I think it is very smart parenting.

Gosh... I have to say there is a stark contrast between the parenting styles of children who disappear from horrific circumstances vs those who disappear from parents who actually give a d@mn about their children.

Sometimes it appears the parents who pay close attention to what is going on in their children's lives are judged as harshly as those who don't. I'm not saying one extreme is worse than the other but I'd give far more credit to the parents who are actively involved.

Do children rebel in either scenario? Sure... that is the nature of teenagers but the difference in their habits, choices & lifestyle patterns can say a lot about whether or not a child runs away or is taken against their will.

I don't think this child ran away - she had a mother who by all accounts (so far) was raising a successful young lady. I said it before but I think it is worth repeating - people who have something to hide will not open their lives to a PI much less pay for one.

That is not to say that I don't hope she suddenly out of the blue decided to run away for whatever reason because that would open up the possibility of her being alive. The longer a child who is abducted is missing it diminishes the chance of them being found or suffering horrific circumstances. Just ask Elizabeth Smart... thankfully we have the opportunity to learn from that brilliant young woman.

This is very out of character," she said. "Gabby is a good girl, a good student. She has been taking guitar lessons and she just made the cheerleading team at Ridgeview High School. She was very excited about going back to school Thursday because she had made the squad. She had just picked out her book-sack as well as the clothes she was going to wear to school."

Cleveland-Jennings told HuffPost she suspects Swainson may have been abducted from the home.

"She is a girly-girl who would never leave the house in pajamas. She always makes sure her makeup is done before she leaves the house and she is a habitual texter, but there has been no form of communication from her," Cleveland-Jennings said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/22/gabrielle-gabby-swainson-missing_n_1822607.html

The search for this teen is the largest in years.

More than 40 county and federal law agents are now on the case full time, Sheriff Leon Lott said Sunday night.
The agents include a behavioral scientist from the FBI’s famed psychological unit at Quantico, Va., Lott said.
Other FBI agents from out-of-state are in town working the case, along with local federal agents, Lott said.

Four large black Suburban SUVs driven by FBI agents were seen at the Swainson house late Sunday afternoon in the 200 block of Tamara Way. Agents got in the vehicles and drove off.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has also sent a consultant to work with Lott’s department

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/27/2414131/search-for-missing-teen-largest.html#storylink=cpy

This reminds me of Sierra Lamar!

15 yrs old home alone and Poof!

Someone knew Mom left! JMO

Her taking her Cell Phone with her to me says she knew this person and went willingly!
JMO

I guess her phone was disabled right away and is of no use to LE as far as tracking?
If they cannot get anything from the phone...are there any cameras on the street? How many vehicles would have been on that street during those early AM hours? Any locals know if there are any cameras or businesses nearby?

Her taking her Cell Phone with her to me says she knew this person and went willingly!
JMO

Or it was close by (as it has been reported), she grabbed it to dial 911 and the perps took it with them to ensure it was destroyed and they had more time to get away.

IMO... the phone restrictions are not indicative of excessive control. Most teenagers will exceed their minutes and can spend hours & hours talking, texting & playing games on their phone. I think it is very smart parenting.

Gosh... I have to say there is a stark contrast between the parenting styles of children who disappear from horrific circumstances vs those who disappear from parents who actually give a d@mn about their children.

Sometimes it appears the parents who pay close attention to what is going on in their children's lives are judged as harshly as those who don't. I'm not saying one extreme is worse than the other but I'd give far more credit to the parents who are actively involved.

Do children rebel in either scenario? Sure... that is the nature of teenagers but the difference in their habits, choices & lifestyle patterns can say a lot about whether or not a child runs away or is taken against their will.

I don't think this child ran away - she had a mother who by all accounts (so far) was raising a successful young lady. I said it before but I think it is worth repeating - people who have something to hide will not open their lives to a PI much less pay for one.

