GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully snipped from PaigeSC post # 552 above

the mother clearly isn't interested in keeping her daughter front & center due the public's curiosity about her relationship with Freddie Grant and her refusal to elaborate or clarify, IMHO

I do not agree - MOO - it is in no way clear that this mother is uninterested in keeping her daughter's name and face out there and further IMHO she owes the public zero info about her dating/sex or personal life. She owes that information to LE , and apparently has been forthcoming with them, as it may be relevant to their ongoing investigation, but the public. Nope.

We will have to agree to disagree as we both are pretty solid in our differing opinions and believes about the facts of this case.

I agree 100% with you. And Gabbiee's mother is also a victim here.

Respectfully snipped from PaigeSC post # 552 above

the mother clearly isn't interested in keeping her daughter front & center due the public's curiosity about her relationship with Freddie Grant and her refusal to elaborate or clarify, IMHO

I do not agree - MOO - it is in no way clear that this mother is uninterested in keeping her daughter's name and face out there and further IMHO she owes the public zero info about her dating/sex or personal life. She owes that information to LE , and apparently has been forthcoming with them, as it may be relevant to their ongoing investigation, but the public. Nope.

We will have to agree to disagree as we both are pretty solid in our differing opinions and believes about the facts of this case.

We will agree to disagree :) . And you are right, she doesn't owe the public anything at all. I can only go by what I have seen since the arrest and I have seen nothing that indicates her interest in keeping this case front and center based solely on the fact she's not giving any interviews or having pressers of her own (to keep the public interest up.) It was LE who kept the public updated but at this point they have their man and there's really no point in doing weekly pressers when there's no new info to report. The squeaky wheel gets the oil and it's the parents who become well known to the public and the media that continue to keep the attention on their child. IMHO.

Edited to ad: I am not implying one way or the other as to the innocence or guilt of those who don't stay in the public eye when their child goes missing. It's my opinion, however, that keeping interest up is more often or not accomplished by parents who don't shy from the media. The media and the public have a way of bonding with those whom they've gotten to know by seeing their faces so frequently. Kyron's mom is an example. I don't think there is a mother around who doesn't identify with her on some level and would love nothing more than to see her son returned and those responsible brought to justice.

Thank Goodness!

It's good that our high Sheriff can speak his mind. But on the other hand, I feel sure that this 's attorney will be able to use it in court. Several years ago we had a case in SC where a couple of teenagers were murdered, brutally, and the judge said some horrible things (all true IMO) about the perps (that's as nice as I can describe them). The Public Defender was able to get an appeal for their DP sentence. It ended up costing the public a bunch, wasted a lot of years in court. They still got fried, but it took a lot longer.Sorry for the rant, I STILL don't know where I stand most of the time on the DP, except in this case. They needed to be dead a lot sooner. Sorry.

Yes, I was afraid the sheriff's words would come back to haunt him at some point...you really can't call a suspect a "monster" unless you are speaking of an unknown, yet to be identified person perhaps. It may be what everyone is thinking, but you just can't say it and he has to know better.

I really found this odd and not blaming the mom at all but who goes 2 work at 330 am? If u work night shift okay but just 2 go in? I'm totally scratching my head.

Nancy Grace has this case on now. Freddie isn't talking, and LE is trying to get him to tell them where she is. According to NG, LE thinks she may still be alive.

Nancy Grace has this case on now. Freddie isn't talking, and LE is trying to get him to tell them where she is. According to NG, LE thinks she may still be alive.

Watching it as well. I love NG but her facts aren't always true. Good tv ratings.

HOW could she be alive? Do they think this guy has some kind of accomplice? Someone kindly tending to her, feeding her, etc...? Or is it usual cop-speak for no proof she is not?

I view this site constantly but never comment...This is really close to home (Im in Charlotte,NC so on our local news..well WHEN it WAS on the news)..I just told my husband I hate that Ive seen no recent media coverage locally.....As for the mom not pushing the coverage,we dont know how shes feeling...if my child I dont think I could function let alone even think strait.

I hope and pray she is. I can't even imagine how her mother must feel right now :(

Sent From The Mad Hatter's Limited Edition Tea Cup Android Using The Red Queen's Wi-Fi

But if they really think she is alive...why isn't more being done to get publicity?

I really found this odd and not blaming the mom at all but who goes 2 work at 330 am? If u work night shift okay but just 2 go in? I'm totally scratching my head.

I know it seems odd to some people about going into a job at that time, but when I worked at a hospital, we rotated Saturdays in our transcription dept and if it was my Sat. to work, I would go in sometimes in the middle of the night so I could get my 8 hours over with and still have time to do something with my family. Also, I would find I could get a lot more work done in the quiet office by myself at that time. I don't think it is unusual for her to go in like that, but I personally would not leave my 16-year-old alone to do it. (Not judging her, as it sounds like she was doing the best she could, at least in my opinion, trying to provide for herself and her daughter) I am sure she is suffering so much right now. Very, very sad.

