SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that quick reply and info, Ashley.

To know that this spot (where her car was found near the water) is not a hang out location is a game-changer for me on what I suspect is going on.

This seems to be a place only locals know about. Tourists wouldn't really know about it, right?

I wouldn't imagine many tourists knowing about it unless they were fishing enthusiasts, but even then they usually enter the intracoastal waterway nearer to 501.

Also, that area is pretty much a straight shot down 31 from the White River location. Not a lot of tourists know about 31 what it's route is.

Does anyone know where her parents live? I saw an article that they lived in the Carolina Forest area but according to her facebook she want to St. James High School which is in Murrels Inlet, SC.

Hopefully there are many flyers posted in your area, and LE will have a PC soon to help bring more attention to Heather's case! The community needs to keep their eyes and ears open!

jmo

Hopefully there are many flyers posted in your area, and LE will have a PC soon to help bring more attention to Heather's case! The community needs to keep their eyes and ears open!

jmo

There are flyers everywhere. I actually just went through her friend's list and it made me sad seeing how many mutual friends we have... :(

There are flyers everywhere. I actually just went through her friend's list and it made me sad seeing how many mutual friends we have... :(

Something like this can be a very difficult thing for a community to go through. Many of us here know what that is like.

Hugs to all you guys down there. Stay safe.

I wouldn't imagine many tourists knowing about it unless they were fishing enthusiasts, but even then they usually enter the intracoastal waterway nearer to 501.

Right...and hardly any tourists use 31 to get around. There are far more publicly known river landings along 501...and further north along the ICW in Myrtle Beach proper.

I still say it's a local from the Socastee area...probably one who fishes/hunts in the Peachtree Landing area. There are A LOT of woods all around the landing. If it's a dump spot (gosh, I hope NOT), the SLED helicopter and DNR boat might not do much good. The forest is too dense for much of a view.

Curious...if you could ask the family any questions directly, what would you ask?
- I'd ask if they could confirm someone saw her on Tuesday.
- Also, I would ask if the report of Heather's car being parked at the landing on Monday is accurate?
- And, I would also ask for a confirmation on a boyfriend -- if there is one, was there a recent argument/breakup?
- Was her cell phone and/or personal belongings found in her car?

Does anyone know where her parents live? I saw an article that they lived in the Carolina Forest area but according to her facebook she want to St. James High School which is in Murrels Inlet, SC.

In Free White Pages I found an address for Terry Elvis in Myrtle Beach... On Sly Fox Trail...

JMO

....and right near where the murder and car crash happened a few hours after she was last seen. o.O

Margarita - I don't know how to do the map thing like you did, but you should make one for the following points.

A) 105 Sly Fox Trail, Myrtle Beach, SC - presumably her dad's house
B) 6699 Peach Tree Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC - where her car was found
C) 4481 Socastee Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC - location of fatal crash stemming from shooting

Could this be related to that fatal car crash stemming from a shooting that occurred December 17 around 5am?

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/17/3908521/fatal-crash-reported-in-socastee.html

Margarita - I don't know how to do the map thing like you did, but you should make one for the following points.

C) 4481 Socastee Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC - location of fatal crash stemming from shooting

Could this be related to that fatal car crash stemming from a shooting that occurred December 17 around 5am?

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/17/3908521/fatal-crash-reported-in-socastee.html

FWIW the suspects in this incident are still on the run.

Added the Luttie Road and Manor Circle links...and here ya go:
http://goo.gl/maps/Bni1M

FWIW, it should be easy to verify if Heather was present at the Socastee Blvd interaction. There is a strip mall there...and a Kangaroo station across the road. I'm sure some of the stores in the strip mall have cameras. And, I know Kangaroo stations use them.

Coming up from Sly Fox Trail, there is an HTC office, which most certainly has security cameras. So, they should be able to ascertain when Heather's car passed by that area last -- Tuesday afternoon or later in the evening.

Added the Luttie Road and Manor Circle links...and here ya go:
http://goo.gl/maps/Bni1M

FWIW, it should be easy to verify if Heather was present at the Socastee Blvd interaction. There is a strip mall there...and a Kangaroo station across the road. I'm sure some of the stores in the strip mall have cameras. And, I know Kangaroo stations use them.

Coming up from Sly Fox Trail, there is an HTC office, which most certainly has security cameras. So, they should be able to ascertain when Heather's car passed by that area last -- Tuesday afternoon or later in the evening.

Well, LEOs feel confident that she's not in the water and not a lot of info about the shooting/crash incident have been released and with the location of her car and her being last seen at 2am and that incident about 3 hours later... it seems like it should be looked into to me. Seems like a lot of weird things going on in close proximity within a close timeframe.

I apologize. Heather was last seen Tuesday evening and her cell phone last pinged Wednesday morning at 2am. The shooting/crash occurred Tuesday morning at 5am. for some reason I thought her cell was last pinged Tuesday, not Wednesday. Sorry for the mix up.

Thanks Ashley!!

Do you know if Heather has/had a boyfriend? Do you know if it was normal for her to out and about at 3:00 am? I'll think of some more here in a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member