That is not to say that I don't hope she suddenly out of the blue decided to run away for whatever reason because that would open up the possibility of her being alive. The longer a child who is abducted is missing it diminishes the chance of them being found or suffering horrific circumstances. Just ask Elizabeth Smart... thankfully we have the opportunity to learn from that brilliant young woman.

I completely agree with you, especially with the bolded. It truly baffles me that this mother is being called controlling/strict. Parents are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Have they said if the house showed signs of a break-in?

hope this doesnt offend anyone, but yep re above as I find it all a bit too coincidental, also have the LE confirmed that mum was at work (cameras?) when she says she was.

If mum didnt do something then I'd be looking into handyman friend!!

I also hate to even go here....but everything must be put out there; could mom and daughter gotten into a fight regarding the date and something terrible happened. Then mom leaves in the middle of the night (something she has never done before) to "hide" the daughter?

I also hate to even go here....but everything must be put out there; could mom and daughter gotten into a fight regarding the date and something terrible happened. Then mom leaves in the middle of the night (something she has never done before) to "hide" the daughter?

This is in the back of my mind, BUT I do not see it in this mother,

It feels like the mom is being victimized here for her care of her daughter. Some parents are strict, but loving, and children THRIVE in that environment. Reading almost any thread on WS will prove that parents who are actively involved with their children don't normally have them show up "missing". My adult children are all hardworking, drug free, sex free, kind people. And I parent just like her.

Another thought... IF mom did something rash to her daughter, I highly doubt she would "hide" her. By all appearances she's been a wonderful mother thus far, and would likely be devastated if she caused her daughter harm. MOO

Another thought... IF mom did something rash to her daughter, I highly doubt she would "hide" her. By all appearances she's been a wonderful mother thus far, and would likely be devastated if she caused her daughter harm. MOO

I agree, I do not suspect the mother, but this case is just so dumbfounding that I think they HAVE TO explore EVERY possibility.

The investigation into the disappearance of 15-year-old Gabrielle Swainson has expanded into one of the Richland County Sheriff’s Department’s largest and most intensive searches in years.
More than 40 county and federal law agents are now on the case full time, Sheriff Leon Lott said Sunday night.
The agents include a behavioral scientist from the FBI’s famed psychological unit at Quantico, Va., Lott said.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/27/...-teen-largest.html#.UDuex459GXw#storylink=cpy

So many detectives are working on Gabrielle’s disappearance full time that early Aug. 19, after a security guard was shot and killed at a local nightclub, a detective supervisor who wouldn’t ordinarily work a killing was put on that case, Lott said.
Also, about 50 officials from his department and other departments are also on a standby status to swing into action if needed.
Four large black Suburban SUVs driven by FBI agents were seen at the Swainson house late Sunday afternoon in the 200 block of Tamara Way. Agents got in the vehicles and drove off.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/27/...-teen-largest.html#.UDuex459GXw#storylink=cpy

more at link... glad to see all the resources on this case

There had been some rumors early on about her having run away w/boyfriend but as time goes on that seems more and more unlikely. So worried about this child---I hope she is found soon!!

I don't think that the mother is involved at all. She is doing everything possible to bring her daughter home. You can tell by the interviews she has done that Gabbiee is truly the center of her world.

I don't think mom is involved either. She sounds very believable, IMO. The LE believes mom. I'm sure they have checked her out.

I'm afraid that maybe Gabbie heard something that woke her, grabbed her phone, and went to check it out. . .then????

Just throwing this out there...

could GS's "bf" have an older brother, cousin, relative who sent bf to the house to lure GS, then abducted her?

Maybe bf just asked this person for a ride to her house... He gets her to come to the door.. Then older relative "takes it from there"?

But.. We would probably know this by now.

This is just me thinking out loud.

IMO, I think somebody had been watching her and planned to take her. I wouldn't be surprised if the perp lived close enough to see when mom left. I think he just walked in and took her. Probably seen the cell laying there and grabbed it after he cut it off. Maybe he took the cell to make police believe she ran away. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back