SC - Gloria Satterfield, Murdaugh family housekeeper, 2018 Trip & Fall Insurance Fraud

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) – The attorneys for the Satterfield family are discussing developments surrounding the ongoing lawsuit between Alex Murdaugh and the Nautilus Insurance Company. This comes after a recent filing where Murdaugh suggests the insurance...

COLUMBIA, S.C. (WOLO) – The attorneys for the Satterfield family are discussing developments surrounding the ongoing lawsuit between Alex Murdaugh and the Nautilus Insurance Company. This comes after a recent filing where Murdaugh suggests the insurance company look at the Satterfield family for the nearly 4 million dollars.

Gloria Satterfield, Murdaugh’s former housekeeper, died in 2018 after a fall at the Murdaugh’s home. After her death Alex Murdaugh claimed he worked with her family to get them a settlement from his policy with Nautilus insurance. However, the Satterfield family says they never received any settlement and Murdaugh later admitted he owed them millions.

In a lawsuit, the insurance company is seeking to recover from Murdaugh the 3.8 million dollars paid in the settlement of Gloria’s case. Murdaugh who is in prison for the murders of his wife Maggie and son Paul answered the lawsuit last Monday.

Alex Murdaugh's attorneys
@HarpootlianSC and @LawyerGriffin
filed a motion today in the Gloria Satterfield case accusing @TheEricBland
and @RonnieRichterBR
of "misconduct." This is going to get VERY interesting ... here is the filing, story forthcoming

DEFENDANT MURDAUGH’S RULE 60(b) MOTION FOR RELIEF FROM JUDGMENT

Bland Richter’s Response To Alex Murdaugh’s May 16th Motion​

News, Press Releases

PRESS RELEASE
Pursuant to Rule 3.6 of the South Carolina Rules of Professional Responsibility, Bland Richter, LLP issues the following press release concerning Defendant Richard Alexander “Alex” Murdaugh’s May 16, 2023 Rule 60(b) motion filed in Case No. 2021-CP-25-00298 to correct the misstatements and inaccuracies contained therein. See attached motion.

Alex Murdaugh’s May 16th motion is yet another frivolous court filing that Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin have filed in the multitude of civil and criminal actions on behalf of their client who is a liar, a thief, and a twice-convicted murderer. First, shockingly, they reveal confidential settlement discussions in violation of the South Carolina Court Rules in their filing. This violation needs to be investigated immediately. They also seem to attribute thoughts and motives of others like somehow they have telepathy. In addition, they are simply factually wrong about the timing of the settlements that the Satterfields obtained from other parties.

This motion is nothing more than the endless and non-stop prattle of sore losing lawyers. We welcome addressing these arguments in court. They have lost almost all of the meaningful motions they have filed on behalf of their miscreant client Alex Murdaugh over the past two years. We are confident this most recent motion will be another loser. For example, their current motion does not come within the requirements of Rule 60(b) to obtain the relief they thought and they do not have standing to make these arguments on behalf of the other settling parties. This is a classic case of buyer’s remorse.

Alex Murdaugh gave the judgment for reasons that only his counsel and him knew at the time in May 2022. Now they seem to be singing a different tune. The very attorneys filing this frivolous motion advised Murdaugh to sign the confession of judgment they now seek to vacate. This is personal. Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin are improperly utilizing the judicial process for ulterior motives that are meant to harass and victimize the Satterfields again and constitutes vexatious conduct. I don’t mind these attorneys taking shots at us. Comes with the territory. They are upset that they do not get $160,000 for Murdaugh’s appeal as a result of arguments that Bland Richter recently made. They are nothing but paper bullies. We will continue to fight them in every courtroom in the land to obtain justice for our Clients and stop their gaming of the system.
Thank you.

Eric S. Bland and Ronald L. Richter, Attorneys for Tony Satterfield, Brian Harriott and the Estate of Gloria Satterfield

From inside max security prison, Murdaugh seeking to harrass, harm his victims, say legal opponents. Alex Murdaugh's attorneys want Satterfield confession vacated, citing Murdaugh's own lies https://greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/south-carolina/2023/05/16/alex-murdaughs-attorneys-want-satterfield-confession-vacated-updates-harpootlian-griffin-bland/70225222007/ via @greenvillenews #alexmurdaugh #AlexMurdaughTrial
https://t.co/TV2BWszDXx

Attorneys for twice-convicted family murderer and accused fraudster Alex Murdaugh are now seeking to have a multi-million confession of judgement in the Gloria Satterfield civil case thrown out.

The attorneys cite Murdaugh's own lies as well as alleged misconduct by one of the Satterfield attorneys.

The filing has sparked a heated debate.

Bland Richter LLP, attorneys for the Satterfield estate and heirs, publicly responded to a motion, Tuesday, May 16, that was filed by Murdaugh's attorneys in the Satterfield civil suit.