I know it seems odd to some people about going into a job at that time, but when I worked at a hospital, we rotated Saturdays in our transcription dept and if it was my Sat. to work, I would go in sometimes in the middle of the night so I could get my 8 hours over with and still have time to do something with my family. Also, I would find I could get a lot more work done in the quiet office by myself at that time. I don't think it is unusual for her to go in like that, but I personally would not leave my 16-year-old alone to do it. (Not judging her, as it sounds like she was doing the best she could, at least in my opinion, trying to provide for herself and her daughter) I am sure she is suffering so much right now. Very, very sad.

No I agree. If she was on call or something then yes going to work at that time would be okay. But if she's like me and works 8 to 5 then I'd never go to work at that time. There's a lot that still needs to unfold. Like why he had a key to their house. Idc I'd he did lie he should never have a key. I know the mom is a victim. But I have a 2 year old and would never leave him w o a baby sitter. Idc if he's 2 or 16 sorry :(. I hope she is alive and okay!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/23/3472842/search-for-missing-cheerleader.html
<<snipped>>
Gabrielle hasn’t been seen since her mother, Elvia Swainson, a single mom, left her in their two-story house at 221 Tamara Way alone on Saturday and went to work early, around 3 a.m., Richland County deputies said. Gabrielle is her only child.

When the mother came back shortly after 7 a.m. Saturday, she heard her daughter’s alarm going off in her second-floor bedroom. But her daughter wasn’t in the house.

Tara Swainson said that was the first time that Elvia Swainson had left her daughter alone in the house that early in the morning. “She and Gabbiee stayed up really late, watching movies, riding out a thunderstorm that night.” Gabrielle was sleeping in her second-story bedroom when her mother left, Tara Swainson said.

“The one time she decides to go to the office in the wee hours of the morning, this tragic thing happens,” Tara Swainson said. The mother went into the office to catch up on some back work she was worried about, she said.
This was discussed in earlier threads. It was the first the mother had gone into the office at that time.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/23/3472842/search-for-missing-cheerleader.html
<<snipped>>

This was discussed in earlier threads. It was the first the mother had gone into the office at that time.

No, there are conflicting reports (see my lengthy post with links a few pages back). It was never clarified as to whether this was her first time. Sheriff Lott said it wasn't unusual for her to go into work at that hour.. her sister said it was the very first time she went to work at that hour. Lots of weird conflicting reports and statements out there but no one is really sleuthing over all of the details since they have their primary person of interest behind bars.

I was shocked the last time NG had this case on because there weren't any new details (since the previous airing) but I'm double shocked she's covering it again. Truly! I'm happy for Gabbiee but I find it unusual due to the lack of ANY new developments essential to the case.

No, there are conflicting reports (see my lengthy post with links a few pages back). It was never clarified as to whether this was her first time. Sheriff Lott said it wasn't unusual for her to go into work at that hour.. her sister said it was the very first time she went to work at that hour. Lots of weird conflicting reports and statements out there but no one is really sleuthing over all of the details since they have their primary person of interest behind bars.

I was shocked the last time NG had this case on because there weren't any new details (since the previous airing) but I'm double shocked she's covering it again. Truly! I'm happy for Gabbiee but I find it unusual due to the lack of ANY new developments essential to the case.

I find Nancy Grace to be a little redundant and behind on releasing "new facts".

I view this site constantly but never comment...This is really close to home (Im in Charlotte,NC so on our local news..well WHEN it WAS on the news)..I just told my husband I hate that Ive seen no recent media coverage locally.....As for the mom not pushing the coverage,we dont know how shes feeling...if my child I dont think I could function let alone even think strait.

Glad you came out of lurkdom, yrmfp -- speaking out for Gabbiee! Happy to have you with us!

:welcome:

I wonder if there is an incinerator at the junk yard across the street (if there is such a thing normally at a junk yard).

Probably no on the incinerator, based on my experience with a number of mechanic/weekend hobbyist friends (and a hubby who's a great mechanic!).

What a junkyard might have IMO, and it's making me sick to even say this, is a "parts washer," something like this: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...en=natural&cm_cat=netconcepts&cm_pla=&cm_ite=

(legal stuff, this is NOT one I know of that the junkyard had nevermind one someone had in their home... nothing about the company, brand, knowledge of the case, or anything - just trying to show an example of what someone might have - at the shop or even at home)

We will agree to disagree :) . And you are right, she doesn't owe the public anything at all. I can only go by what I have seen since the arrest and I have seen nothing that indicates her interest in keeping this case front and center based solely on the fact she's not giving any interviews or having pressers of her own (to keep the public interest up.) It was LE who kept the public updated but at this point they have their man and there's really no point in doing weekly pressers when there's no new info to report. The squeaky wheel gets the oil and it's the parents who become well known to the public and the media that continue to keep the attention on their child. IMHO.

Edited to ad: I am not implying one way or the other as to the innocence or guilt of those who don't stay in the public eye when their child goes missing. It's my opinion, however, that keeping interest up is more often or not accomplished by parents who don't shy from the media. The media and the public have a way of bonding with those whom they've gotten to know by seeing their faces so frequently. Kyron's mom is an example. I don't think there is a mother around who doesn't identify with her on some level and would love nothing more than to see her son returned and those responsible brought to justice.

Nancy Grace did a half hr on her last night!
And it was Gabbee's dad that was on!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinrebano
Back