GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Probably no on the incinerator, based on my experience with a number of mechanic/weekend hobbyist friends (and a hubby who's a great mechanic!).

What a junkyard might have IMO, and it's making me sick to even say this, is a "parts washer," something like this: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...en=natural&cm_cat=netconcepts&cm_pla=&cm_ite=

(legal stuff, this is NOT one I know of that the junkyard had nevermind one someone had in their home... nothing about the company, brand, knowledge of the case, or anything - just trying to show an example of what someone might have - at the shop or even at home)

I would think at a junk yard they would have a crusher!
That thing that crushes metals!

I think it depends what kind of junk yard it is!
Cars? or just junk, here in my area there is a place u take old appliances
Another place ya take your old house junk like bikes lamps etc.

How about a wood chipper?
He was doing yard work. There are places you take your cuttings to dispose of them!
Sad to say that is something i would have never thought of till Zaharah Baker
came along!

He was doing yard work. There are places you take your cuttings to dispose of them!
came along!

Bumping up for Gabbiee. Praying she is found.

There's no telling what he did with her. Why LE says she can be alive is beyond me. Must be something LE has put out to get him to talk.

came along!

Well, yeah, they'd have a car crusher (if it's a car junk yard, I thought I read that it was?). IMO that seems like a horrible way to hide a body though, for a number of reasons - the obvious one being disbelief someone could even fathom doing that! But I can't fathom intentionally hurting a child either so... trying to think from the perp's point of view the biggest reason is I think it'd be pretty obvious. It would be nearly impossible to clean up all the "evidence" from a car crusher.

Although, I just got this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach when I realized he wasn't all that careful with the duct tape either apparently. Ugh. I forgot about the landscaping work and potential wood chipper. Ugh again. I hope they find her soon.

I would love more than anything to find out she's alive and can come home - I know all of us would! At this point I'm thinking it's so unlikely :( but I'd thrilled to be wrong.

So sad that Gabbie has not been found yet. This case is just simply horrible!!! I do have a question that I may have missed an answer to.... Why would the duct tape be in the junk yard across the street from his home? What possible scenario is there that would allow that duct tape to be in that location?

So sad that Gabbie has not been found yet. This case is just simply horrible!!! I do have a question that I may have missed an answer to.... Why would the duct tape be in the junk yard across the street from his home? What possible scenario is there that would allow that duct tape to be in that location?

Idk, but I keep wondering about that. Do you think he could have taken an old running junker from the junkyard to transport Gabbie? We haven't heard anything about any evidence in his car, but that doesn't mean there wasn't any. :waitasec:

One thing from the conflicting stories about Mom going to work at 3am. I don't believe she went to work. I think LE knows where she went and she was upfront about it with them from the start. . .but not something she wanted to reveal in public. I think it was probably something she has done before, and that's why LE said it wasn't unusual, but the sister is saying it was the first time she ever went into work like that. . .because that would be true if she had gone to work. Did that make sense?

But if my initial gut instinct is right, it might play into the motive for Grant.

MOO

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/201772/2/Saturday-Marks-4-Weeks-Since-Gabbiees-Disappearance

"I'm worried about finding Gabbiee," Lott said. "Anything I said has been the truth and I can back it with facts. I'm going to say what I've got to say and that's the truth, and whatever I can say that's going to help find Gabbiee then that's what I'm going to do."

Lott say his department has followed up on more than 400 Crimestoppers tips. If you know anything that can help with this case, you can call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC

http://www.wistv.com/story/19553298...-hopeful-daughter-will-be-found-after-1-month

"Mother hopeful teen daughter will be found after missing for 1 month"

"It's a hard job," said Elvia Swainson. "Trying to find your child it is a hard job."

More from your link, MommyPlatt:

...She's concerned people will give up on Gabbiee now that investigators have a suspect in her disappearance -- 52-year-old Freddie Grant.