READ: Alex Murdaugh wants judgment vacated in housekeeper's death, accuses Satterfield attorney of misconduct https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/alex-murdaugh/alex-murdaugh-asks-to-be-released-from-4-3-million-judgment-in-lawsuit-by-late-housekeepers-sons/ via @lawcrimenews

5/17/2023

Attorneys for convicted double murderer Alex Murdaugh are asking a judge to vacate a $4.3 million judgment related to the theft of an insurance payout he received following the death of his housekeeper on his property more than five years ago.

Murdaugh entered a $4.3 million confession of judgment in May 2022 in a lawsuit filed by the sons of his late housekeeper, Gloria Satterfield. Tony Satterfield and his brother, Brian Harriot, sued Murdaugh after it came to light that he pocketed the $4.3 million insurance payouts from Lloyd’s of London and Nautilus instead of paying the money to the brothers.

Gloria Satterfield fell on the front steps of Murdaugh’s Moselle property in February 2018. Murdaugh’s wife, Maggie, and son, Paul, told a 911 call taker that Satterfield was bleeding from the head and they needed help. Satterfield died more than three weeks later in the hospital.

I would suggest that everyone read the actual documents refenced in posts overt the last several days, both from the insurance company lawyer as well as Harpootlian and Griffin. They both contain a lot of information which was new to me, including information about GS's hospital course, and the complexities of the financial crimes.

Now, since AM is the source for much of this, reliability is questionable.

I know it's going to be an unpopular opinion around these parts, but EB is sort of obnoxious. JMO
It seems common for people to transfer their feelings about the client to the attorney representing them. Since everyone is very sympathetic to the plight of the Satterfield boys, Bland also gets a lot of good will.

Similarly, I've noticed that the opposite happens with defense lawyers. People who are repulsed by a defendant will take their anger out on their defender, sometimes even to accusing the attorney of being an accessory to the crime.

It seems common for people to transfer their feelings about the client to the attorney representing them. Since everyone is very sympathetic to the plight of the Satterfield boys, Bland also gets a lot of good will.

Similarly, I've noticed that the opposite happens with defense lawyers. People who are repulsed by a defendant will take their anger out on their defender, sometimes even to accusing the attorney of being an accessory to the crime.

AM's lawyers are obnoxious IMO too. I don't want it to seem like I am in support of them and against EB. EB just seems to spend a lot of time fighting his battles on Twitter. JMO

EB is a bulldog, he knows it, and doesn't care. He's very passionate and verbal. He isn't very Twitter saavy for sure. Sometimes he gets on my nerves, but I appreciate his passion and dedication. His partner, Ronnie Richter, is a good balance for him.

I suspect that if Mark Tinsley was one to post all the time on Twitter about his cases with his court room style and level of conviction that people would soon find that annoying as well.

As point out by Eric Bland on Twitter: right now Jim and Dick and their PR team are being followed and filmed by a documentary crew. I'm sure the timing of their filing and this filming are entirely coincidental, naturally.

EB is a bulldog, he knows it, and doesn't care. He's very passionate and verbal. He isn't very Twitter saavy for sure. Sometimes he gets on my nerves, but I appreciate his passion and dedication. His partner, Ronnie Richter, is a good balance for him.

I suspect that if Mark Tinsley was one to post all the time on Twitter about his cases with his court room style and level of conviction that people would soon find that annoying as well.

As point out by Eric Bland on Twitter: right now Jim and Dick and their PR team are being followed and filmed by a documentary crew. I'm sure the timing of their filing and this filming are entirely coincidental, naturally.

Lol Tinsley annoys me too

AM's lawyers are obnoxious IMO too. I don't want it to seem like I am in support of them and against EB. EB just seems to spend a lot of time fighting his battles on Twitter. JMO
I don’t know. I think he’s just really passionate and emotional about it. I think it’s good he’s the one standing up to the good ol boys network. He seems up to the task. :)

I would suggest that everyone read the actual documents refenced in posts overt the last several days, both from the insurance company lawyer as well as Harpootlian and Griffin. They both contain a lot of information which was new to me, including information about GS's hospital course, and the complexities of the financial crimes.

Now, since AM is the source for much of this, reliability is questionable.

In the 2023-05-16 Murdaugh's Rule 60(b) Relief From Judgement, we learn for the very first time of GS's pre-existing health issues that could explain her fall (if true no dogs caused the fall).

As for EB, I went on record years ago when after he'd already earned millions from the Satterfield's settlements from others, he continued exploiting them across every media platform-- praying on the adult son that was made homeless after his mother's home was lost to foreclosure after her death! IMO, Media narcissists -- the whole lot of them!

From the 27 pg Motion:​

1684449661284.png
[..]

1684449769199.png
[..]

1684449845539.png
1684450028674.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online