GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that if the sherriff really thought that she was still alive and being held somewhere that he would have waited to make an arrest and just followed the "monster".

It sure makes me sad to see Gabbiee's case drop behind in the index and not see much information coming out in the media -- too soon, too soon!

I know "no news" is not really something we can do a whole lot about. I still hope maybe it means LE has something brewing that they need to keep close right now.

I've been thinking how some have said maybe a "drop" in interest (media, public, here, whatever) might be because of Gabbiee's mom having had some type of relationship with the suspect, or not having seemed to come out with the truth about it, or whatever. Personally, I see no reason to "blame mom" at this point, but even if some do assign some blame there -- still, why let it dampen concern for Gabbiee??

Since news is slow, I wanted to mention a theory that kicked around in my head for awhile concerning mom's relationship. This is purely hypothetical and only partly-formed -- just maybe a jumping-off place for some further thinking:

I wonder if it could be that the suspect presented himself (for a while) as a good "father figure" for Gabbiee -- could some of the rules we heard about (cell phone restrictions, no "mall dates" with boys, etc. -- not "extreme" rules, IMO, but rules just the same) even have been his suggestions? Made, perhaps, in truth for his own sense of control and perhaps eventual dark intent -- but maybe presented, at first, as "structure" Gabbiee "needed"? If so -- maybe after a while mom and Gabbiee compared notes and came up with that he was not such a "good thing" in their lives as mom had hoped he would be (in my theory) and started reclaiming their two-girls-together life. Maybe Gabbiee's first "date" enraged him (think someone has mentioned this possibility before) and pushed him into acting?

Is it possible he could have sold her into sex trafficking? Its not entirely impossible. Hopefully LE is looking at all angles. I need her mother to provide a bigger voice for her missing daughter. She needs to keep her case in the media. I have not read or seen any updates. :(

Just checking in very briefly and don't remember if we have had the following linked yet -- please excuse if redundant:

Absence of Evidence Gives Hope for Gabbiee Swainson’s Life

...It is this lack of evidence of serious injury that is the strongest evidence that Swainson is alive, a sheriff’s office spokesman told Patch.

And, in the most simple terms, they lack a body.

Also worth noting is that two kinds of dogs are being used in the search. Both cadaver dogs and scent dogs have turned up nothing on Grant’s property, officials said. ...

read more at: http://springvalley.patch.com/articles/absence-of-evidence-gives-hope-for-gabbiee-swainson-s-life

Tonight at 11PM EST there's an update on WIS. I'm too tired to stay up, but hoping it's good news.

This is heartening:

Teens' raise money, awareness for Gabbiee Swainson's family

When you see a simple blue bracelet, Mackenzie and Sydney Thompson hope Gabbiee Swainson comes to your mind. ...

...In two weeks, they've sold nearly all of the 1,100 initially ordered at $2 a piece, many giving more than the bracelet's worth. ...
more at: http://www.wistv.com/story/19577889/teens-raise-money-awareness-for-gabbiee-swainsons-family

Sounds like some of the money raised goes to the reward fund.

Also new:

"She's worth the fight." -- Search for Swainson enters day 30

...Gabbiee's aunt, Zoraida Turnipseed, calls the day her niece disappeared "hell day." Life hasn't gotten much better since.

Turnipseed has sifted through garbage, searched through crawl spaces, and abandoned buildings in the search.

"I can't pass a trash can. I can't pass a trash bag without stopping and pulling over and opening it," Turnipseed said. ...

read more at: http://www.wistv.com/story/19579406/shes-worth-the-fight-search-for-swainson-enters-day-30

God please bless this family, and lead these searchers to Gabbiee!

Snipped from that link:
According to the US Attorney's office, Grant's charge in the indictment is for being a felon in possession of ammunition.

Grant was arrested on that charge on Aug. 26. Days later, he was also charged with kidnapping in connection with Swainson's disappearance.

Just a thought: Grant was already in jail when charged with Gabiee's kidnapping, right? Once LE made the connection between FG and Gabiee's disappearance and they thought there was a possibility that Gabiee was still alive, could the ammo charges have been dropped and FG released in hopes he would lead LE to Gabiee?

This is not far from me, He could have drove her to this area. JMO Not Facts..

Snipped from that link:

Just a thought: Grant was already in jail when charged with Gabiee's kidnapping, right? Once LE made the connection between FG and Gabiee's disappearance and they thought there was a possibility that Gabiee was still alive, could the ammo charges have been dropped and FG released in hopes he would lead LE to Gabiee?

Hi everyone....new to this thread but have been following since beginning. I joined WS when Ivy was missing...so I have a really good record..:blushing: and would like to keep it up..

I know mom is saying she still believes Gabbie is alive, do we know if the prosecutors have offered Grant a deal to tell what he knows....I have to believe her mother would beg for him to get off with a slap of the wrist for credible info that finds Gabbie alive....so do we have to think LE believes she is not alive?

Hi everyone....new to this thread but have been following since beginning. I joined WS when Ivy was missing...so I have a really good record..:blushing: and would like to keep it up..

I know mom is saying she still believes Gabbie is alive, do we know if the prosecutors have offered Grant a deal to tell what he knows....I have to believe her mother would beg for him to get off with a slap of the wrist for credible info that finds Gabbie alive....so do we have to think LE believes she is not alive?

Unfortunately, I think we do. I had the same thoughts. If LE believes she is still alive they would be doing everything and anything to get answers from Grant, but as far as we know, that doesn't seem to be happening. I think they probably have some disturbing evidence, but not enough to charge him with murder. . .yet!

Unfortunately, I think we do. I had the same thoughts. If LE believes she is still alive they would be doing everything and anything to get answers from Grant, but as far as we know, that doesn't seem to be happening. I think they probably have some disturbing evidence, but not enough to charge him with murder. . .yet!

Duct tape with her hair on it...is one piece of evidence, correct? That seems pretty damning and that is what we know of. Do not see this ending well..going to keep reading on this case...I'll be back!:seeya:

Duct tape with her hair on it...is one piece of evidence, correct? That seems pretty damning and that is what we know of. Do not see this ending well..going to keep reading on this case...I'll be back!:seeya:

They never said if they found her phone but it was missing too so maybe it was used to track where she went. Hopefully Gabiee's phone records also lead to the perp.

Also a key to Gabbiee's home was found at the suspect's residence after he told her mom he had lost the key.

They never said if they found her phone but it was missing too so maybe it was used to track where she went. Hopefully Gabiee's phone records also lead to the perp.
Also a key to Gabbiee's home was found at the suspect's residence after he told her mom he had lost the key.

They have not announced that they found the phone, but early (I think around the time they arrested Grant), Lott announced that they had tracked the phone's movement from Gabbiee's home to Grant's home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute
Back