"It's not all over because my daughter is not home yet," she said. "That's when it's over for me when she comes home." ...

http://www.wistv.com/story/19553298...-hopeful-daughter-will-be-found-after-1-month

Let's not "give up" on finding Gabbiee! No way!

I have a question!

Why would he have removed the duct tape from her and leave it?

Horrible thought here but...

did he have to remove the tape so he could position her a certain way?

I have a question!

Why would he have removed the duct tape from her and leave it?

Horrible thought here but...

did he have to remove the tape so he could position her a certain way?

Oh I hadn't thought about that, BBM good question.

A slightly more optimistic possibility, maybe he "left her for dead" not realizing she was still alive and she was able to get free somehow? She probably would've found her way to home or to help by now if that was the case though. :( Maybe she got the tape off and got as far as she could but it wasn't far enough for her to get help in time, if she had serious injuries?

A slightly more optimistic possibility, maybe he "left her for dead" not realizing she was still alive and she was able to get free somehow? She probably would've found her way to home or to help by now if that was the case though. :( Maybe she got the tape off and got as far as she could but it wasn't far enough for her to get help in time, if she had serious injuries?

If she had serious injuries, it's doubtful she would have gotten far and would still be in the search area. I hope you're right, though, and Gabiee did free herself. Maybe she escaped from FG's house and tore off pieces of the tape as she ran. Could she have taken refuge somewhere? She would need access to food and water. One thought is that someone took her in (how wonderful would that be unless it's someone as devious as FG) and doesn't know that there's a search for her. Highly unlikely, I know, unless it's someone without TV and Internet access. And Gabiee is afraid to go home, not knowing that her attacker is in jail.

There's also the possibility that Gabiee escaped temporarily, and FG captured her again before she could find help. :(

I can't remember if it was already discussed, but are there surveillance cameras in the area of FG's home? Any restaurants/shopping centers nearby?

I just want a good outcome for Gabiee. :please:

If she had serious injuries, it's doubtful she would have gotten far and would still be in the search area. I hope you're right, though, and Gabiee did free herself. Maybe she escaped from FG's house and tore off pieces of the tape as she ran. Could she have taken refuge somewhere? She would need access to food and water. One thought is that someone took her in (how wonderful would that be unless it's someone as devious as FG) and doesn't know that there's a search for her. Highly unlikely, I know, unless it's someone without TV and Internet access. And Gabiee is afraid to go home, not knowing that her attacker is in jail.

There's also the possibility that Gabiee escaped temporarily, and FG captured her again before she could find help. :(

I can't remember if it was already discussed, but are there surveillance cameras in the area of FG's home? Any restaurants/shopping centers nearby?

I just want a good outcome for Gabiee. :please:

Thanks for the reply. I know, almost every scenario I can think of is so unlikely but I do like your thought that maybe.. just maybe.. she found somewhere safe until the rest gets sorted out. And oh no :(, I hadn't even thought about her escaping and being re-captured. Poor Gabbiee! I don't know why exactly but I get the feeling she fought like <ahem> heck, no matter what has happened. I hope so much she can be home with her Mom soon.

About the cameras, not sure but I'd think so... hopefully LE is reviewing those tapes.

I think he removed it!
But for what reason?

Why would he do that?

Maybe he removed the duct tape because he knew she wouldnt scream anymore.

I think it had to be the tape over her mouth for there to have her hair on it but these are just MY thoughts!

If he took the tape off wouldnt any of his DNA be on it? He has been arrested so that makes me think they have something on him why wouldnt he talk what would be the advantage if you are caught you are caught. :(

Maybe he removed the duct tape because he knew she wouldnt scream anymore.

I think it had to be the tape over her mouth for there to have her hair on it but these are just MY thoughts!

Could it have been hair from her wrists?

If he took the tape off wouldnt any of his DNA be on it? He has been arrested so that makes me think they have something on him why wouldnt he talk what would be the advantage if you are caught you are caught. :(

If he knew he did not kill her, perhaps he would talk...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01
Back