GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the phone held any further info, they would have had that data weeks ago and possibly found her by now.

Hi everyone....new to this thread but have been following since beginning. I joined WS when Ivy was missing...so I have a really good record..:blushing: and would like to keep it up..

I know mom is saying she still believes Gabbie is alive, do we know if the prosecutors have offered Grant a deal to tell what he knows....I have to believe her mother would beg for him to get off with a slap of the wrist for credible info that finds Gabbie alive....so do we have to think LE believes she is not alive?

Glad to have you on this thread, Camdenres. All we know is that Grant isn't talking. If the DA is offering him a plea bargain for leading them to Gabiee, he's not biting. I'm not sure the implications of that. That's why I asked if LE would've dropped the ammo charges against Grant so they could follow him if they really believed Gabby to still be alive.

http://www.wistv.com/story/19597942/crimestoppers-tips-continue-to-feed-swainson-investigation
~snipped~
Ever wondered what happens when a tip comes into Crimestoppers? It seems to be pretty simple.

It all begins with a phone call. For example, Crimestoppers took a tip in the Gabbiee Swainson case back on Sept. 9. Someone who was helping to search for the girl called in about some clothing found near Freddie Grant's home.

The tip is logged in a crime analyst's computer and a detective is sent to investigate.
BBM

http://www.wistv.com/story/19597942/crimestoppers-tips-continue-to-feed-swainson-investigation
~snipped~
From there, the detective did locate two pieces of clothing from the searcher: a bra and a shoe. Photographed, lifted from the scene and bagged, the evidence is walked down the halls of the Sheriff's office to the forensic lab.

"An Item like this, potentially we would examine it visually and then look for possible body fluids such as blood," said Rachel Grant, a DNA analyst for the Richland County Sheriff's Department.

"We also screen for semen and we look for hairs that will potentially have roots for DNA analysis."

~snipped~
The shoe and bra were examined, but they came up negative for everything. The items were also shown to Gabbiee's mother.

"We were told at that time it did not appear so, the shoe size being a little too big and the bra not fitting in with the type of bra Gabbiee would have normally worn," said Lt. Scott McDonald.

However, the items will still be kept just in case.

ETA: I wonder if investigators have an idea who the bra and shoe do belong to? Perhaps that information can help lead LE to Gabbiee.

ETA: I wonder if investigators have an idea who the bra and shoe do belong to? Perhaps that information can help lead LE to Gabbiee.

Isn't there another young woman connected to Grant that disappeared? Wonder if these articles of clothing can be connected to her.

Isn't there another young woman connected to Grant that disappeared? Wonder if these articles of clothing can be connected to her.

The article says the clothing was found near Grant's home? Do you suppose he had kept some of his former GF (the missing woman)'s personal effects and then tried to dispose of them? When, though, would he have decided to do that? I don't think he knew LE was on his trail until he was arrested for Gabbiee's kidnapping. There was still evidence of Gabbiee in his house.

Why would he have removed the duct tape?

Was it comming off and he had to keep reapplying it?

makes no sense to me to have this duct tape in his house and 2 pieces at the junkyard!

One theory I had considered earlier is that Gabbiee escaped and she tore off pieces of the tape as she ran. If this happened, Grant may have re-captured her near the junkyard where the 2 pieces of tape were found.

I guess LE will be able to determine if Gabbiee was the one who removed the pieces of tape if they find her fingerprints on the sticky side of the tape.

One theory I had considered earlier is that Gabbiee escaped and she tore off pieces of the tape as she ran. If this happened, Grant may have re-captured her near the junkyard where the 2 pieces of tape were found.

I guess LE will be able to determine if Gabbiee was the one who removed the pieces of tape if they find her fingerprints on the sticky side of the tape.

As much as it makes me so sad, I really think this is a likely possibility. :( I can't see any logical reason for Grant removing the tape unless he wanted to be found/caught (not unheard of, but not common either IMO).

That came to my mind, too...

isn't her last name Laster?....

or am I getting things jumbled in my brain? :waitasec:

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=804544#.UGDuR66J1qA
~snipped~
Since Gabbiee dissappeared Elvia said she has had to deal with multiple issues on top of her child going missing, such as false social media sites.

The single mother said,"The official Gabbiee facebook website is "Help us find Gabbiee" with two e's. This is the only website that was created by the family of Gabrielle Swainson for spreading awareness and gathering assistance from the community.

Gabbiee, you're still in our thoughts and prayers!

NCMC1201209c1.jpg

Gabrielle "Gabbiee" Swainson

Endangered Missing from Richland, South Carolina since August 18, 2012

Age: 15 -- Height: 5'2" -- Weight: 115 lbs -- Hair Color: Black -- Eye Color: Brown

Gabrielle's nickname is Gabbiee.

Gabrielle was last seen at home on August 18, 2012. When her mother went to work, Gabbiee disappeared, sometime between 3:00 am and 7:30 am. Later that month, Freddie Grant, a family friend, was arrested after deputies found blood on duct tape at his house. Gabbie's DNA was discovered on several items on the premises and in close vicinity of the home as well. Multiple searches of the area have turned up no sign of her.

NCMEC

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi
Back