SC - Gloria Satterfield, Murdaugh family housekeeper, 2018 Trip & Fall Insurance Fraud

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No audio, photo only.

The Alex Murdaugh plea hearing this morning went quicker than we thought. There were a couple hiccups where he wanted to preserve his rights to dispute the underlying facts in the satterfield fraud case, but other than that he pled guilty to 22 felony counts. Today is a seminal day in this Murdaugh saga as it is the first day where Alex Murdaugh under oath, accepted responsibility for his massive stealing from clients, deception, fraud, and repeated lies. It’s a start; a really good start. Here is Ronnie and me giving a statement to the Press after the court hearing this morning. EB

1695315592263.png

Driving back home from Charleston I have this nagging thought that Alex Murdaugh still has significant money secreted somewhere. Why else would he make it a point during his guilty plea to point out that he is going to continue to contest owing the Satterfields $4.3 million pursuant to the judgment he gave to them in May of 2022. Knowing that he’s going to spend the rest of his life in prison or close to it depending if the murder conviction stands or gets reversed, why would he care if the Satterfields have a judgment that they can’t collect upon because he is broke. I don’t believe he’s broke, and neither does he. EB

Driving back home from Charleston I have this nagging thought that Alex Murdaugh still has significant money secreted somewhere. Why else would he make it a point during his guilty plea to point out that he is going to continue to contest owing the Satterfields $4.3 million pursuant to the judgment he gave to them in May of 2022. Knowing that he’s going to spend the rest of his life in prison or close to it depending if the murder conviction stands or gets reversed, why would he care if the Satterfields have a judgment that they can’t collect upon because he is broke. I don’t believe he’s broke, and neither does he. EB

Too funny. You guys know the facts. EB

I literally just fell asleep. This seems like this was just slapped together. It’s factually wrong in so many different respects. But I guess that’s what Entertainment is sometimes. EB

Watching a lifetime movie right now. It’s more entertainment than factual obviously. The accents are not good and it is factually flawed. Alex never spoke to 911 gloria fell. He showed up after Maggie called him. And there were eight steps on the front of the house and not three. EB

It’s factually wrong in so many different respects. But I guess that’s what Entertainment is sometimes. EB
^^rsbbm

I agree -- the actual 911 calls released with MM and PM talking to the 911 dispatcher are far from the drama and emotion shown by the actors!

Separately, Murdaugh is also set to stand trial in November on charges related to stolen settlement funds from the family of the Murdaughs’ late housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield. They are the first of dozens of state charges he faces in alleged schemes to defraud victims of millions. The financial crimes he is accused of in the case include embezzlement, computer crime, money laundering and tax evasion.

September 21, 2023

This morning Gloria Satterfield’s sons and I were interviewed for an upcoming documentary on Murdaugh’s financial crime victims. Some good questions were asked. The men did really well. This will air in November. Quick turn around. EB

WATCH LIVE: Murdaugh Financial Crimes — SC v. Alex Murdaugh — Satterfield Case​

Copy: The man convicted of murdering his wife and son is set to appear in court Friday to face charges for his alleged financial crimes. Alex Murdaugh stands accused of bilking the family of his former housekeeper out of millions of dollars after her death. The disgraced lawyer even admitted to stealing the Satterfield settlement funds during his testimony in his double murder trial.

@TheEricBland

Word from Beaufort this morning is that the state and Team Murdaugh are engaged in intense plea negotiations not just for the Satterfield criminal financial fraud case but all pending financial crime cases. If agreements are reached and that is a big iF then on state level it will leave the murder cases and the road side Labor Day shooting criminal charges. I would assume there will be no new charges on any past financial misconduct. EB

12:05 PM · Nov 17, 2023

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257